Prediction Round 15: Changes Vs Collingwood + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You grow up playing games at 8.30 am. Tomorrow is scheduled for 11.45 am our time. The Grand Final is only played at 12.30

I don't like saying it, but if that's a factor, I find it quite soft.
It is a factor in all US sports, but particularly NFL. It is built into the lines for betting and has been studied (and not overcome) in the most analysed sport there is.

Going to be cold and rainy in Melbourne tomorrow, and because of covid restrictions the roof will be open...

I think our injury-free status will be a short lived one :(
How many guys will be sitting on the bench with ice strapped to their hamstrings with clingfilm, and glum looks on their faces by the end of Q4 tomorrow?

I'd love to read about it. Is this specifically regarding time, location or both?
Time, I think is the biggest factor (all starts).

Here's the first article I found on a quick search. It is from a betting persepective

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on the photos on the website, Bewley and Duman are both in Melbourne, so one of them is presumably sub.

Hopefully Duman, still not confident AP won't shatter.

Yes I rubbed my whole naked body over wood as I typed that.

When I touch wood I am usually a bit more metaphorical. And alone in the bedroom.

You grow up playing games at 8.30 am. Tomorrow is scheduled for 11.45 am our time. The Grand Final is only played at 12.30

Www..circadianrhythm.com (made up website name)

i don’t mind saying it, if you think a known fact shouldn’t be a factor, I find that quite dumb.

you’d be the person that tells your teenage kids off because they can’t go to sleep earlier, or get out of bed earlier.

Don’t the players train at 9.30 Wednesdays? Treat it like that then
No, please no. What’s that going to look like? A few run throughs in the 1st, followed by a talk with the coaches at quarter time. Some training drills in the 2nd, stop for drinks and a chat at half time. Then match sims for the rest of the game? Actually that does sound exactly like how we have been playing away games this year.

i don’t mind saying it, if you think a known fact shouldn’t be a factor, I find that quite dumb.

you’d be the person that tells your teenage kids off because they can’t go to sleep earlier, or get out of bed earlier.
Definite factor. Flying West -> East massively affects me but oddly not the other way at all.

You can call it what you like, but it's a factor.
Greater effect of east vs. west travel on jet-lag, sleep and team-sport performance
"Specifically, travel east has a greater detrimental effect on sleep, subjective jet-lag, fatigue and motivation. Consequently, maximal- and intermittent-sprint performance is also reduced following travel east, particularly within 72 h following arrival."

In an arena as elite as the AFL, small differences can have big effects. Again, though, it's about trying to manage it as best you can and isn't the end of the story or only determinant.

You can call it what you like, but it's a factor.
Greater effect of east vs. west travel on jet-lag, sleep and team-sport performance
"Specifically, travel east has a greater detrimental effect on sleep, subjective jet-lag, fatigue and motivation. Consequently, maximal- and intermittent-sprint performance is also reduced following travel east, particularly within 72 h following arrival."

In an arena as elite as the AFL, small differences can have big effects. Again, though, it's about trying to manage it as best you can and isn't the end of the story or only determinant.
That's a better reference source than my Sports Insights one.

Time, I think is the biggest factor (all starts).

Here's the first article I found on a quick search. It is from a betting persepective

Cheers.

Unless I'm reading that incorrectly since 2013 teams have actually performed better when travelling east.

It also includes a quote from a bookmaker downplaying it's effect on results.

I find the 5 pm peak athletic performance stuff interesting.

If anyone's lack of sleep is affecting their job performance it needs to be sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back