Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa, SF 49ers
Ryan was fu**en hopeless. Gave away a free kick every fu**en contest
Serious??? Must have been watching a different game.
Yep gave away a few frees but his ruckwork was very good imo. If he had the tank to play there all day, we would have won comfortably.
Needs to just hold his marks too, but that’ll come when his strength builds.
I was impressed with him myself

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Yep gave away a few frees but his ruckwork was very good imo. If he had the tank to play there all day, we would have won comfortably.
Ryan: Quite a good effort against a tough opposition. I thought he moved well when the ball hit the deck. Given that he's been parked at FF most of the year, he had to draw on previous rucking experience.

Moppey

Team Captain
Oct 24, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Dont let stats lie, naish had a terrible game. Turned it over so many times
Absolutely spot on his disposal especially first half was atrocious what the hell do we see in him so outside and all that that implies.
On another site people almost to a man were scathing of him. Some even suggested we only keep him so we can f/s his brother which is nonsense of course.

Still cannot understand why RCD is not getting games either. while he did have a few quite patches i though he was very good.To my thinking he is at a stage where he needs to develop in the one's.

People also need to remember Parker has been playing WAFL so its not as if he has had a prolonged break. How much more did he offer than Rioli and how much better than Castagna as well.
Would not hesitate to play Parker and Stack in place of those two.

May 23, 2010
Leafy Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Richmond
If he can show that he can kick some goals he permanently replaces George.
What I saw from MRJ put him ahead of Dan for his position as well. He's a lot more Cyril than Daniel. Forward pressure is off the chart.

No. MRJ unsighted first 3 qtrs. Dan was everywhere, bringing others into the game, running his ass off.

Jammo1111

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
No. MRJ unsighted first 3 qtrs. Dan was everywhere, bringing others into the game, running his ass off.
I thought both Rioli boys were only fair. Daniel hasn’t played a good game since he did his ankle in 2109. Maurice a long way off. Stack was the only pretender who was in the mix for the ones. RCD too many big blues. Pickett obviously a class above. Miller not a chance.

smurfin

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
Central Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I agree with what most are saying on here.
Stack looked like he's not far off getting a run in the main team. I'd play him down back and move Baker up the ground.
I liked Mansell's game but don't see how he fits in the firsts at the moment, especially if Stack gets called up.
Parker was probably our best. 10 tackles and just had a presence where you noticed him. Gave away a few frees but I don't mind a bit of aggression.
RCD had a good game.
Ryan, Dow & MRJ all showed signs that they should be really good players for us.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah I was really impressed with Ryan. Took some hits in marking and ruck contests but kept getting up and competing.
First game this year where he’s done that amount of ruck work.
Will be a very good player with a couple of big preseasons in the gym

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

Well i am looking forward to seeing Dans last 3 quarters of this game - i am just watching it now as its on the 7 App & his first quarter was putrid. missed two 1on1's that he was in the prime position to win, fumbled an easy gather that then went out of bounds - the couple of touches he got didn't do or lead to much at all - for a bloke who has played is 24 and played 6 years in the AFL, including multiple finals & grand finals, he completely underwhelmed me for a bloke who is meant to be playing a full level. below his standard. Pickett on the other hand looked like a guy who is far above this level, while RCD also did some classy things. I assume though that Dan must get a lot better after quarter time....

May 23, 2010
Leafy Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Richmond
Well i am looking forward to seeing Dans last 3 quarters of this game - i am just watching it now as its on the 7 App & his first quarter was putrid. missed two 1on1's that he was in the prime position to win, fumbled an easy gather that then went out of bounds - the couple of touches he got didn't do or lead to much at all - for a bloke who has played is 24 and played 6 years in the AFL, including multiple finals & grand finals, he completely underwhelmed me for a bloke who is meant to be playing a full level. below his standard. Pickett on the other hand looked like a guy who is far above this level, while RCD also did some classy things. I assume though that Dan must get a lot better after quarter time....

A bit chippy mate?
Passive aggressive?

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Thought RCD was a standout today great inside contested ball game against a very physical team. Took a heavy knock in the first but just kept winning clearances.
Parker excellent first game. Dimma will love him, he has speed and athleticism to go with a hard as nails attack on the ball. Get him in asap.

Stack just about there, doing his best work in the 2nd half was back to something like his bouncy best.

Marlion classy albeit a bit in and out of the game.

Love the look if Ryan is super competitive to go with his class. Was a nearly day for him, got to so many contests and first hands to a lot of marking contests but they didn’t quite stick.Dominated ruck contests.

Naish very good today too, his kicking stood out. Was excellent when moved to the wing. Yeah he’s outside but is staying in more contests. Still not sure he’s got what it takes but can’t fault him on today’s performance.

Last edited:

The Mighty

Club Legend
May 20, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah I agree that's his biggest issue.

I think Miller is generally pretty good at not letting his opponent mark the ball, just doesn't seem to have that natural intercept ability that good key defenders at AFL level have.

Miller can be the Gorilla Killa ie the Dave replacement.

Balta for the Intercept Key Tall.

living_in_syd

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2009
sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
He went long down the line every time. Rarely ever tries to actually pin point a pass to anyone. Whether that's a direction or he's just not confident hitting targets I don't know. All reports are he's one of the best kicks at the club so it's slightly confusing.

i watched the whole game. He didnt go down the line all the time, he tried a few kicks which either mogreled on the ground or turned it over. Just generally burns the footy whenever he gets but apparently a great kick?

Tigerish09

Club Legend
Jan 22, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond reserves
Just got home after attending this game (sort of). There were gaps in the fencing and the fencing was quite low so one could easily climb over. There must have been around 8 to 12 security guards patrolling the ground and requesting people to leave if they entered illegally. Still there were people who were in the ground who didn't look like they were affiliated staff. Anyway it was a fast paced game that we seemed to dominate. We had many more inside 50s but the forward line didn't function well and the default bomb into the forward line was frequently neutralised. RCD, Pickett, Garth stood out and Ryan showed glimpses, Naish got a bit of the ball. Hardly noticed Ralph-Smith and yet to see Miller play a decent game. There were some undisciplined acts by Parker, Pickett, Egg-Smith and Stack. Parker and Pickett in particular were the main offenders off the ball but I think some of these incidents went unnoticed by the umpires. The umpiring wasn't great but we don't do ourselves any favours by some of our undisciplined players.

Also have to say some of the Willy supporters are pretty obnoxious, did get some joy when they celebrated the last kick as the winning kick only to realise it was still a draw, they claimed that the umpires were against them!

nah seagulls are little pricks

magpies are mad campaigners

the animals at least. the actual team have been pissweak for 60 odd years
Dont mind both avians.
But footy wise the Magpies can get ****ed. Minnows.

Back