Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read saying that Mundy and Cerra are our only good field kicks.. hmm, I’d say they’re our best field kicks but I could name another half a dozen who are good field kicks.

He’s such a mediocrity.
Pretty high bar your setting if to be a good field kick you need to be literally the best in the competition and one of the best under 24...

That is a blatantly incorrect statement

I’m just happy for local content.

Duff, Quarters and Readings are fine. Older journos with decent analysis mixed in with pretty open bias.

Purple Reign - two Freo fans making a podcast. Given they are allowed into the rooms I’m grateful they can still tee off when they see fit.

Hard Ball Gets - honestly probably the least insightful. Ellis is a hindsight hero and an unabashed Eagles/Hawks/Geelong fanboi, Rynne and Daniels don’t offer a great deal that we don’t know.

Despite that I’ll still gratefully receive their content as at least they discuss the club.

Read saying that Mundy and Cerra are our only good field kicks.. hmm, I’d say they’re our best field kicks but I could name another half a dozen who are good field kicks.

He’s such a mediocrity.

He hasnt seen enough of Henry yet. When he gets going it's going to be silk

Anyone is better than Peter (i don't listen to past greats who didn't win a Premiership) Sumich.

Imo Duff and Quarters is probably the best out there for WA fans.

Listening to Purple Reign is like listening to mates talk about the Freo. Good listen, but i can ring up a mate and have the same content if you know what i mean.

Hard Ball Gets is hard to listen to cause of Ellis. Fat Douchebag tbh. Not a fan of the whole 2 minute crap.

Sumich segment on 91.3 is basically a stand up show down at your local. Who What Why is he on the air. Bitter bitter man.

He’s such a mediocrity.
Really curious on who the other half a dozen are.

TBH Freo would be fkd without Mundy and he’s 35!!! Cerra just seems to have time and poise in every contest. Always makes the right decision and Mundy rarely misses a goal. Take those two out of the equation and it gets very sloppy.

I’d throw Treacy up there with a good field kick. I was pumped with the news today he signed on for two more years. Such a great find by Freo.

TBH Freo would be fkd without Mundy and he’s 35!!! Cerra just seems to have time and poise in every contest. Always makes the right decision and Mundy rarely misses a goal. Take those two out of the equation and it gets very sloppy.

I’d throw Treacy up there with a good field kick. I was pumped with the news today he signed on for two more years. Such a great find by Freo.
Not sure about the actual stats but to my eye Cox, Walters, Crowden, Aish, Treacy and Fyfe are all above average field kicks.

Best in Comp
Mundy

Elite
Cerra
Crowden
Walters

Very Good
Young - Potential to be elite
Henry - Potential to be elite
Treacy
Serong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that both Walters and Cerra are better field kicks than Mundy on average in that they are just that bit more creative in seeing options and hitting the exact spot the ball needs to go to so that option ends up with it.
For field kicking on the run out of a stoppage I can't think of a better kick in the comp than Barra.

I've been more than impressed with the non preferred foot kicking of Cerra.

He appears to be silk on either side...I don't want to give that up for anything.

But his good kicks are so good
I think the only difference between him and a lot of other very good kicks is he has the license to do whatever and all his mistakes get glossed over because he is Dusty. Nobody dwells on the mistakes.

Also Jack Lukoscious is pretty handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back