Resource Depression/Anxiety the silent killers - everyday is RUOK day. #SpeakUpStayChatTy

Remove this Banner Ad

Been debating as to weather or not I should share this, but fu** it, I will.

Due to my panic disorder I was prescribed Xanax and other benzos, SSRI’s. It’s been about 6 years now and what started as .5mg of Xanax a day is now 4mg because of the tolerance buildup. Sometimes I take twice the prescribed amount. I went to a new psychiatrist who told me that he’s never seen anyone get better using those meds and eventually leads to respiratory failure with such high doses.

I have tried to go off cold turkey a few times, lasted about 3 and a bit weeks the last time but going off Xanax like that is potentially life threatening. Alcohol and benzo withdrawal are the only two that can kill you.

So, as of Monday I’ll be going into hospital to get off it safely. I just got the call from the hospital confirming that they have a spot for me. Could be a week, could be 3 weeks.

Feeling pretty positive about it but also worried that I’ll go back to what I was like before taking the meds. It sucks that something that gave me my life back won’t be available to me anymore. I have no idea what to expect.

Hospital is the best place to change medications and treatments. With the supervision you'll be able to make the transition in a safer and quicker way.

Best of luck to you, I hope your stay is smooth and short.

Due to my panic disorder I was prescribed Xanax and other benzos, SSRI’s. It’s been about 6 years now and what started as .5mg of Xanax a day is now 4mg because of the tolerance buildup. Sometimes I take twice the prescribed amount. I went to a new psychiatrist who told me that he’s never seen anyone get better using those meds and eventually leads to respiratory failure with such high doses.

I have tried to go off cold turkey a few times, lasted about 3 and a bit weeks the last time but going off Xanax like that is potentially life threatening. Alcohol and benzo withdrawal are the only two that can kill you.

So, as of Monday I’ll be going into hospital to get off it safely. I just got the call from the hospital confirming that they have a spot for me. Could be a week, could be 3 weeks.

Feeling pretty positive about it but also worried that I’ll go back to what I was like before taking the meds. It sucks that something that gave me my life back won’t be available to me anymore. I have no idea what to expect.
Best of luck and that you come out the other side feeling better and stronger.

Good luck. Well done for being proactive, stay positive.

Best of luck with it all mate, I imagine it won’t be easy for you.

Best wishes Val Keating. I have no real concept of what you're going through, have to deal with or even how or what you should tell your kids. There is no rule book, and the way you end up telling them is the best way. As for BF, just clock in as normal, and list your return as TBC, like a 1/4 of the playing list. That will give you 2 weeks minimum anyway. Be well mate.

Best of luck to Val Keating. Just thought I'd chip in here too. Atm I'm bedridden in the throes of an unusually intense social anxiety attack, the stomach pain is dialled up to 11. Watching some highlights from the boys' recent games as a distraction. I know I don't know others here personally but I appreciate having a place to be able to express this :thumbsu: mental health can be a bitch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers mate. Just bored shitless tbh. It’s not quite ‘One flew over the Cuckoo’s nest’ in here at least so no lobotomy coming my way.....hopefully

The best thing to do when you’re bored is watching tiktok!! All the best Val!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Right so the report landed today, all the " sexual harassment " has been removed, doesn't get a mention other than to state it didn't happen. have mixed feelings about that tbh.

* Said it would be good for your career to come have a coffee with me- gone
* Walk into the gardens- gone
* Steps were put in place to stop my behaviours-gone
* Taking work of the complainant because she wouldn't date me- gone
* drinks after work offer- gone
* Looking at her backside- gone
* Sexual gesture- gone

The whole bloody case was built on sexual harassment, i wouldn't do it or did do it. But what they just go , "ok" ? Move on, sheesh I'd have thought you can't go around saying sh*te about people.

Anyways they've run with....

* Unwanted conversation and sharing of private information, which fyi wasn't sexual based nor was it unwanted
* asking her to dinner- wtf! - She offered and yeah I said ok, noting nothing happened and was the worst dinner I'd ever been on.
* Asking her for coffee- lol

So 50 odd thou later ( work paid), I find out late next week if there's further action to be taken. Word on the street is the decision makers don't think there's anything to it.

So it comes down to me to decide whether I suck it up, continue in a well paid job that allows ridiculous flexibility as in whether I do anything lol. Or I release the hounds from hell.

I will ponder over the weekend.

Thanks all , a bit anticlimactic I Must admit and i'd jumped the gun and got my own ankle monitor, cause that's what us sex offenders do.

I'd go on stress leave.

Kick ass mate!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back