Game Day 2021 VFLW Games

Remove this Banner Ad

I assume you'd just be asked to move on, either that or there's always the threat of a fine....
With no 25km limit and presuming they have fencing up, if you're just having a nice sit up on the hill outside the fences enjoying the sunshine and oh there happens to be a game on?

Is the Glasshouse cafe still open then?

With no 25km limit and presuming they have fencing up, if you're just having a nice sit up on the hill outside the fences enjoying the sunshine and oh there happens to be a game on?

Is the Glasshouse cafe still open then?
the cafe usually is open. But wasn't last time I was at training post lockdown. But I assume they'll start to re-open it again soon.

Team for tomorrow

7f5b97381e8c476b81461fd8c12d9c58.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Amelia Velardo, Alana Porter and Jasmine Ferguson will make their return to the backline, while skipper Caitlin Bunker will also re-join the side and is set to start up forward.

Oakleigh Charger players Stella Reid and Eliza James have also been called up to make their VFLW debuts in the black and white.

Resting a few?
8 AFLW listed players. Given we're a bit over a month from the draft, probably more of a chance to give more exposure to VFLW players. Given there has been about 3-4 weeks off already, I wouldn't say anyone was rested. Probably more to do with giving others a chance.

Cats Saturday at 12:00 @ Vic park. Tough clash, 1st v 2nd. Nice warm up for the finals.

Cats Saturday at 12:00 @ Vic park. Tough clash, 1st v 2nd. Nice warm up for the finals.
We only just beat them in round 1. Will be a tough game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We only just beat them in round 1. Will be a tough game.

That was before the AFLW players returned though so hopefully a better showing this time around.

Is there any reason we haven't seen the sides for tomorrows game yet?

Is there any reason we haven't seen the sides for tomorrows game yet?

AFLW Listed players: Butler, Cann, Porter, Verlado, Purcell, Lin,Moloney, Newman O'Dea.

Surely we win this.

AFLW Listed players: Butler, Cann, Porter, Verlado, Purcell, Lin,Moloney, Newman O'Dea.

Surely we win this.

Still keeping our powder dry on a number of potential inclusions.

The Pies v Cats game will be live tomorrow from 11am (with pre-game) on WARFRadio.com and from 12pm on the below Youtube link...

Will need a suite of TV's so we can watch this, the VFL, and the seniors when they start. At least it'll mean there'll be replays.

Undefeated in the H&A a rare feat. Well done to the group, now to get the job done in the finals.
A brilliant achievement. But the season restarts again now. A repeat of 2018 would be very disappointing.

A brilliant achievement. But the season restarts again now. A repeat of 2018 would be very disappointing.
The last time I recall a side going undefeated at something close to this level of footy was Williamstown in the VFL reserves. They ended up losing the grand final by a couple of goals.

The Reserves went through the season undefeated to register 18 wins and a percentage of 252! They opened their title defence with a 124-point victory over Box Hill at Williamstown, kicking 21 goals to zero after quarter-time. This was followed up with a 100-point win at Werribee the following week and then victories followed over Bendigo (by 206 points), Port Melbourne (84 points), Coburg (60 points), Casey (96 points), Frankston (98 points) and Sandringham (146 points). They went on to win their first final against Frankston 12.8.80 to 8.10.58, but then suffered their first defeat for the year in the grand final, going down to Box Hill by two goals, 10.11.71 to 8.11.59.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back