Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should have years ago:

They spent a fair while dealing with him and his Dad.

Immediately post 9/11 they were more than happy to send folks to Damascus for the extra special interrogation techniques Bashar's people employ.

They spent a fair while dealing with him and his Dad.

Immediately post 9/11 they were more than happy to send folks to Damascus for the extra special interrogation techniques Bashar's people employ.
Of the Arab powers near Israel, Syria was probably the most stable and best choice to deal with, outside Jordan.

Should have years ago:
The west and their allies in the region tried to reframe Turkey as the traditional enemy in the region, from the days of the ottoman, Saud and the gulf states are going to pour billions in their for the reconstruction effort, time will tell I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The west and their allies in the region tried to reframe Turkey as the traditional enemy in the region, from the days of the ottoman, Saud and the gulf states are going to pour billions in their for the reconstruction effort, time will tell I guess.
Depends on the period. They were desperate to keep Turkey onside during the Second World War for a variety of reasons. Same again during the Cold War. The relationship has ebbed and flowed a bit since 1991, but has noticeably worsened of late.

Depends on the period. They were desperate to keep Turkey onside during the Second World War for a variety of reasons. Same again during the Cold War. The relationship has ebbed and flowed a bit since 1991, but has noticeably worsened of late.
Turkey being part of NATO has been a nightmare or perfect considering you can jam a wedge between the EU and NATO. Which ever way you want to look at it..

How’s the form of that soccer player, Rapinoe who has been critical of Victoria’s Secret, is now one of the models. Jeez she’s annoying
Didn’t her US team lose 5-2 in a praccy to an u-15s team a few years back? Or was that the Matildas?

Last edited:
Didn’t her US team lose 5-2 in a praccy to an u-15s team a few years back? Or was that the Matildas?

Not sure, but I do know that a junior boys side flogged the matildas a few years ago.

Edit- they lost 7-0

Of the Arab powers near Israel, Syria was probably the most stable and best choice to deal with, outside Jordan.

Which is why it needed to be destablised at the first opportunity.

Not sure, but I do know that a junior boys side flogged the matildas a few years ago.

Edit- they lost 7-0

Those boys teams are ridiculously good.

I played school soccer and we came up against Hunter Sports High. They thumped us 19-1 and I was the lucky goalkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back