Autopsy Rd 14 - Cats beat Dogs after the siren. The this is gonna be good thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sadly, I've seen some pretty horrible comments about him (and Cordy, and a few others, actually ...) on this board.
Most of us are trying to call out OTT slurs on players. It's not as bad as it used to be.

Even if we do lose to WCE, 10-4 is hardly panic stations with a good run home. Plenty of Premiership teams have a poor month of results at some point in the season
Yes, it's a learning phase really, finding out what other teams are all about. Then we build towards finals time.

How long will Astro be out if he has broken ribs. Found this on the website not sure if it is accurate.

In most cases, broken ribs usually heal on their own in one or two months. Adequate pain control is important so that you can continue to breathe deeply and avoid lung complications, such as pneumonia

How long will Astro be out if he has broken ribs. Found this on the website not sure if it is accurate.

In most cases, broken ribs usually heal on their own in one or two months. Adequate pain control is important so that you can continue to breathe deeply and avoid lung complications, such as pneumonia

Do we even know if he has broken rib/s? Let’s just take it one step at a time.

He doesn't have broken ribs

I see a couple of posters have commented favourably on Tim English’s game. Fair enough and interesting that we can see things so differently. I thought he was ineffectual in the ruck and around the ground and appears to have gone backwards significantly in his ruck work. IMO a big mistake not to select Sweet when Martin missed.
Last night English had a hit out to advantage rate of 44.8%. Of the top 25 ranked rucks in the league this season, Nic Nat is the clear leader in this stat at 39.9%.
I think he was pretty good in the ruck last night, while also thinking his role as number 1 ruck meant the team was worse off overall.

So it was probably bruised ribs. They still suck and are debilitating in the moment because you're struggling to breathe but he'll be right.

Even if we do lose to WCE, 10-4 is hardly panic stations with a good run home. Plenty of Premiership teams have a poor month of results at some point in the season
In the context that we were 9 - 1 to be 10 - 4 isn't great.

And all the teams we have lost to are challengers which puts a question mark on us nearly to the extent of Port

Even bruised ribs are sh!t. He isn’t playing next weekend if they are bruised

No way is he sitting on a plane tomorrow for 4 hours

Nine day break should be enough. So if he’s on the plane my bet is he plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry if already covered and saw it mentioned last night but Rohan marks with 26 seconds on the clock and it’s clearly > 4 seconds post siren that he starts his approach. I think he probably kicks the goal anyway so doesn’t change much in this instance but the extra time to compose would be valuable for many.

What’s the actual rule here though? Would seem sensible for the 30 second rule to not apply post siren given there’s no clock left to run down.

In the context that we were 9 - 1 to be 10 - 4 isn't great.

And all the teams we have lost to are challengers which puts a question mark on us nearly to the extent of Port
Let's just pack up shop then. Last one out can switch the lights off. See y'all in 2022. 🙄

There was a bit of Round 19 2016 about that game tonight, and we all know how that movie ended.
MY Magpies r out of contention for Finals, we are on a youth policy now, 8 debutants so far this season, way to go for the future. So, id like to see the Doggies take out the flag, ive had a gutful of bloody Tigers, my Pies beat the Deeeees, - overrated that mob- Cats are ageing, last gasp this season, Lions are pretty good though. Could well be a Doggies v Brisvegas GF, i reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back