Rumour Caro on tim watson skeletons in his closet?

beachroo

Draftee
Jul 5, 2011
Bush
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Caro said on 5aa tim watson should be careful as he doesn't like her and has skeletons in his closet any thoughts

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I know Caro was super critical of Tim Watson sticking up for those involved in the Essendon supplements scandal and at one point she accused him of caring more for the club more than his own son (Jobe) during that period.

Apparently Tim was really (and understandably) annoyed by this accusation and there may have been words/confrontation between the pair. There is clearly some history there… but skeletons in the closet may refer to something deeper?

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
yeah, eyebrows were raised when he awarded father of the year in 93 due to his known indiscretions
WTF??

Aee you suggesting that people actually gave even the remotest skerrick of s**t about the Father of the Year award??

Father of the Year?? Hahaha. WTF is that s**t anyway??

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
Caro said on 5aa tim watson should be careful as he doesn't like her and has skeletons in his closet any thoughts

There was a song a few years ago that got played on Triple J heaps by someone named Stella Donnely. I always thought the lyrics in that song were directed at Tim Watson, someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Here are some of the lyrics:
He's reading sport on the news
White man, white teeth in a suit, he's got that style
And then alone in his house
He wants to take baby out, "Give us a smile"
Boy, if you touch her again
I'll tell your wife and your kids about that time
'Cause this is not '93
You lost your spot on the team, you're out of line

Later:
Your personality traits don't count
If you put your dick in someone's face
And no, it's never too late
We sat there silently while you kept your job
And your place and your six-figure wage

billyboutsis

All Australian
Sep 23, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton
WTF??

Aee you suggesting that people actually gave even the remotest skerrick of sh*t about the Father of the Year award??

Father of the Year?? Hahaha. WTF is that sh*t anyway??

yeah pretty necked aye

It was actually was big “news” at the time given the querkiness/novelty of it.

It was a badly kept industry secret that he was a big pumper and there were rumours of other hi jinx that he may have got up to at home, ones which are not in line with what you would deem qualities befitting a Father of The Year.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
During the saga she said (can’t remember the quote) that Tim basically doesn’t care about his son.

He admitted on SEN a few days later that he lost it and called her and “spoke to her like I’ve probably never spoken to any person before - certainly any woman.”

Hashtag no love lost.

Knowing Caro she probably recorded the call and has it, that’s the skeleton.

Just another case of two media personalities trying to make the story about them

It is ONE of the main big problems with media/broadcasting

Some one needs to pull these campaigners aside and tell them 'you are NOT the story', the game/sport you are reporting/commentating on is the story. Seriously it's like school yard kids

GWT6

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2011
Western Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
I know Caro was super critical of Tim Watson sticking up for those involved in the Essendon supplements scandal and at one point she accused him of caring more for the club more than his own son (Jobe) during that period.

Apparently Tim was really (and understandably) annoyed by this accusation and there may have been words/confrontation between the pair. There is clearly some history there… but skeletons in the closet may refer to something deeper?
She wasn't wrong.

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
It is ONE of the main big problems with media/broadcasting

The other is having these 'psuedo-journalists' who are essentially mouthpieces for their old clubs ala timmy the f-wit during the essendon team sanctioned and run doping scandal.

how disgraced drug cheat and incoherent son jobe got a gig as special comments guy on friday night football needs a royal commission.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The other is having these 'psuedo-journalists' who are essentially mouthpieces for their old clubs ala timmy the f-wit during the essendon team sanctioned and run doping scandal.

how disgraced drug cheat and incoherent son jobe got a gig as special comments guy on friday night football needs a royal commission.
Conflict of interest does not exist in the AFL landscape. Not with the commission making decisions that benefit their own pockets, not with Club employees getting influential roles at AFLHQ, not with ex-players getting umpiring roles, or umpires who clearly have favourite teams in their personal life, and then umpiring those clubs, not for journalists covering the sport, and not for commentators or broadcasters who are on prime time broadcasts to millions. Conflict of interest is simply a non issue. For some unfathomable reason.

Back