Trades Round 14 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Hawk rookie is most likely to play more games, Duke or Bramble?

Duke
14 tackles on debut
Gives the hawks a much needed fierceness at the coalface something they’re severely lacking.
Also gives them a defensive presence which opens up Titch and JOM to do a bit more too.

Don't get why everyone is jumping on Briggs. Only his second game, only in because Mummy's out, and only 42 in his first outing.

Let's say he gets 60 this week - is the extra 60pts for one week really worth a trade for someone who doesn't have great JS, nor any history that would suggest he'll net you a good score?
Need a downgrade option.
Need a score this weekend.
DEF/FWD swing allows for future DPP moves when trading.

Mummy is injury prone and GWS are set on playing 2 rucks, so Briggs will get games, even if it's only a couple more. He's just a bench rookie.

Need a downgrade option.
Need a score this weekend.
DEF/FWD swing allows for future DPP moves when trading.

Mummy is injury prone and GWS are set on playing 2 rucks, so Briggs will get games, even if it's only a couple more. He's just a bench rookie.
Are they? For a long time it was Mummy OR Flynn. Have only played 2 for a couple of weeks.

Alright, I may have done it.

Murphy > Titch
Poulter > Langford
Waterman > Bramble

$300 in the bank. 4 trades. 1 upgrade remains. Alternative is Boak instead of Titch to save 30k, and maybe grab Edwards instead of Bramble. Or ditch Brockman instead of Waterman. Or Greene instead of Langford (though if I have to go down, I’d rather go down swinging with Kyle than Toby).

Alright, I may have done it.

Murphy > Titch
Poulter > Langford
Waterman > Bramble

$300 in the bank. 4 trades. 1 upgrade remains. Alternative is Boak instead of Titch to save 30k, and maybe grab Edwards instead of Bramble. Or ditch Brockman instead of Waterman. Or Greene instead of Langford (though if I have to go down, I’d rather go down swinging with Kyle than Toby).
Nice trades imo.
Id take edwards over bramble

Nice trades imo.
Id take edwards over bramble
I’d rather that but would require taking either Greene or Boak instead of the alternative.

It took some serious penny pinching to get to this point.

I think I'm gonna trade in Rozee.

Initial plan is;
Jordon > Walsh
Byrnes > Bramble
Bianco > Madden
Poulter > Briggs

Would give me 17 playing and 277k and 5 trades (danger upgrade to go)

Instead of getting Briggs, I can go Rozee, and back him to continue his hot form against GC, Swans & Hawks, flip him to Danger and have it only cost me 1 trade instead of 2. If it fails it still cost me 2 trades and I only miss out on Briggs, who I doubt sticks around anyways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm so you think Butters goes straight back in? No SANFL time, no forward time to get his body right?
Intriguing .. I would've thought if he's back in 3/4 it'll take 6-8 for him to be at full stride. It just seems that you've got a plethora of small forwards, pacy mids you have zero of and Robbie is that guy who provides you the X Factor inside - Wines Boak Houston Drew SPP all the same type of player.
Robbie is not quick, he is every evasive with his body movement and he has footy smarts.

I would not even play Butters in the SANFL, he would walk straight back in at AFL level. And yes you are right Butters would play most likely up forward when he does get back but Gray is also valuable up forward as well.

Once Duursma comes back (there was a report last night he is playing SANFL next week), it will mean that Amon will get more CBA's as well.

Last edited:
I’d rather that but would require taking either Greene or Boak instead of the alternative.

It took some serious penny pinching to get to this point.
Its r14 and bramble is getting his first game. After being eligible the whole year.
Its not like he was a mid season draft pick.
Sight unseen his JS is really bad imo.
Edwards has played a decent game.

Initial plan is;
Jordon > Walsh
Byrnes > Bramble
Bianco > Madden
Poulter > Briggs

Instead of getting Briggs, I can go Rozee, and back him to continue his hot form against GC, Swans & Hawks, flip him to Danger and have it only cost me 1 trade instead of 2. If it fails it still cost me 2 trades and I only miss out on Briggs, who I doubt sticks around anyways.
Epic.
Very Demotivational - balls of steel - Very Demotivational Posters - Start  Your Day Wrong - Demotivational Posters | Very Demotivational | Funny  Pictures | Funny Posters | Funny Meme - Cheezburger
Balls of steel Memes

Don't get why everyone is jumping on Briggs. Only his second game, only in because Mummy's out, and only 42 in his first outing.

Let's say he gets 60 this week - is the extra 60pts for one week really worth a trade for someone who doesn't have great JS, nor any history that would suggest he'll net you a good score?
Yes he's certainly not ideal. JS is almost non existant. But, importantly he is playing this week, provides much needed cash as a downgrade and has fwd/def DPP making it possible to move Madden around as required. At worst Briggs will provide a non-playing loop player for the fwd and back lines. If he plays games it's a bonus.

Robbie is not quick, he is every evasive with his body movement and he has footy smarts.

I would not even play Butters in the SANFL, he would walk straight back in at AFL level. And yes you are right Butters would play most likely up forward when he does get back but Gray is also valuable up forward as well.

One Duursma comes back (there was a report last night he is playing SANFL next week), it will mean that Amon will get more CBA's as well.

You know what I meant, he is very Pendlebury like, evasive and great in tight, makes others look slow.

Hmmmm I forgot about Duurs. Good problem to have, somebody is gonna have to miss out.

Amon, Boak, Duursma
Butters, 1 of Marshall/Ladhams, Rozee
Gray, Dixon, Georgiades
Lycett Wines Houston

Still have SPP Drew Orazio Motlop and others to fit in all of that mix. Bold would be your shoe ins.

Reckon Gray can do enough to get his 10-15 CBA's and float forward? I can see it. Or do you see it bellowing down to 0 and Butters Wines Boak Houston Drew/SPP fill in the void and sexy Robbie plays full time forward?

Sorry for the huge response but seriously weighing it up.

Initial plan is;
Jordon > Walsh
Byrnes > Bramble
Bianco > Madden
Poulter > Briggs

Your balls are gigantic and everybody shall bask in awe of your massive balls.
Good luck.

Out

Poulter
Jordan
Oliver
Brayshaw

In

Bont
Lyons
Merrett
Newcombe

16 playing this week. Next week, Hunter to Amartey and my teams set with two trades to spare for 2+ week injuries.

Are they? For a long time it was Mummy OR Flynn. Have only played 2 for a couple of weeks.
Just take the first 4 points I mentioned then

Anyone know what hall is gonna rise to? Want to pull the trigger on weightman to hall just so my team is in better shape next week.

Initial plan is;
Jordon > Walsh
Byrnes > Bramble
Bianco > Madden
Poulter > Briggs

Rozee going to kick 5 against the Suns isn't he? Loved playing against bad teams, some of his highest all time SC scores have come against the Suns and Swans. Bloody hell now I'm tempted.

I'm confident McKay will average more and probably be a better F6 keeper than Gimpey, but the 2 in his 3-rd-avg kills his BE and he won't make money. Rozee could be $450k in 3 weeks

Yea I agree mate, if I had my time again wouldn’t of got reeves and got a dpp ruck in that position
IMO you're fine ....you have CCJ and Reeves will play more than he doesn't .....at worst you can drop a DPP Ruck into R3 ....but you should be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back