Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to be very careful mocking Carlton when we could be on the same trajectory.
I don't think so.

We last made a prelim in 2015, minor premiers that year. Yes, it's been six years. They last played finals in 2013 and didn't even earn that one since Essendon was relegated to 9th.

Since we last made finals one of the two sides has won +27% more games than the other.... and it's not Carlton winning more.

If we expand it to measure even to even, they last made a prelim in 2000 I believe. Then unrelated entirely they are punished for cheating the salary cap..

Then if we think of the always awesome Essendon, do you know when they last won a final? 2004. I think there are only two current AFL players who are around from that time and we have one of them.

We aren't in a comparable position at all.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lobb hasn't been value but if we avoided the Hogan trade then nobody would probably be that concerned with our trading. Reckon we have roughly the same hit rate with trading picks as we do drafting with them.

The problem is Hogan busted a pick 6 within 2 years which is way quicker than normal.

Even with it, we still aren't near Carlton (unless we do something stupid this off-season).

They are still cheating the cap too, visy helping with paying Saad overs :moustache:
Jokes on them, he's been ordinary so far. Certainly not worth whatever Carlton is paying him.

We have to be very careful mocking Carlton when we could be on the same trajectory.
Not as bad obviously, but still not good enough.
Both clubs have spent big on trades, numerous drafts and yet both clubs have huge holes on the field.
Forget about first round picks, its the next rounds that prove if your recruiting dept is any good.
That and development is what creates a winning culture.
Eh, I mock us plenty and any Carlton supporter that thinks they trade well needs a reality check. Besides, we don’t overpay for soft players, we overpay perennially injured or poorly disciplined players. Big difference 😀

Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton_East Freo_Atalanta_Tranmere
I don't think so.

We last made a prelim in 2015, minor premiers that year. Yes, it's been six years. They last played finals in 2013 and didn't even earn that one since Essendon was relegated to 9th.

Since we last made finals one of the two sides has won +27% more games than the other.... and it's not Carlton winning more.

If we expand it to measure even to even, they last made a prelim in 2000 I believe. Then unrelated entirely they are punished for cheating the salary cap..

Then if we think of the always awesome Essendon, do you know when they last won a final? 2004. I think there are only two current AFL players who are around from that time and we have one of them.

Stop ruining our delusion with facts and statistics! ;)

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 11.20.30.png

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 11.20.16.png

🤔

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
He "sparkled" sparked something up at training!

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't think so.

So how far do you want to go back? We also got done for exceeding the salary cap.
So they are just ahead in their rebuild going by last played finals.
Both clubs haven’t done anything. Like I said we are slightly better. Doesn’t make great reading, being less s**t than Carlton 😳

So how far do you want to go back? We also got done for exceeding the salary cap.
So they are just ahead in their rebuild going by last played finals.
Both clubs haven’t done anything. Like I said we are slightly better. Doesn’t make great reading, being less sh*t than Carlton 😳
Eh, if you can’t laugh at Carlton, who can you laugh at. It’s footy, it’s a bit of fun at the end of the day. Us being s**t doesn’t mean you can’t laugh at other s**t teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back