Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Moore’s more injury prone and Maynard ranks above everyone else on that list you provided.

Interestingly though, Crisp is one I could mount an argument for to be in the same group as Moore and Maynard. Elliott potentially too injury permitting

Crisp would of been next for sure, i absolutely love him. Adams is the *shudder* cotchin of our team, he will lead and provide the contribution that doesnt get the recognition of the match winners.

Yes Moore is more injury prone but is by far and away our best player (and key position to top it off)

4th for Maynard isnt a knock on him at all as he is one of my absolute favourite players. But i cant see losing the best KPD, albeit injury prone, top 3 ruck/best rucking midfielder or the only player we we have that has the capability of playing a dusty/petracca like game, being behind Maynard in terms of loss. Id love to see us flirt with rotating Maynard as a centre bounce mid in remaining rounds. Thats where he has capabilities to get to number 1 on this list. Lethal kick, reads the ball well, tough as guts and good in traffic and more importantly than capable to play a shutdown role on a forward/mid (such as some of his games on Toby Greene)

I am so sick of his brain fades.

Sure he might be defensively minded and stop at least a goal a game, but he also coughs one up every single week due to stupidity.

If we can get a first rounder - take it
We will have nothing left to fight with if players like Maynard are seen as dispensable. Even if we swapped for a first round pick, we'd probably recruit another Freeman or Scharenberg, with Maynard saving his best games for his new team against us.

Last edited:
We will have nothing left to fight with if players like Maynard are seen as dispensable. Even if we swapped for a first round pick, we'd probably recruit another Freeman or Scharenberg, with Maynard saving his best games for his new team against us.
If you put Maynard's heart and desire into Sier's body you would have an all time great.

Moore’s more injury prone and Maynard ranks above everyone else on that list you provided.

Interestingly though, Crisp is one I could mount an argument for to be in the same group as Moore and Maynard. Elliott potentially too injury permitting
Agree about Crisp. Moore has been much fitter the past couple of years. His impact injury was due to his bravery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You still need a brain otherwise you'd have Phil Carmen V2.0
Lol I saw an interview with Phil after he had finished playing and he still thought it was a bit of a joke???
Honestly . . . Phil the dill is just so descriptive.

What’s more important.

Seeing Maynard hit the contest with intent or winning games of football so we don’t start creating a losing culture a la Melbourne 2005-2017 or Carlton 2010-now

Maynard costs us a lot of games. Examples - yesterday, 2020 vs Giants, he’ll even the 2018 grand final (argue that he was held all you want, but he made the wrong decision on who/when to attack - and end of the day the flag isn’t on our flagpole as a result…)

What’s more important.

Seeing Maynard hit the contest with intent or winning games of football so we don’t start creating a losing culture a la Melbourne 2005-2017 or Carlton 2010-now

Maynard costs us a lot of games. Examples - yesterday, 2020 vs Giants, he’ll even the 2018 grand final (argue that he was held all you want, but he made the wrong decision on who/when to attack - and end of the day the flag isn’t on our flagpole as a result…)
The important thing is to stop being crash test dummies, that means making teams understand there are consequences for their actions.

Yes that includes physical hardness and outright intimidation.

If you don't like it watch a game of monopoly.

The important thing is to stop being crash test dummies, that means making teams understand there are consequences for their actions.

Yes that includes physical hardness and outright intimidation.

If you don't like it watch a game of monopoly.
Id rather win games and flags tbh…

If we’re talking about consequences, then you must agree, constant brain fades should result in being dropped. I’m sure you don’t afford Magden the same leeway

If you put Maynard's heart and desire into Sier's body you would have an all time great.
If onlys; the one for me is Madgen's attitude, desperation and leadership with Wilson's ball use. Two players with opposite flaws who will both struggle to be regular senior players unless they can improve their weaknesses.

If onlys; the one for me is Madgen's attitude, desperation and leadership with Wilson's ball use. Two players with opposite flaws who will both struggle to be regular senior players unless they can improve their weaknesses.

Give that hybrid Langdon's pace and then we're talking.

From what I know, he isn’t going anywhere unless the Pies want him to go. He is actually a very loyal guy and genuinely does not know where all this speculation has come from this year. From his relationship with Buckley to the Melbourne trade. He thinks it’s either someone from Melbourne throwing it out there to set rumblings or just the media trying to piece a plausible story.
This info is coming from one of his close group of friends who were at school together (De La Salle) and still close and catch up regularly.

It seems like all this talk about Maynard leaving started with Brad Hardie.Brad Hardie?I mean really,does anyone take anything he says seriously?I don’t.
I don’t think Maynard is leaving, but…

Imagine Bucks ends up as coach of Gold Coast next year. Wouldn’t be hard to imagine some Collingwood players wanting to follow him. Far fetched I know, but stranger things have happened.

What’s more important.

Why focus on any player’s negatives without balancing it with their positives? Posters do this regularly and all it produces is a totally misleading and superficial impression of the player concerned.

Id rather win games and flags tbh…

If we’re talking about consequences, then you must agree, constant brain fades should result in being dropped. I’m sure you don’t afford Magden the same leeway
If you think that great sides don't use those tactics you are very much mistaken.
Richmond play to the ragged edge and go over regularly - they are allowed to get away with it.
The great bombers sides with their drug increased bodies constantly physically bullied everyone and got away with it.
Geelong did the same when they had Thompson and his medical mate down there and they got away with it.
We don't get away with it because we are Collingwood.
But then you don't want to hear such things do you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back