Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Apr 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Six decades of domination
From what he showed in the first four games of the season, it's really strange we have not seen him back in the team the past ten games.

Not sure what's going on to be honest.

Got a lot of skills but some really poor defensive efforts in his last couple of games probably has cost him.

Got a lot of skills but some really poor defensive efforts in his last couple of games probably has cost him.
They’ve literally outlined this in the commentary from his games at Box Hill.

Lapses in concentration and consistency of effort, the things he needs to get sorted and we’ll see him.

Clearly we think he’s doing those things more often if we’ve promoted him to the Gameday emergency.

Jazzfan

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They’ve literally outlined this in the commentary from his games at Box Hill.

Lapses in concentration and consistency of effort, the things he needs to get sorted and we’ll see him.

Clearly we think he’s doing those things more often if we’ve promoted him to the Gameday emergency.

What is this based off, training?

I don't think he has played a game, or scrimmage, in almost a month right?

What is this based off, training?

I don't think he has played a game, or scrimmage, in almost a month right?
He made a pinky swear.

Oct 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
E8DF32A4-CF90-4E3F-A035-74DD4039743C.jpeg

With the comment from Adduci I dare say brockman has gone back to Perth.

Sep 22, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
HAWTHORN
Any update on how he played on the weekend?
Didn’t do much really in the grand scheme of things. One of the Aspley blokes got into him early on and really put him off his game. Was a bit distracted and gave away an undisciplined free or two.

One thing I noticed was that Brooksby was very good with him and tried to calm him down. He also made a big effort to get around him when he did the slightest thing constructive.

How easy he was put off his game is a slight worry though I reckon.

Dec 17, 2008
Sir Kenneth Luke Stand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The Mayblooms
Didn’t do much really in the grand scheme of things. One of the Aspley blokes got into him early on and really put him off his game. Was a bit distracted and gave away an undisciplined free or two.

One thing I noticed was that Brooksby was very good with him and tried to calm him down. He also made a big effort to get around him when he did the slightest thing constructive.

How easy he was put off his game is a slight worry though I reckon.
Thanks for the insight. Rings true with what Sam Mitchell said about Brooksby in that sometimes he may be a little too selfless! Great quality to have, regardless of his ability or playing future. Team player.

Can brooksby win best clubman playing for box hill? Not a single bad word said about him
He’s a bit of a journeyman, would have a lot of insights and if you listen to his wife talk about him and his single game he got last year, he knows that he’s blessed to do what he does.

Back