Play Nice 2021 NBA Playoffs Thread - Conference Semi Finals. Nets v Bucks, 76ers v Hawks, Jazz v Clippers, Suns v Nuggets

djboonie

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Harris missing easy lay ups, Embiid's turnovers, Embiid's injuries and slow movements, Early Fouls, Ben's lack of aggression.

It's not all Ben's fault, just his is the most glaring. Not only has his FT issues impacted him, but he's been trained to pass that he's lost the confidence to take on the game for himself. He gives so many good looks to his shooters...

Helping keep Trae Young to 1 from 14 shots in the first half, and so many 3pt assists gets swept under the carpet.

Interesting reading the first post in here

"Plays almost too unselfish at times. Not a prolific scorer, yet. Should look to become more aggressive at creating shots for himself .."

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
If that's the way he ends his time in Philly. Far out man.
Absolutely staggered he has never improved offensively and the coaches haven’t been able to help with this.

His rookie season was phenomenal.

He was never a great shooter in juniors but far out to get to the point where a 15 foot jumper is a complete no go. Crazy.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Bill Simmons has been talking about The Celtics trading Smart and Thompson for Ben on his latest podcast.

I would prefer to keep Smart tbh
After that performance no way would I want Ben at the Celtics.

Serenity_Now

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Harris missing easy lay ups, Embiid's turnovers, Embiid's injuries and slow movements, Early Fouls, Ben's lack of aggression.

It's not all Ben's fault, just his is the most glaring. Not only has his FT issues impacted him, but he's been trained to pass that he's lost the confidence to take on the game for himself. He gives so many good looks to his shooters...

Helping keep Trae Young to 1 from 14 shots in the first half, and so many 3pt assists gets swept under the carpet.

Interesting reading the first post in here

"Plays almost too unselfish at times. Not a prolific scorer, yet. Should look to become more aggressive at creating shots for himself .."
Agree it’s not all his fault, but most of it is on him. If he could make FT’s at an average rate the series wouldn’t have gone past 5 games. The want of not having to take FT’s then completely made him a non existent factor on the offensive side of the ball for the last few games.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
To be fair to Sixers fans (who are bad, but not on Knicks or Lakers levels of being insufferable, entitled dickbags) they have every right to throw shade at Simmons..

This was their best chance since Prime Iverson to make it to the finals and serious contend for a chip, given how the cards have fallen in these playoffs and Ben has played like a bum pretty much for most of this series.

Honestly believe that series against Toronto was their best chance. We all know the crying Embiid meme from that
Cannot blame them for venting really. They are a proud and passionate sporting city.

As much as I don't like their fans, having Philly back in the finals would have been amazing from a atmosphere POV

Who knows if they will ever get an opportunity like this again? Especially as they will trade Simmons and likely only get a 15 cent return on the dollar.
Embiid has a torn meniscus. Where’s the hate on him being an injured liability. This wasn’t their best chance. People are forgetting Embiid is probably going to put for 3-6 months as soon as he does his surgery.

What about Tobias Harris, for all he promises and fails to deliver? Simmons did keep Young to 5-23.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
As much as Embiid is correct I still don't like people throwing their team mates under the bus. It is a team sport after all.
I would agree 99% of the time, this is the 1%

I would hate to have team mates cursing out team mates for being bad, i have no issue with it for lack of effort.

Ben has not tried to improve and his lack of effort has cost Embiid. He has been more than patient with Simmons but at some point i don't blame him for turning around and saying look a max contract player can't ******* dunk a basketball.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Bill Simmons has been talking about The Celtics trading Smart and Thompson for Ben on his latest podcast.

No way, Simmons is a better defender and wouldn't need to do much offensively at the C's

Let Brown and Tatum run the offense and only look to Ben in transition and let Ben defend the best 1-4 on the other team.

You also now no longer have Smart over playing his hand thinking he is better than he is.

Bit harsh on Embiid, busted his arse trying to make up for poor teammates. Simmons hiding in the court, Harris missing easy lay ups, Maxey a non factor …and all with a torn meniscus. He needed more bench time with that knee but there was no one else.

Ben not even to bother on transition because he was scared to be fouled and FT line. I think Philly fans have been patient but gees not to show any improvement on shooting in 5 years is on Simmons

Simmons did keep Young to 5-23.

Watching the NBA Mini pretty sure Thubulle was his main opponent. At least he was in the 4th.

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls

Bill is an A grade fool

Watching the NBA Mini pretty sure Thubulle was his main opponent. At least he was in the 4th.
Philly fans won’t want to watch the NBA Maxey

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I would agree 99% of the time, this is the 1%

I would hate to have team mates cursing out team mates for being bad, i have no issue with it for lack of effort.

Ben has not tried to improve and his lack of effort has cost Embiid. He has been more than patient with Simmons but at some point i don't blame him for turning around and saying look a max contract player can't ******* dunk a basketball.

Harris should still have made that shot. Like the 5th(?) he missed from literally next to the ring.

Harris is a max player too with his own 200 million odd dollar contract... And a veteran unlike Ben.

Embiid is a sook. I have injuries and my team is rubbish.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

In this game and then series young generally went bonkers when anyone was marking him outside of Simmons.

Similar to kawhi v sixers.

Currys.effort.v heurter was pretty bad too...

Thubulle shooting is shocking too

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Harris should still have made that shot. Like the 5th(?) he missed from literally next to the ring.

Harris is a max player too with his own 200 million odd dollar contract... And a veteran unlike Ben.

Embiid is a sook. I have injuries and my team is rubbish.
It was Thybulle that he passed it to on the shot

Embiid has defended Ben for 4 years while being scared to shoot and over the past 18 scared to even drive to the pain. Still defended him, he has never demanded out or blamed others. Always owned up to his own short comings. This year he did everything he could to give this team a chance, the team let him down. He is allowed to be frustrated.

Harris also does have a lot to answer for, but at least his was a lack of talent not a lack of effort.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
It was Thybulle that he passed it to on the shot

Embiid has defended Ben for 4 years while being scared to shoot and over the past 18 scared to even drive to the pain. Still defended him, he has never demanded out or blamed others. Always owned up to his own short comings. This year he did everything he could to give this team a chance, the team let him down. He is allowed to be frustrated.

Harris also does have a lot to answer for, but at least his was a lack of talent not a lack of effort.

Idk Ben still had a good plus minus had assists rebounds and generally was giving the best oppo player somewhat quiet.

Needs to improve but more than just his fault. Shouldn't be losing semi final game7 to 22 year old Kevin huerter.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Idk Ben still had a good plus minus had assists rebounds and generally was giving the best oppo player somewhat quiet.

Needs to improve but more than just his fault. Shouldn't be losing semi final game7 to 22 year old Kevin huerter.
I mean assists in basketball can be a very empty stat, his playmaking throughout this series was minimal.

Rebounding was decent i supposed but at 6'10 it is kinda just what is expected.

He offers 0 spacing, isn't aggressive enough driving anymore, passes up lay ups/dunks to avoid getting fouled.

His stats are not good but he is still worse than what they show. He is clearly not the only problem but he is far and away the biggest.

Back