Play Nice 2021 NBA Playoffs Thread - Conference Semi Finals. Nets v Bucks, 76ers v Hawks, Jazz v Clippers, Suns v Nuggets

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean assists in basketball can be a very empty stat, his playmaking throughout this series was minimal.

Rebounding was decent i supposed but at 6'10 it is kinda just what is expected.

He offers 0 spacing, isn't aggressive enough driving anymore, passes up lay ups/dunks to avoid getting fouled.

His stats are not good but he is still worse than what they show. He is clearly not the only problem but he is far and away the biggest.

I didn't know they are empty. How so?

Sixers shot 40% from 3 with Ben playing. Under 30% Ben off court.

No.1 in NBA 3 point assist too.

He isn't in form but he might turn it around. Sixers are not a great fit for him with not much shooting and embiid hogging it.

Many of big scoring games been without embiid I think ..

Remember Danny green saying preseason if they fail it ain't my fault..

I mean assists in basketball can be a very empty stat, his playmaking throughout this series was minimal.

He offers 0 spacing, isn't aggressive enough driving anymore, passes up lay ups/dunks to avoid getting fouled.

His stats are not good but he is still worse than what they show. He is clearly not the only problem but he is far and away the biggest.
Disagree

We'll look at Harris' numbers and go "he did ok" But Harris/Hill, the Sixers bench, The piss poor coaching of half-court offense by Doc are much bigger problems then Ben. Ben needs to shoot 60% to stay on the court, wont disagree, but we saw with Brett Brown Simmons often cut, had a huge amount of work off the ball which is nothing at the moment

George Hill is ******* s**t-house as well and hes your 13th best player in a finals team, not 6th. Atlanta had too many targets to attack, Curry, Hill, Harris on offense. These are far bigger problems then Simmons scoring.

Disagree

We'll look at Harris' numbers and go "he did ok" But Harris/Hill, the Sixers bench, The piss poor coaching of half-court offense by Doc are much bigger problems then Ben. Ben needs to shoot 60% to stay on the court, wont disagree, but we saw with Brett Brown Simmons often cut, had a huge amount of work off the ball which is nothing at the moment

George Hill is ******* sh*t-house as well and hes your 13th best player in a finals team, not 6th

Not doing the lowry trade looking almost as bad as passing on harden.

Curry +59

Embiid +51

Simmons +29

D.Green +19

Korkmaz +10

Harris +8

Milton +6

Maxey -6

Hill -17

Howard -23

Thybulle -34

Fully on the Suns bandwagon. What a complete, well-organised team. Very Spurs-like.

Seeing a team all play for eachother and doing their role is more interesting and fun than another superteam romp.

Fully on the Suns bandwagon. What a complete, well-organised team. Very Spurs-like.

Seeing a team all play for eachother and doing their role is more interesting and fun than another superteam romp.

Agreed. Have we had an NBA champion in the last decade that wasn't a super team (excluding the Spurs)?

For me, the last was the 2010-11 Mavs and there's quite some similarities there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather have Thybulle than Simmons going to the Olympics for Australia, Ben is in the gutter until he stops being a wuss and bully his way to the paint and drive with aggression or work on his god damn shooting. Feel embarrassed that he'll represent Australia.

Agree it’s not all his fault, but most of it is on him. If he could make FT’s at an average rate the series wouldn’t have gone past 5 games. The want of not having to take FT’s then completely made him a non existent factor on the offensive side of the ball for the last few games.

Whilst his FT's were pathetic I hardly think that was the sole reason we blew a 26 point lead in one game. Perhaps the team not come out half asleep after half time and they wouldn't have blown that game.

Harris missing easy lay ups, Embiid's turnovers, Embiid's injuries and slow movements, Early Fouls, Ben's lack of aggression.

It's not all Ben's fault, just his is the most glaring. Not only has his FT issues impacted him, but he's been trained to pass that he's lost the confidence to take on the game for himself. He gives so many good looks to his shooters...

Helping keep Trae Young to 1 from 14 shots in the first half, and so many 3pt assists gets swept under the carpet.

Interesting reading the first post in here

"Plays almost too unselfish at times. Not a prolific scorer, yet. Should look to become more aggressive at creating shots for himself .."
id be unselfish too if my jumpshot was worse than a 15 year olds. There are literally millions of people on the planet that shoot better than Simmons.

Agreed. Have we had an NBA champion in the last decade that wasn't a super team (excluding the Spurs)?

For me, the last was the 2010-11 Mavs and there's quite some similarities there.

2020 Lakers.

AD and Lebron. The rest are barely servicable.

I'd rather have Thybulle than Simmons going to the Olympics for Australia, Ben is in the gutter until he stops being a wuss and bully his way to the paint and drive with aggression or work on his god damn shooting. Feel embarrassed that he'll represent Australia.
Nice hot take. Going for an ESPN colour spot?

The problem is even bigger than that. He is the play maker of that team, he is their point guard. And he refused to handle the ball.

It all comes back to free throw shooting. Hack a Ben destroyed him. He was too scared to be in possession of the ball in case someone fouled him.

If your point guard refuses to handle the ball you have a massive problem.

How were the Spurs not a super team? They won 4 chips.

Duncan, Parker, Ginobli and then add Leonard is a super team.

Sure it is a super team where no one speaks, but it is still a super team.

How were the Spurs not a super team? They won 4 chips.

Duncan, Parker, Ginobli and then add Leonard is a super team.

Sure it is a super team where no one speaks, but it is still a super team.

I didn't say they weren't a super team?

I actually agree with you. But some would argue they aren't on the basis that they were all drafted and developed in San Antonio.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back