VFL Williamstown vs Richmond, Sunday June 20, 2.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

His kicking is shocking must have been a miracle to slot 2 goals from a distance to nearly win the game. Sorry how many senior games has he had so I know he cant improve. Poo forget it I'm blind I didn't see a thing! I know noting.
7 games in total, 4 this year. He's got some skills but looks like a Ellis type winger to me. Vs the Giants he was OK, the whole team was crap vs the Lions. VFL backline had Stack & Mansell challenging for spots too.
I'm not sure he's going to make it at Punt Road which is a shame cos his old man was great

I can. It was spot on.

Watch the replay on C7 and time stamp is s**t kicks for me. I watched the game last night and every one of his kicks i paused & rewatched - i didn't see any of this crap about his kicking being s**t. If anything he kicked long, beautiful penetrating kicks directly to his teammates or to the perfect spot in the forward 50.

His 60m pass across the ground to a running Ralph-Smith (which he fumbled and turned over ), was the best kick of the game by a country mile. His 2 goals were probably next. I am really baffled by the "s**t kicking" comments cos i dont see it at all

I really dont understand how we can have such a variance in his kicking performance in this one match when there is a replay had. I haven't really read anyone specifically point out any particular moment about his kicking... i don't know what i am missing tbh. Kid had 20kicks, 10 marks, 2 beautiful long 50m goals. Took some great marks, and won his own ball more than i expected. his handballs were creative and hit a running target to advantage. Widely regarded as MOM in the reports also, including from the commentary.

He was so much better than Parker and Rioli, I found it laughable tbh

Last edited:
11 tackles. dimma would love that.that's naish's issue - lacks a defensive side.tick for ross too.

11 tackles for how many turnovers though? I honestly was more impressed with MRJ's last quarter tackling than the entire game of Parker - that guy hits a tackle at such speed, the ball spills out. We need that much more than anything else IMO. Parkers first game was fine, but to think he is an answer to our premiership hopes is a bloody wild theory to me. If people think Georgie has no skills, I can't see how many of this guys disposal was meant to be an upgrade from that. Didn;t think that game would make you a walk up start for the best team of the generation

11 tackles for how many turnovers though? I honestly was more impressed with MRJ's last quarter tackling than the entire game of Parker - that guy hits a tackle at such speed, the ball spills out. We need that much more than anything else IMO. Parkers first game was fine, but to think he is an answer to our premiership hopes is a bloody wild theory to me. If people think Georgie has no skills, I can't see how many of this guys disposal was meant to be an upgrade from that. Didn;t think that game would make you a walk up start for the best team of the generation
The problem with Rioli is that he’s really yet to put in a 4 qtr performance until he starts being more consistent across entire games he won’t get a look in

Parker may not have had the same impact but he had the consistency and that’s what the coaches will be looking for

The problem with Rioli is that he’s really yet to put in a 4 qtr performance until he starts being more consistent across entire games he won’t get a look in

Parker may not have had the same impact but he had the consistency and that’s what the coaches will be looking for

I would e incredibly weary of naming another forward who appeared to be a s**t kick at goal - his energy level was good, but his skills looked average, at best. I think our biggest flaw has been shoddy skills and Inside 50's, poor discipline & dumb free kicks & a lack of goal scoring pressure - not our effort. I don't see how Parker changes that a whole lot - he looked, if anything, to be the exact type of player who has stopped us being elite. - average skills, poor set shot, gives away too many free kicks. He is a great effort & Energy player, with fairly ordinary skills from my first viewing of him. Ie Castagna MKII

Agree with MRJ - but i also do think he might be one of those players that finds the game easier once he has more elite pressure around him. Ultimately his role is very simple - to apply pressure, turnovers etc. He probably lacks the stamina for senior footy, which is his biggest issue - but he provides something we don't have in our team at the moment, elite closing speed that hits a contest with genuine intent. Not calling for him to be named though, more using it as a point.

Don't forget blokes like RCD, CCJ & Naish have worked their arse off for limited senior time. I really dont think Pakrer showed that much that he deserves to jump the pack after 1 game.

I would e incredibly weary of naming another forward who appeared to be a sh*t kick at goal - his energy level was good, but his skills looked average, at best. I think our biggest flaw has been shoddy skills and Inside 50's, poor discipline & dumb free kicks & a lack of goal scoring pressure - not our effort. I don't see how Parker changes that a whole lot - he looked, if anything, to be the exact type of player who has stopped us being elite. - average skills, poor set shot, gives away too many free kicks. He is a great effort & Energy player, with fairly ordinary skills from my first viewing of him. Ie Castagna MKII

Agree with MRJ - but i also do think he might be one of those players that finds the game easier once he has more elite pressure around him. Ultimately his role is very simple - to apply pressure, turnovers etc. He probably lacks the stamina for senior footy, which is his biggest issue - but he provides something we don't have in our team at the moment, elite closing speed that hits a contest with genuine intent. Not calling for him to be named though, more using it as a point.

Don't forget blokes like RCD, CCJ & Naish have worked their arse off for limited senior time. I really dont think Pakrer showed that much that he deserves to jump the pack after 1 game.
One thing about Port Melbourne (I’ve played on it a few times) and spectated a fair bit as well is that it’s got to be one of the worst grounds in the county in terms of wind
It’s like on the spit of land and the wind direction is constantly changing
I’m not to fussed about missed kicks and set shots because of this

Definitely agree his discipline might of been an issue but he might of just being a little over zealous to try and make the most of his 2nd chance to be an AFL player

I don’t think he’s gonna be a revaluation for us but he has some decent traits that could be very useful
I think his size is a benefit as well at 188cm he’s taller than a lot of those traditional small forwards

Not sure if he comes in this week but I think he will definitely have a crack before the year is out

One thing about Port Melbourne (I’ve played on it a few times) and spectated a fair bit as well is that it’s got to be one of the worst grounds in the county in terms of wind
It’s like on the spit of land and the wind direction is constantly changing
I’m not to fussed about missed kicks and set shots because of this

Definitely agree his discipline might of been an issue but he might of just being a little over zealous to try and make the most of his 2nd chance to be an AFL player

I don’t think he’s gonna be a revaluation for us but he has some decent traits that could be very useful
I think his size is a benefit as well at 188cm he’s taller than a lot of those traditional small forwards

Not sure if he comes in this week but I think he will definitely have a crack before the year is out
Was it played at Port Melbourne or Williamstown?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just double checked played in Williamstown
I got mixed up and said Port Melbourne
I remember playing at both grounds too. As a teenager, toothless tattooed cnuts slamming VBs down at the fence, at 11.30 am, yelling abuse.. Port. And yes, Willy, with the cyclonic wind the few times I played there. But having grass on the ground at least was nice compared to the bog at many grounds.

I remember playing at both grounds too. As a teenager, toothless tattooed cnuts slamming VBs down at the fence, at 11.30 am, yelling abuse.. Port. And yes, Willy, with the cyclonic wind the few times I played there. But having grass on the ground at least was nice compared to the bog at many grounds.
I remember one game at Willi a bloke took a set shot and it went about 20m forward than the wind changed and the ball ended up landing behind the kicker it was absolutely ****ed 😂

Watch the replay on C7 and time stamp is sh*t kicks for me. I watched the game last night and every one of his kicks i paused & rewatched - i didn't see any of this crap about his kicking being sh*t. If anything he kicked long, beautiful penetrating kicks directly to his teammates or to the perfect spot in the forward 50.

His 60m pass across the ground to a running Ralph-Smith (which he fumbled and turned over ), was the best kick of the game by a country mile. His 2 goals were probably next. I am really baffled by the "sh*t kicking" comments cos i dont see it at all

I really dont understand how we can have such a variance in his kicking performance in this one match when there is a replay had. I haven't really read anyone specifically point out any particular moment about his kicking... i don't know what i am missing tbh. Kid had 20kicks, 10 marks, 2 beautiful long 50m goals. Took some great marks, and won his own ball more than i expected. his handballs were creative and hit a running target to advantage. Widely regarded as MOM in the reports also, including from the commentary.

I thought Naish was our best player in the second half and his two goals were very good but he definitely stuffed up a few kicks in the first half.

Has that Pickett 19 feel about it.

It really doesn't except for the fact people keep saying it - doesn't make it real tho.

People are just bored of Dan & Georgie & want someone else to magically fix all our issues. Marlion was spectacular because he had a silk to his game that was breath-taking. He did things like take "that mark" and has individual moments that made your jaw drop. Parker really doesn't show any of that sort of skill tbh. Great energy tho.

I thought Naish was our best player in the second half and his two goals were very good but he definitely stuffed up a few kicks in the first half.

Going to watch the replay again and check it out, it is really baffling me. I recall one Fwd50 entry which he scrubbed, but that was about it. I definitely didn't notice a plethora of shanked kicks & tbh, the entire games disposal in the first half was deplorable. I think both teams were around 50-60% eff in the first half, it was shoddy as

Are you sure you are not thinking of Cambell Browns hair? I definitely know that looked like a s**t show. I am still baffled how anyone was able to get on TV with hair that looked like he had just came off the street from a 3 day bender at Revolver

Watch the replay on C7 and time stamp is sh*t kicks for me. I watched the game last night and every one of his kicks i paused & rewatched - i didn't see any of this crap about his kicking being sh*t. If anything he kicked long, beautiful penetrating kicks directly to his teammates or to the perfect spot in the forward 50.

His 60m pass across the ground to a running Ralph-Smith (which he fumbled and turned over ), was the best kick of the game by a country mile. His 2 goals were probably next. I am really baffled by the "sh*t kicking" comments cos i dont see it at all

Book into spec savers tomorrow and then watch again

I would e incredibly weary of naming another forward who appeared to be a sh*t kick at goal - his energy level was good, but his skills looked average, at best. I think our biggest flaw has been shoddy skills and Inside 50's, poor discipline & dumb free kicks & a lack of goal scoring pressure - not our effort. I don't see how Parker changes that a whole lot - he looked, if anything, to be the exact type of player who has stopped us being elite. - average skills, poor set shot, gives away too many free kicks. He is a great effort & Energy player, with fairly ordinary skills from my first viewing of him. Ie Castagna MKII

Parker changes a fair bit because he can mark a ball and is willing to go for those marks. When was the last time you saw George fly for a mark up around the half forward wing, Rioli does it occasionally when he has the sit, but Parker actively wants the ball in the air. One of our greatest problems this year is the inability to transition the ball unless it is the fast break. Nobody other than Jack can do it, who is rapidly losing his legs. Parker is like an energy bubble and is attack attack attack, whether that is in the air, on the ground or pushing forward. Could also guarantee that he is not going to let a bloke like Lever drop into holes to intercept without a contest, and at around the 188-190mm mark and with a big spring and a hard attitude, they will know he is about.

Thought he was a real highlight in the game because of his point of difference. Sure his is a bit erratic, but the points above outweigh the points below. In our best side with Jack 5 years younger and all of our players in their peak, he may not have been needed. But right now I think his energy is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back