List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

just had quick search and i think Maynard has finished 5th in the Pies B&F the last couple of years, and he's contracted for next year as well, so they'd definitely be wanting a decent return for him. Weideman would definitely be only part of a deal.
but i tend to think that it's all likely a BS story anyway.

I agree with TheCount. Maynard was stiff not to be AA. Only 24. I don't think Weid would get it done, let alone getting a pick back also.
I really rate Maynard and agree that just Weid, or getting change our way, won't be near getting it done.
Would love him though. Great defender and user. Didn't realise he was 24 either, thought he was in his late 20s.

Grew up a Melbourne supporter, his old man played a handful of games for us too.

Get him to the club!

Grew up a Melbourne supporter, his old man played a handful of games for us too.

Get him to the club!
Once you have been in the system for a few years players very rarely jump ship to a team they barracked for as a kid unless their team is trying to offload them to that team

Moloney and Higgins (St K version) are the only two I can think of. And interstate players don't really count in this argument

Once you have been in the system for a few years players very rarely jump ship to a team they barracked for as a kid unless their team is trying to offload them to that team

Moloney and Higgins (St K version) are the only two I can think of. And interstate players don't really count in this argument

Yeah I know, still if there is truth to the rumour then it's nice for him to play for a club he grew up supporting.

But a massive yes to get him over, only 24 and is a tough nut! would make our defensive line even stronger.

Wonder if the pies cap situation plays into it too. By their own admission, they’re still not completely out of the woods but at the same time said they wouldn’t need to ship any one else out. But that would means their not in a great position to match decent bids.

Wonder if the pies cap situation plays into it too. By their own admission, they’re still not completely out of the woods but at the same time said they wouldn’t need to ship any one else out. But that would means their not in a great position to match decent bids.
800k they still need to shed apparently.

Yeah wow. Think someone said he’s still contracted for next year, so not sure how that would work if we wanted to pay him more but the Pies are happy to keep him for his last contracted year. Would we only be able to try outbid from 2023? And then he’s under prob restricted FA conditions.

Guys good players from Victoria don't go from 1 Victorian club to another. Well that's what some flog on here loves to say.🤣🤣 honestly though he's 1 of my favourite players so thatd be awse. Who's second round pick have we got? pretty sure we don't have any of our picks hey but have 1 in most rounds from other teams?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still need to shed best part of a Mil, going off what was said last year and they don’t have currency to bring in Daicos yet.

Early signs pointing to JDG going but that only gets them 2/3 of the way there. Maynard would make sense.

Still need to shed best part of a Mil, going off what was said last year and they don’t have currency to bring in Daicos yet.

Early signs pointing to JDG going but that only gets them 2/3 of the way there. Maynard would make sense.
Maynard won't leave the pies.

There is literally zero chance.

They will delist/retire/trade Greenwood, mayne (possibly) Cox, Thomas and Sier. They will try to restructure the Howe/Hoskin-elliott deals for another year at a lesser price, and blokes like Pendlebury and sidebottom will probably take a cut since they might only have a year or 2 left.

Maynard makes zero sense. Treloar made sense, Phillips made sense, and Stephenson off field made sense. Maynard makes none.

The players I've just names would clear up 1.5 mil if they turn them over, and could possibly save another 2-300 if they go to a few other players and ask for a haircut but an extra year. Howe would be unlikely to take it since he's a dog, but he's hardly played in 2 years. But Maynard makes zero sense.

Maynard won't leave the pies.

There is literally zero chance.

They will delist/retire/trade Greenwood, mayne (possibly) Cox, Thomas and Sier. They will try to restructure the Howe/Hoskin-elliott deals for another year at a lesser price, and blokes like Pendlebury and sidebottom will probably take a cut since they might only have a year or 2 left.

Maynard makes zero sense. Treloar made sense, Phillips made sense, and Stephenson off field made sense. Maynard makes none.

The players I've just names would clear up 1.5 mil if they turn them over, and could possibly save another 2-300 if they go to a few other players and ask for a haircut but an extra year. Howe would be unlikely to take it since he's a dog, but he's hardly played in 2 years. But Maynard makes zero sense.

Let’s not get all hyperbolic. There’s always a chance. Better players have left clubs for other clubs before. Lots of them.

He’s not a RFA at the end of this year?

Sorry, I thought he was out of contract this year.
He’s out of contract this year but RFA is eligible after 8 seasons, he’s 2 years away from that.

he can leave via trade or pre-season draft, being out of contract would lower his already low trade value.

Let’s not get all hyperbolic. There’s always a chance. Better players have left clubs for other clubs before. Lots of them.
Exactly. Hawks premiership side had Gibson, Lake, McEvoy, Hale all from other Vic clubs. Ottens was part of the Cats premiership teams and was from Richmond. Houli came from Essendon. Good players do move to other clubs in the same state, but it doesn't happen often. Maynard unlikely to leave, however if we feel he's going to improve our team(which he would), it seems like a great time to go after a player from Collingwood. Outgoing coach, board issues, currently bottom 4, salary cap issues. Why not go hard for him...

As the title suggests. Maynard silly season chat going around. Not that this is anything more than a baseless footy journo striving for relevance shot-in-the-dark rumour but Pies would be wanting our 2022 first rounder. Can't say I've watched Maynard closely enough to tell if he's worth the risk of tumbling down the ladder again to the background track of a Dees deathriding thread on the Collingwood board, but he was good for me in SC last year so I'd definitely give up 15-18 based on that alone. Nice little post-Hib backline group of May, Lever, Tomlinson, Petty, Rivers, Salem, H*nt and Maynard gives us some good flexibility (though long may the Pig reign).

Don't imagine we have much cap room this year and certainly almost no draft picks of value to trade, but once the Brayshaw and TMac contracts are off the book next year there might be more movement. Probably lose Weideman for a third rounder. Wouldn't be surprised if Sparrow goes.

Post your wild trade dreams here.

As the title suggests. Maynard silly season chat going around. Not that this is anything more than a baseless footy journo striving for relevance shot-in-the-dark rumour but Pies would be wanting our 2022 first rounder. Can't say I've watched Maynard closely enough to tell if he's worth the risk of tumbling down the ladder again to the background track of a Dees deathriding thread on the Collingwood board, but he was good for me in SC last year so I'd definitely give up 15-18 based on that alone. Nice little post-Hib backline group of May, Lever, Tomlinson, Petty, Rivers, Salem, H*nt and Maynard gives us some good flexibility (though long may the Pig reign).

Don't imagine we have much cap room this year and certainly almost no draft picks of value to trade, but once the Brayshaw and TMac contracts are off the book next year there might be more movement. Probably lose Weideman for a third rounder. Wouldn't be surprised if Sparrow goes.

Post your wild trade dreams here.
Um

My dream is to keep it to one thread

You know

This one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back