Oppo Camp Round 14 - Non Collingwood Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays
Round 14 sees Collingwood have the week off and only 5 games being played.

Geelong v Western Bulldogs

Friday Night Football takes place down the highway and sees 2nd take on 3rd. Geelong are the form team of the comp for me and should be premiership favourites. These two teams have played some classics over the years, are we in for another thriller tonight?

Gold Coast v Port Adelaide

Not a lot of note in this game for me, the point of interest is that if Port Adelaide can win by 6 points + we’ll more than likely jump Gold Coast on the ladder.

North Melbourne v Brisbane Lions

North’s last quarter last week really let them down could’ve and probably should’ve beaten GWS. Does playing in Hobart the week before work in their favour? Can they cause an upset? I think so.

GWS v Carlton

Along with Gold Coast v Port Adelaide this game can directly influence our ladder position come the end of the round. If GWS win by roughly 31 points + then we’ll jump above Carlton on the ladder. How good would that be? We don’t even play this week and we could potentially go above them on the ladder. Carlton have been a little disappointing this yes while GWS have been about where I expected them to be.

Hawthorn v Essendon

Sunday Afternoon Football down in Launceston will see Essendon try and keep their slim top eight hopes alive. They’ve never played at the venue for premiership points before how much will that play a part in the game? Whilst a win will keep Hawthorn in 17th it will bring them level on points with us and if results go their way then equal Gold Coast and Carlton as well.

So summing it up if Port Adelaide and GWS can win by the required margin then we’ll finish the round in 14th, two positions above where we current sit. Not bad for a round where we don’t play a game.

Last edited:
Round 14 sees Collingwood have the week off and only 5 games being played.

Geelong v Western Bulldogs

Friday Night Football takes place down the highway and sees 2nd take on 3rd. Geelong are the form team of the comp for me and should be premiership favourites. These two teams have played some classics over the years, are we in for another thriller tonight?

Gold Coast v Port Adelaide

Not a lot of note in this game for me, the point of interest is that if Port Adelaide can win by 6 points + we’ll more than likely jump them on the ladder.

North Melbourne v Brisbane Lions

North’s last quarter last week really let them down could’ve and probably should’ve beaten GWS. Does playing in Hobart the week before work in their favour? Can they cause an upset? I think so.

GWS v Carlton

Along with Gold Coast v Port Adelaide this game can directly influence our ladder position come the end of the round. If GWS win by roughly 31 points + then we’ll jump above Carlton on the ladder. How good would that be? We don’t even play this week and we could potentially go above them on the ladder. Carlton have been a little disappointing this yes while GWS have been about where I expected them to be.

Hawthorn v Essendon

Sunday Afternoon Football down in Launceston will see Essendon try and keep their slim top eight hopes alive. They’ve never played at the venue for premiership points before how much will that play a part in the game? Whilst a win will keep Hawthorn in 17th it will bring them level on points with us and if results go their way then equal Gold Coast and Carlton as well.

So summing it up if Port Adelaide and GWS can win by the required margin then we’ll finish the round in 14th, two positions above where we current sit. Not bad for a round where we don’t play a game.

Tonite should be a great game.
Great preview MooreTreloar

High scoring affair from two offensive juggernauts.

Watch this post age poorly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rankine and Lukosious probably haven’t developed as well as expected. SANFL maybe very overrated when it comes to comparing junior talent with U/18 comp here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back