Autopsy Rd 14 - Cats beat Dogs after the siren. The this is gonna be good thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Spewing we lost - Yes

Much could have should have in games like this.

We had possession last 1 min go backwards keep the ball.

We need to learn that we need to make players like Stewart, May and Lever accountable and not let them intercept play someone on them.

We need to learn the value of 2 rucks and what it does to English, our forward line and the opposition. (Bev stubborn?)

Hannan out will happen when troops come back. (Bev Stubborn?)

Take the lessons and the loss becomes a win long term.

The WA government are a complete joke. Pathetic scare mongerers. How hard is it to test the players before they fly out, and then ensure they are not in contact with the public from plane > bus > ground?

The politicians at every level are really ruining this country.

While we dwell on our 'what ifs?', the Geelong board would have been full of the same had they lost. Last night was a very balanced affair by both sides. Sure we can dwell on Bont and Scott's misses or failing to run the clock down but Geelong would have equally been ruing their missed shots or having not made the most of their dominance at various other stages during the game. The end result doesn't come down to one moment, but is the sum of all moments.

A flip of the coin result yet Geelong has supposedly stamped their Premiership credentials while we 'have work to do'. The perception doesn't reflect reality.

I'm quietly confident on the path we're on this year. But what can't be forgotten are the variables such as injury and gameplan/tactics. While the return of Dunkley and Treloar will do us wonders and perhaps would've seen us win last night, who knows what our available 22 will look like in September or if the Cats will try something different.

The WA government are a complete joke. Pathetic scare mongerers. How hard is it to test the players before they fly out, and then ensure they are not in contact with the public from plane > bus > ground?

The politicians at every level are really ruining this country.

So the AFL calls their bluff and threatens to
move the game. The AFL is in charge of the comp.

Big difference spending the week in Sydney with freedoms then doing one day hard lockdown vs a full week of it.

In addition, our players now get absolutely no bye unlike every other team. I’m just concerned that our guys won’t cope.

I’ll drop off it as I know this thread is meant to be a game review, but I bring it up in the context of how big last nights result was given the extreme challenge we have this week.

As many have pointed out before, it’s not a big deal if we end up dropping both games. As long as we are right in both of them. Our percentage and run home, plus depth of player to still come in will set us up nicely for a serious finals tilt.

Last night was an absolute tick for mine. Was very much a round 2 v Hawthorn 2016 game. Burns because we were all over them in the fourth and the kick by Rowan is an extra dagger but will serve us well come finals time.

Disappointed about the loss on how we failed in the last 2 minutes to set up defensively but Cat’s were just about full strength, they have a massive home ground advantage and we have Adz, Dunks, Richards, Martin and Wood? to come in. Out would be R Smith, Scott, Hannan, One of Gardner or Cordy for Wood and possibly Crozier for Richards. Big fan of Croz but he is out of form and Ed offers so much more. I do not have VDM in best 22. Weightman and JJ are ahead and Mclean is also but JJ needs to continue play his role.

i think we have the Cat’s covered, but Tiges and any interstate team at home are my concerns. We need to stay in the 4 and play either Geelong or Melbourne.

As many have pointed out before, it’s not a big deal if we end up dropping both games. As long as we are right in both of them. Our percentage and run home, plus depth of player to still come in will set us up nicely for a serious finals tilt.

Last night was an absolute tick for mine. Was very much a round 2 v Hawthorn 2016 game. Burns because we were all over them in the fourth and the kick by Rowan is an extra dagger but will serve us well come finals time.
In my opinion it is a big deal to drop both as rather than being able to manage players in the back half of the year, every game becomes a must win if we want top 4.

I totally hear what your saying in that we showed plenty and are on the right track, but this period has the possibility to derail our momentum if we aren’t careful.

In my opinion it is a big deal to drop both as rather than being able to manage players in the back half of the year, every game becomes a must win if we want top 4.

I totally hear what your saying in that we showed plenty and are on the right track, but this period has the possibility to derail our momentum if we aren’t careful.

So we’re just giving up on next week already? FFS 🙄

Run home:

Eagles at Perth
North at Marvel
Swans at Marvel
Gold Coast at Metricon
Adelaide at Mars
Melbourne at MCG
Essendon at Marvel
Hawks at Tassie
Port at Marvel

Pretty decent. Very decent run home. I don’t see many, if any, losses here.

Yeah great FACT except English has missed a month himself

That'll teach me for just going by looking at your 3 leading goalkickers on AFL Tables rather than looking at the names. Still, my point stands, our 3 tall forwards had missed more games than your 3, even taking into account English missing for a month.

That'll teach me for just going by looking at your 3 leading goalkickers on AFL Tables rather than looking at the names. Still, my point stands, our 3 tall forwards had missed more games than your 3, even taking into account English missing for a month.
Who cares? Go back to your own board.

If we finish 3rd or 4th and play Geelong or Melbourne in the first week of finals it makes no difference if we would have finished 1st or 2nd given the game is at the MCG either way
Cats got Brisbane at Gabba next week.

I'd almost go for cats to keep Brisbane well away from top 2.... But I won't cause screw the cats.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody actually requires your input. Go moderate your bunch of coke head *******s on the Geelong board and leave this board.

I would also like to say congrats to Toby last night. He was rusty at times but to have 21 and a goal from your first game in 10 months with no practice form, whilst playing another contender was superb.

If he pulled up okay, it’s likely he’ll get some midfield time as 4th mid and he’s much better at it then Lipinski, West etc. It’ll be vital for the next month or so until we get reinforcements and then he’ll be moved into McNeil’s role at half forward. He could be a big boost to our finals chances.

Cool, want a medal? You believe what you want to believe. Don‘t you have some moderating to do? Respectfully f*** off and do it. You’re only here to gloat and to be frank I couldn’t give a stuff about your players.

English played in the ruck last night and Naughton played one half. If you want to talk about missing games….

Cameron went missing for a couple of quarters

So what is the point of your comment? Geelong has the best home ground advantage in the AFL, your ground has the narrowest dimensions of any other ground, and you train and play on it. No other team gets to train on their home stadium. So of course your forwards kick goals. Break it down it’s not that impressive.

We will see your old men at the G with Adz and Dunks, and we will show your mob what impressive looks like. Play on!

So what is the point of your comment? Geelong has the best home ground advantage in the AFL, your ground has the narrowest dimensions of any other ground, and you train and play on it. No other team gets to train on their home stadium. So of course your forwards kick goals. Break it down it’s not that impressive.

We will see your old men at the G with Adz and Dunks, and we will show your mob what impressive looks like. Play on!

Hey, they’re a little nervous down there, they know this is their last shot at the stumps with their aged care home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back