Autopsy Autopsy vs Brisbane - Rd14, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow.

cannot believe how blind everyone is. Do you really think Brisbane put in 100% tonight. They did what they needed to get over the line.

Playing at Tas on a slow deck allows us to drag other teams down to our level. Just like last week against GWS and against Melbourne.

On any other faster track we would have been smashed.

I still don’t see where the pace and ball movement comes from nor how we produce a forward line that can kick a winning score.

Way too many plodders.

Really pleased with Jy's game in particular. Not sure if the stats reflect it but it feels like he has become much more dangerous with his disposals recently.

Happy with Zurharr continuing his selfless hard leading style. Not as much came off for him today, but the effort and smarts were there.

LDU had a really good first half but mostly disappeared after that. Tagged? Needs help getting over his yips too.

Not sure how Cameron ended up with 5 scoring shots, I thought Turner did really well in the contests against him tbh.

Tarryn once again got his 20 and 2, though unfortunately the 2 were behinds this week. Loved the couple of flashes of aggression on the field.

Overall I thought we more than matched them in the first half and if not for some dumb plays we would have been comfortably in front. Second half wasn't pretty but conditions changed and we were against a top 4 team so it's not really that surprising. Certainly didn't shame ourselves, although hopefully Stephenson feels a flash of it after that aerial noneffort of his. Hate to see it.

Umpires can gagf, again. I wouldn't say they won it for Brisbane but it gets frustrating to see a run of two or three infringements by one team let go, and then to have one picked out of the hat for the other. The 50 against cunners for pushing someone in the back while they were on the ground really pissed me off considering I saw far worse done at other moments. A shout out to the free for holding paid against Turner while running back to goals. Pure guesswork.

Taylor showed great intent too. If he continues that effort both he and mahoney will get it to click just like Zurhaar and Larkey did.

Yes, I left him out. Excellent team oriented game from Curtis.

Ultimately, the kids dropped away, and seeing as we didn't come close to capitalising our early ascendancy, we just couldn't hold them as the Lions mature mids started to lift.

Loved the intent and effort from some of the younger brigade today. Curtis Taylor and Bailey Scott went harder at it than I can recall having seen from them previously.

The structure and style that Noble is trying to instill is evident and once we upgrade a few positions on the field (small/crumbing forward, another tall forward, another genuine winger) I think it's a game-plan that can set us up for a lot of success.

Unfortunately Xerri hasn't really made the most of his opportunity since getting the call up from VFL, and I don't know how much longer he stays in the side based on this form. Tommy Campbell wasn't burning the house down either, but he was at least serviceable. Xerri has gone missing for huge stretches of the game. Possibly fair to say Noble knew what he was doing by not calling him up sooner.

i'd agree with you if we were on the cusp of the 8, but when you're already the bottom side you might as well just play the players you want long term regardless of their condition, and let them find form in the seniors

Playing experienced, hardened and mature players around the youth makes a huge difference in their development.

You can’t just let these young players go out there without some support. They look and play better if they know a cunners is there, a Tarrant etc

This is Nobles first year

Another small step forward. The large losses may be behind us allready. Earlier this year, we would have lost this by 10 goals plus. McDonald back in is great. Ziebell absorbs and relieves so much pressure back there. He pumps the ball 80m forward everytime he gets it. Zurrhar was great across half forward. Larkey was solid. Thomas great. Bailey Scott and Curtis Taylor have improved.

Umpires can gagf, again. I wouldn't say they won it for Brisbane but it gets frustrating to see a run of two or three infringements by one team let go, and then to have one picked out of the hat for the other. The 50 against cunners for pushing someone in the back while they were on the ground really pissed me off considering I saw far worse done at other moments. A shout out to the free for holding paid against Turner while running back to goals. Pure guesswork.

IDGAF what anyone says, they significantly impact football matches. They negate and create momentum all the ****ing time.

Kept Brisbane in the game for 80 minutes and then they got the ascendency & kicked away.

Very positive signs, particularly in the first half when we were able to hit targets, find space and move the ball with some purpose. Don't think the rain helped in the second half.

When the heat went up in the second half we had more issues, particularly with the lighter players, just couldn't stick the tackles, win the contested possession, they just won the territory game and we started to turnover the ball in vulnerable positions. Umpiring was disgraceful imo, last thing we needed was for the umps to give them some really dodgy scoring opportunities when the contest was tight, it is 18th vs 4th, they don't need any help.

Loving the way Thomas has evolved this year, a really dangerous goal scoring midfielder. We need to get more offensively out of players like LDU, Simpkin, etc.

Given where we were at the start of the year, big improvement overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane did as much as they needed to do to to get over the line - no more.

Playing on a slow deck in Tasmania helps us drag them down to our level.

Had this game been played at Docklands Brisbane would have won by 15 goals.

We still haven’t addressed our issues with pace and run, we still have a list full of mid paced plodders.

Headlined by Mahoney.

So, you’re definitely a glass half empty man…🤣

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow.

cannot believe how blind everyone is. Do you really think Brisbane put in 100% tonight. They did what they needed to get over the line.

Playing at Tas on a slow deck allows us to drag other teams down to our level. Just like last week against GWS and against Melbourne.

On any other faster track we would have been smashed.

I still don’t see where the pace and ball movement comes from nor how we produce a forward line that can kick a winning score.

Way too many plodders.
I think you underestimate how good a midfield they have built and how well they were held for most of the game. No doubt they complely outclass us ATM but we are definitely building.

Brisbane did as much as they needed to do to to get over the line - no more.

Playing on a slow deck in Tasmania helps us drag them down to our level.

Had this game been played at Docklands Brisbane would have won by 15 goals.

We still haven’t addressed our issues with pace and run, we still have a list full of mid paced plodders.

Headlined by Mahoney.
Pretty much.

We are 18th for a reason and the reason is not that we are playing an inexperienced side.

Like a typical shite side we can compete for a few qtr's as better sides take it easy against us but at the end of the day we aren't good enough or fit enough t0 get near them.

We should be able to knock off GC next week then its pretty much done for the year.

Between your views of Larkey, Xerri & now Mahony I'm starting to wonder if you even watch this team play at all

Jack was a bit quieter tonight, but there's a grand total of 0 blokes in the VFL this week that can take his spot.

Probably Jy's best inside/outside game to date.

I wouldn't be too harsh on anyone as it looked to me that Noble clearly experimented with the midfield mix after half time.

A couple who might not get too many mentions.

Bailey Scott curbed the dangerous Rich.
Larkey put Andrews in the bath, but didn't apply the sponge
Turner just so stiff on Cameron, Held him convincingly until the mids dropped off.
LDU's 1st half. They played him forward for a lot of the 2nd half. I reckon he's being managed.
Tarryn again. Seriously dangerous player.

No real gripes from me.
Yeah agree on that.

I thought Noble out-coached Fagan in the first half, as we restricted their kick/mark possession game well.

Clearly we dropped away as the game wore on and we are desperately needing another KPF who can take a pack mark. Our run and willingness to move the ball decisively forward of centre is clearly being impacted by our lack of fitness and that second big target.

A lot hinging on Comben ( no pressure, hahaha).

IDGAF what anyone says, they significantly impact football matches. They negate and create momentum all the ****ing time.

Kept Brisbane in the game for 80 minutes and then they got the ascendency & kicked away.
Their absolute howlers took any pressure we could apply to Brisbane out of the equation.

The best one was when LMac was denied advantage and the umpire said I didn’t know if you were out or not? Well it’s not his call, that’s the boundary umpires job and if there is no call he can’t decide not to pay advantage of a player takes it.

Let’s be honest the Daniher and Cameron goals are a disgrace and I am sick of us being on the end of these terrible calls, especially when we don’t seem to get anything going our way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back