West Coast Eagles shocking drug culture

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly be worth a read IF it is not simply a rewrite of earlier media coverage.
What is new here?
Demetriou was a business partner of WCE chairman in 2007 Dalton Gooding the Dental false teeth import guys Ruthinium Group Pty Ltd both were directors, Demetriou MD, the relationship was never revealed, no conflict of interest was revealed and the AFL never sanctioned the WCE for any poor administration of a decade long slack oversight. Demetriou and AFL commissioned the Gillard report into what happened at WCE and he made sure it was never released. IIRC Warner said on the Footology podcast only 3 copies of the report was ever printed.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy players are human beings.
I'm not denying that, and we all make mistakes in life, but in my opinion the game has had a drug problem for many years and i say again that's why the 3 strike rule was brought in, and lets never forget that Essendon were tipped off when the testers were in town and all records of what was injected into the players disappeared. So why did the records of what was injected into the players disappear? So the obviously conclusion to me is that somebody at AFL house knew what was going on at the bombers and until the testers were in town and blind eye was turned towards the bombers.

I'm not denying that, and we all make mistakes in life, but in my opinion the game has had a drug problem for many years and i say again that's why the 3 strike rule was brought in, and lets never forget that Essendon were tipped off when the testers were in town and all records of what was injected into the players disappeared. So why did the records of what was injected into the players disappear? So the obviously conclusion to me is that somebody at AFL house knew what was going on at the bombers and until the testers were in town and blind eye was turned towards the bombers.

Ahem. This is the West Coast thread.

Sometimes we have to digress to make a point and sometimes people don't want to hear the truth

There's a difference between 'taking drugs' and a 'drug problem'.

I'd take a stab that many, if not the majority, of AFL players dabble in the illicit party drugs category, without a drug problem or a culture of drug taking.

There's a difference between 'taking drugs' and a 'drug problem'.

I'd take a stab that many, if not the majority, of AFL players dabble in the illicit party drugs category, without a drug problem or a culture of drug taking.
A majority yes, but not all, and you are missing the point about why the AFL brought in the 3 strike rule and why somebody tipped off Essendon when the the testers were and why Essendon destroyed or lost all evidence of what was injected into their players.
Why do you think the AFL brought in the 3 strike rule?
Why do you think Essendon destroyed or lost all evidence as to what was injected into their players?
Why do you think the life long druggie Ben Cousins never tested positive for drugs when he was playing?

A majority yes, but not all, and you are missing the point about why the AFL brought in the 3 strike rule and why somebody tipped off Essendon when the the testers were and why Essendon destroyed or lost all evidence of what was injected into their players.
Why do you think the AFL brought in the 3 strike rule?
Why do you think Essendon destroyed or lost all evidence as to what was injected into their players?
Why do you think the life long druggie Ben Cousins never tested positive for drugs when he was playing?

What exactly are you trying to argue about in this thread?

The AFL conducts brand management, to the surprise of no one.

EFC was a sports doping issue, vs an illicit drugs issue where the three strikes policy is relevant.

You're trying to conflate a few things together here that are really only peripherally related.

What exactly are you trying to argue about in this thread?

The AFL conducts brand management, to the surprise of no one.

EFC was a sports doping issue, vs an illicit drugs issue where the three strikes policy is relevant.

You're trying to conflate a few things together here that are really only peripherally related.
What i am saying is the AFL are more concerned with protecting the AFL brand rather the player welfare

Remove this Banner Ad

Back