Preview Round 14, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Brisbane @ Blundstone Arena | Saturday, 19 June @ 16:35

Remove this Banner Ad

But the fact someone playing so badly is one of best players is the reason we are last.
That is correlation tho, not causation.

Its not the reason we are last, its a symptom of the reason we are last.

(IMO) He should be about 10th-12th on the Syd if we are looking at contending and I think now he'd be around fifth. While he has been poor in some instances he hasn't been as poor as everyone expected. He played alot better than I would have thought he'd play. And for alot of this year we have been missing four of our top six from last years Syd while we blood new players and work on a different game style. (This is the real reason we are last. Missing players and changing so much about the team on and off field. JZ in or out of the team wouldn't really change that.)

I truly despise Melbourne.

In a sense I'm happy to grant free passage to all their competitors to climb over them.

Go onwards and upwards Brisbane, with my blessings.

Melbourne are a hole of a club with no home ground.

They systematically cheated got caught, had the AFL wordsmith an outcome to not claim cheating, copped a $500k fine and then were gifted pick 3 by virtue of band 1 compo.

They were managed so poorly that the AFL had to appoint people into the club. Paying for some of them.

and now that they are up the top there appears to be a narrative of them doing it on their own. GAGF they did.

As for beating Carlton, I wanna watch them burn.

Melbourne are a hole of a club with no home ground.

They systematically cheated got caught, had the AFL wordsmith an outcome to not claim cheating, copped a $500k fine and then were gifted pick 3 by virtue of band 1 compo.

They were managed so poorly that the AFL had to appoint people into the club. Paying for some of them.

and now that they are up the top there appears to be a narrative of them doing it on their own. GAGF they did.

As for beating Carlton, I wanna watch them burn.

Spot on. They got a draft compensation blowjob when a reigning premier apparently threw so much money at their run of the mill KPD that it justified band 1.

They'd already burnt up how many top 3 picks in the preceding 10 years? If we did that we wouldn't get band 1 even if our player was poached for $14million per game.

This is a club who had consecutive number 1 picks amongst their sea of early selections of many years yet there was never a media narrative that they should tough it out without any more early selections (where were you David King you ****ing idiot?) or be deregistered.

They can fester and burn for all I care. I'd clap a Richmond 3-peat or a Dangerflag over these born arseholes prevailing.

I tend to agree that it if the club is not going to make an effort to transfer a Tas game from later in the year to Melbourne then that's pretty shitty. We continue to get less and less.

I don’t really get this train of thought. A lot of games are being moved interstate to states where the home team has no link with the state at all. At least we have the ability to play our home game in a city that we’re aligned with and have a crowd.

If the game had of been moved to Sydney for logistical purposes would anyone be saying anything? I think sometimes especially in the times we’re currently living, we need to look at things a bit more glass half full.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sh*t I would hate to think what he would call most of us around here who are let’s say mature.

People should look at better factors such as overall games output.

Is an established 26 year old footballer more likely to deliver quality AFL games in comparison to a kid? I don't have the answer handy, but I would intuitively favor, yes. Who would put their money on Atu playing more AFL games than L-Mac right now? I wouldn't.

People should look at better factors such as overall games output.

Is an established 26 year old footballer more likely to deliver quality AFL games in comparison to a kid? I don't have the answer handy, but I would intuitively favor, yes. Who would put their money on Atu playing more AFL games than L-Mac right now? I wouldn't.

True

Nah like 29+. I know we have a couple of 25/26 year olds like Turner and Corr and lmac. But we need to bolster the defence.

No worries mate, and you definitely wouldn't want all your defenders to be that age for fear of a cliff drop, but ultimately output is the true deciding factor.

Free agency has mitigated a lot of this, particularly when it comes to defenders.

Anyone else concerned that our best back 6/7 apart from McKay and Bonar are old?

We might need to go hard on defenders this draft.
McKay, Bonar, McDonald and Corr all have 5+ years of quality football ahead of them. Perez, Atu, P Walker, Ham all in the development pipeline. Turner's not old as an ok role player. Hayden can play as a small defender. We need another KPD or two over the next couple of drafts but our general defenders pipeline is ok. It just looks old on game day because 3 of those guys's spots are being filled by Atley/Hall/JZ. I'd expect one of those 3 and Hayden to be gone at the end of the year, and a couple of the younger ones pressing their claims in 2022.

Yeah

But next year you’d hope Flynn is playing and he’d be in over Atley

Atley would be wise to take a free agent offer elsewhere if it came

The human shoe horn does it again!

North have some pretty decent talent and experience for a team sitting on the bottom.

McDonald, Ziebell, Dumont, Cunnington, Simpkin, Stephenson, Zurhaar, Goldstein, Davies-Uniacke, Thomas, Tarrant

Some pretty big names there. I've probably missed a couple of younger kids who are flying under the radar as well.
You guys seem to be building, especially in Tas, and we're usually shot coming off the bye. Do you rate yourselves a decent chance?
I'm worried it could be a bit of a 50/50 scrap like last year.

North have some pretty decent talent and experience for a team sitting on the bottom.

McDonald, Ziebell, Dumont, Cunnington, Simpkin, Stephenson, Zurhaar, Goldstein, Davies-Uniacke, Thomas, Tarrant

Some pretty big names there. I've probably missed a couple of younger kids who are flying under the radar as well.
You guys seem to be building, especially in Tas, and we're usually shot coming off the bye. Do you rate yourselves a decent chance?
I'm worried it could be a bit of a 50/50 scrap like last year.

I suspect we'll be competitive for a solid chunk of the match and then drop away. It looks like we'll be fielding 10 players with less that 50 games of experience, and Brisbane fielded 5 in their last match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back