Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Australia's vaccine rollout, the shambles to end all shambles.

The UK has vaccinated over 60% of its population with at least one dose, with widespread use of this vaccine (though it is not offered to under 40s) and there doesn't seem to be any widespread issue. Our media is really doing their best to sow fear and slow things down.

Hap Hapablap

I'm off to Nepal to become a mountain goat.
Jun 27, 2006
Where the cows go bong.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers,Internazionale, Man U
Australia's vaccine rollout, the shambles to end all shambles.

scomo is a dead man walking, this will completely * him up unless by some miracle he can get more pfizer vaccines in the next few weeks.

moderna and novavax also waiting. need to just approve moderna and get on with it.

based on this he will be absolutely crucified today. if only an election was being held this year, we could tip this campaigner out.

my opinion though is that AZ is fine like the UK and again the media is either trying to * up scomo or * up australia. why are they still fear mongering and creating more hesitancy to take the vaccine.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
scomo is a dead man walking, this will completely fu** him up unless by some miracle he can get more pfizer vaccines in the next few weeks.

moderna and novavax also waiting. need to just approve moderna and get on with it.

based on this he will be absolutely crucified today. if only an election was being held this year, we could tip this campaigner out.
He should get voted out but won't. Closed borders, "kept us safe" will win the day especially in places like QLD. Here might be more mixed due to Palmer, Porter and other screw ups. It may depend on Victoria. Sickening, but this is Australia.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
scomo is a dead man walking, this will completely fu** him up unless by some miracle he can get more pfizer vaccines in the next few weeks.

my opinion though is that AZ is fine like the UK and again the media is either trying to fu** up scomo or fu** up australia. why are they still fear mongering and creating more hesitancy to take the vaccine.
Nah, it will be like every other COVID election. As long as people feel comfortable at the time of voting, they will keep the incumbent. The average Australian is very comfortable at the moment with houses and shares going up, so they won't be interested in a protest.

This vaccine thing goes away the moment most of the population has been vaccinated. Unless the government are stupid, they will wait until then to call the election. They've still got until NOvember 2022 (the election was only in May 2019 - have only been in for just over 2 years).

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
How did you get AZ at your age?

Got my first shot on the 01/04, during the brief window when I qualified for the shot through work, but before the government restricted it to over 50s.

Because I got my first shot before that restriction, I was able to book my second shot no questions asked.

Most of the people I work with weren't as quick as me at booking their first shot when the email came through, so got Pfizer.

EagleEgo

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
He should get voted out but won't. Closed borders, "kept us safe" will win the day especially in places like QLD. Here might be more mixed due to Palmer, Porter and other screw ups. It may depend on Victoria. Sickening, but this is Australia.
If McGowan's popularity rubs off on fed Labor the libs are done in WA alone. If I were fed Labor I'd be hammering the state with ads reminds voters that Scomo sided with Palmer to open the state border, and I'd wheel McGowan out with Albo at every opportunity.

Hap Hapablap

Jun 27, 2006
Where the cows go bong.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
he will get butchered in victoria and WA. WA will not be supporting scomo with mcgowans rhetoric.

Victoria. Enough said.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Has there been a more difficult term of Prime Ministerial leadership than what Scomo has found himself in? From fires to the pandemic, damn he's had to make his way through some absolutely shocking circumstances.

Those older than me will be able to comment on wars and cooked economies of decades prior.

Hap Hapablap

Jun 27, 2006
Where the cows go bong.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
i feel for people like john curtin, joseph lyons, and the like for leading the country during pure hell. and dying in office.

Scomo is incompetent. he tries but hes stupid and has monumentally ****ed up the vaccine process.. the economy is frydenbergs work. and hes a smart cookie.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast

Those age group over 60s have paid more tax in life but denied the right to have the choice of their preferred vaccine??!!

a. it's really got no correlation to taxes paid/avoided/unpaid etc.
b. almost all people are being denied the choice of vaccine. I'm under 40 (just), and not yet qualified for any of the vaccine categories. Once I qualify I will be TOLD which vaccine to get - it won't be a choice.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't understand why Albo doesn't go full Tony Abbott on the government. He has so much material to work with.

Labor went hard on policy in 2019 and it killed them. Albo is going to go for small target politics next time around. Point out the faults, advise everyone he can fix them, but not really put up a plan or costings on how that will happen.

It's basically opposition politics 101.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Labor went hard on policy in 2019 and it killed them. Albo is going to go for small target politics next time around. Point out the faults, advise everyone he can fix them, but not really put up a plan or costings on how that will happen.

It's basically opposition politics 101.
Yeah, but that's not what I was advocating.

Edit: or were you agreeing with me? Hard to tell.

Last edited:

EagleEgo

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
a. it's really got no correlation to taxes paid/avoided/unpaid etc.
b. almost all people are being denied the choice of vaccine. I'm under 40 (just), and not yet qualified for any of the vaccine categories. Once I qualify I will be TOLD which vaccine to get - it won't be a choice.
a. I think you misunderstand the word "correlation"
b. Not all age group denied the choice nor the allocation.

In short, it is not done properly. Voters from disadvantaged groups will not vote for this Federal Govt.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
i feel for people like john curtin, joseph lyons, and the like for leading the country during pure hell. and dying in office.

Scomo is incompetent. he tries but hes stupid and has monumentally f’ed up the vaccine process.. the economy is frydenbergs work. and hes a smart cookie.
The state of the economy is proof massive fiscal stimulus works, it worked during the GFC and is working now. Difference being when Rudd spent it was was a debt and deficit disaster/crisis and now the Libs have done it they consider themselves genius's.

The vaccine rollout here has been the longest dog's breakfast in history, just like the NBN they went cheap and ended up with something half as good.
Astra Zeneca will stop deaths but is unlikely to get us to herd immunity. Uk cases have doubled in two weeks to 9,000 a day using mostly Astra while Israel is down to single digits a day using Pfizer. Putting most of our eggs in one basket has proved to be foolhardy.

As someone just over 60 who has had one Astra shot my reaction to todays news is GAGF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back