2021/22 Championship, Lower, Non-League & Papa John's Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

1624529194350.png
1624529204242.png

dob off the wing

Debutant
Jun 22, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Falkirk
has to be the fewest amount of London clubs in a good 20 years? lots of yo-yo clubs up in the Prem.

hopefully travel opens up January or so. got a few grounds I'm dead keen to see and there's a few glugs of fixtures that all happen pretty close within Yorkshire a few times...

Of course, the best league in England is League Two :) , which literally takes in the full length and breadth of England. There is going to be a lot of travel for some teams this season, Carlisle v Exeter being the longest journey in the football league in season 2021/22.

Also there are three former Premier League clubs competing in League two this season, Bradford City, Oldham Athletic and Swindon Town.

1624585367198.png

literally what is the point of the EFL Trophy? it's not even an historical competition.

A chance for the lower league clubs to play their squad players, a chance to play at Wembley?

dob off the wing

Debutant
Jun 22, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Falkirk
A chance for the lower league clubs to play their squad players, a chance to play at Wembley?
isnt that what reserves football is for? or loan deals? or yknow, to fill the role squad players are employed to do: fill-in for injuries and fatigue in a pretty long season, especially during the winter congestion.

a competition for fringe players from third and fourth division clubs is a bit of a piss take. most of those guys aren't far off from being in the Conference.

Wembley should be a special thing. no doubt it's a good day out seeing your team play in a final there, but are you really going to look back on it the way you would – say – even playing a big club in the FA Cup? or going on a good run into the 16s?

the U21 sides being in there is an insult.

isnt that what reserves football is for? or loan deals? or yknow, to fill the role squad players are employed to do: fill-in for injuries and fatigue in a pretty long season, especially during the winter congestion.

a competition for fringe players from third and fourth division clubs is a bit of a piss take. most of those guys aren't far off from being in the Conference.

Wembley should be a special thing. no doubt it's a good day out seeing your team play in a final there, but are you really going to look back on it the way you would – say – even playing a big club in the FA Cup? or going on a good run into the 16s?

I'd remove this comp, but also remove clubs in the CL, EL or Europa Conference league from the League Cup. So all clubs not in European comps could have more of a chance to win that instead.

There's no reserves grade..? There's U23 football which is for, well, the U23s..

dob off the wing

Debutant
Jun 22, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Falkirk
There's no reserves grade..? There's U23 football which is for, well, the U23s..
you can play 2-3 senior players per game, cant you?

I just dont see the need for a competition for second choice, fourth rung players. what the hell? it's basically a money making exercise for sponsorship reasons.

anyway, guess some MK Dons reject really really needs a game against another semi-pro-standard players.

you can play 2-3 senior players per game, cant you?

I just dont see the need for a competition for second choice, fourth rung players. what the hell? it's basically a money making exercise for sponsorship reasons.

anyway, guess some MK Dons reject really really needs a game against another semi-pro-standard players.

Yes, not all together which is the point of having a Cup competition just for the lower leagues.

You don't see the need for keeping second choice players match fit and playing the game plan of the side? Huh?

If it's a money making exercise for lower league teams is that such a bad thing?

dob off the wing

Debutant
Jun 22, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Falkirk
Yes, not all together which is the point of having a Cup competition just for the lower leagues.

You don't see the need for keeping second choice players match fit and playing the game plan of the side? Huh?

If it's a money making exercise for lower league teams is that such a bad thing?
they keep fit by, errr, training?

you just disagree with me for the sake of it. the competition's tinpot and pointless.

I just said it's a s**t, pointless competition.

they keep fit by, errr, training?

you just disagree with me for the sake of it. the competition's tinpot and pointless.

I just said it's a sh*t, pointless competition.

I'm not disagreeing with you for the sake of it FFS, training is not matchday conditions, in a competitive environment, where managers can see which players could come into the side. I might be speaking from a bit of experience because that's literally what we used the comp for last season with our big squad. You send players out on loan you can't use them, you keep them playing in the u23s or off the bench, they lose match fitness. Having the League Cup/FA Cup and EFL Trophy in particular are all great avenues for rotating players and getting a look at them.

You said something dumb, own it.

literally what is the point of the EFL Trophy? it's not even an historical competition.
It was created to provide the lower leagues with an extra revenue stream as well as the lure of playing at Wembley Stadium. I’m not sure if it has been successful in increasing club revenues, especially since the introduction of the Academy teams, but as the clubs get closer to the final they do take it more seriously and it is a big event for the clubs fans.

It was created to provide the lower leagues with an extra revenue stream as well as the lure of playing at Wembley Stadium. I’m not sure if it has been successful in increasing club revenues, especially since the introduction of the Academy teams, but as the clubs get closer to the final they do take it more seriously and it is a big event for the clubs fans.

Don't bother.

Im just hoping for a full season

Friendlies started yseterday for FC United

Getting back into the grove

Found it interesting with some regulations though

If we want to sell food and drinks - Capacity capped at 1,630
If we want more fans to attend - Capacity capped at 1,860 - But can not sell food or drinks.

Eight EFL clubs are under transfer embargoes for the start of the football season.

Championship - Derby County, Hull City & Reading.
League One - Fleetwood Town & Gillingham
League Two - Oldham Athletic, Scun-thorpe and Swindon Town.

Derby County, Reading & Hull City among eight clubs under EFL transfer embargoes

That's a high number of clubs with financial issues still to be resolved. Swindon Town sounds like the most serious, they don't have enough players at this stage to field a team, no manager and ownership of the club is up in the air.

Eight EFL clubs are under transfer embargoes for the start of the football season.

Championship - Derby County, Hull City & Reading.
League One - Fleetwood Town & Gillingham
League Two - Oldham Athletic, Scampaignerhorpe and Swindon Town.

Derby County, Reading & Hull City among eight clubs under EFL transfer embargoes

Very strange situation, seems to be regarding loans for COVID relief last year (we were L1 so I thought it wasn't considered a loan), but then every signing we've made so far breaches the requirements of the embargo. So no idea if we actually are embargoed.

Looks like loan was to prevent any player sales. Can bring in loanees

Back