Who is the 'Average' Australian voter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh please you are not treating that piece ABC rubbish seriously.
The ABC have an agenda to get rid of Morrison. In return they will be given a massive boost in their budget and then they can employ every lefty journalist looking for a job. At the last election we had Jon Faine openly supporting Shorten and the Greens. Anybody who contradicted him on climate change was cut off. One infamous call he interrupted someone and said I am not letting this go on and will not take any more calls from climate change deniers. Professor Faine had made up his mind.

If the ABC was a private station, no problem. They could read Marx all day on the airwaves for all I cared. However, this is a taxpayer funded organization and all you hear is left-wing diatribe. Not one centrist or right-leaning commentator. They banned Andrew Bolt from the Insiders panel because he had his own show at Chanel 10 at the time, but Waleed Aly and his show on Channel 10 is ok for him to continue and to appear on the Insiders.

Time to sell off the ABC and SBS as they can no longer be trusted to be independent.
Not one word of that self indulgent rant relates to the article or my post. Laughable.

The ABC have an agenda to get rid of Morrison. In return they will be given a massive boost in their budget and then they can employ every lefty journalist looking for a job. At the last election we had Jon Faine openly supporting Shorten and the Greens. Anybody who contradicted him on climate change was cut off. One infamous call he interrupted someone and said I am not letting this go on and will not take any more calls from climate change deniers. Professor Faine had made up his mind.

If the ABC was a private station, no problem. They could read Marx all day on the airwaves for all I cared. However, this is a taxpayer funded organization and all you hear is left-wing diatribe. Not one centrist or right-leaning commentator. They banned Andrew Bolt from the Insiders panel because he had his own show at Chanel 10 at the time, but Waleed Aly and his show on Channel 10 is ok for him to continue and to appear on the Insiders.

Time to sell off the ABC and SBS as they can no longer be trusted to be independent.
If you think running a story about the PM and his wife being influenced by a cult is not newsworthy you've got issues mate.

The ABC has gone full crazy over the last decade and sadly lost its integrity with it. There was a direct link between its war against any government that considered restraining the money pumped into the media outlet.

They actually worded a news piece that the Fukushima nuclear reactor caused a Tsunami and killed thousands and or claimed those thousands were killed by the reactor itself.

Once called out on the issue they published a few lines hidden away on their website correcting themselves.

Personally I feel the board has to start holding the staff to account and start to have an influence over the work published.

The ABC has gone full crazy over the last decade and sadly lost its integrity with it. There was a direct link between its war against any government that considered restraining the money pumped into the media outlet.

They actually worded a news piece that the Fukushima nuclear reactor caused a Tsunami and killed thousands and or claimed those thousands were killed by the reactor itself.

Once called out on the issue they published a few lines hidden away on their website correcting themselves.

Personally I feel the board has to start holding the staff to account and start to have an influence over the work published.
Totally disagree.The 80% Murdoch monopoly has shifted media that far right, that you think normal reporting is biased.
The abc is doing its job. It's called journalism. Murdoch press is opinion.
If Christian Porter allegedly buggerised and repeatedly raped a young girl, that is newsworthy.
If Sqomo's best mate is in a cult and the cult guy's family reported him to the police, that is newsworthy.
If horses are being killed without dignity and greyhounds shot and being buried in mass graves , that is newsworthy.

Totally disagree.The 80% Murdoch monopoly has shifted media that far right, that you think normal reporting is biased.
If Christian Porter allegedly buggerised and repeatedly raped a young girl, that is newsworthy.
If Sqomo's best mate is in a cult and the cult guy's family reported him to the police, that is newsworthy.
If horses are being killed without dignity and greyhounds shot and being buried in mass graves , that is newsworthy.

What is the 80% figure that is relevant to your claim.

All the major newspapers herald sun, daily telegraph, Courier Mail, News.com, The Australian,Fox 'news' and Sky 'news' and others.
Plus all the regional news owned by Murdoch.

What is your version of 100%* ???

1.People buy it, they choose to get it, if that counts.
2.Nine TV, radio, papers etc, the ABC, 7Media share the other 20%:oops:

*'rithmetic standards are falling, free falling !!

I have no issue with proper reporting

But once one sells their integrity, one can’t get it back

At risk of stating the obvious, there are many individual Australians who have things in common and don't have things in common. Society is a giant Venn diagram.

And political parties try to 'work' the Venn diagrams in each electorate to their favour. It just so happened that, through Morrison's persuasion (and rubbish), media coverage, and Labor's persuasion failure, enough groups decided to write '1' next to the Coalition.

How much of a factor is ignorance, stupidity and apathy? What percentage of voters paid five minutes' worth of attention to the election campaign, what percentage paid fifteen minutes, what percentage paid several hours?

I voted Labor, and due to my bias it's easy for me to think that the ignoramuses voted Coalition without thinking, meanwhile not enough people were smart enough to vote Labor. That is not necessarily the reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ABC & SBS needs to sold off and get 6500 people off the Government books. It is beyond repair.

The ABC & SBS needs to sold off and get 6500 people off the Government books. It is beyond repair.
Are you afraid of journalism? What you read is opinion in the Murdoch monopoly press.
Which 4 Corners programs do you think shouldn't have gone ahead?
The horse and greyhound killing or the Morrison's going on holidays with Qanon nuts?

Are you afraid of journalism? What you read is opinion in the Murdoch monopoly press.
Which 4 Corners programs do you think shouldn't have gone ahead?
The horse and greyhound killing or the Morrison's going on holidays with Qanon nuts?

"two wrongs somehow make a right" seems to be the best reason to keep the ABC in its current format

what people don't appreciate is balanced journalism is the sum of misleading and deceptive journalism from different ends of the spectrum. Rather it is recipe for social decay.

What we need in Australia is for News to become a defined terms with legal consequences for breaches and governed by an entity separate from government. In regard to the ABC itself, the board should have input on the product released. This simple change would greatly improve the sick Aunty.

"two wrongs somehow make a right" seems to be the best reason to keep the ABC in its current format

what people don't appreciate is balanced journalism is the sum of misleading and deceptive journalism from different ends of the spectrum. Rather it is recipe for social decay.

What we need in Australia is for News to become a defined terms with legal consequences for breaches and governed by an entity separate from government. In regard to the ABC itself, the board should have input on the product released. This simple change would greatly improve the sick Aunty.
What news do you read and trust then?

What news do you read and trust then?

I read The Age as my preferred Oz source and read Aljazeera, BBC, ABC and NY Times.

The question of who I trust is a hard one, as I find without exception the comparison of reading source reports referred to in articles and the article itself has variances. The extent of those variances helps understand the bias on particular topics or the quality of reporting full stop.

I read The Age as my preferred Oz source and read Aljazeera, BBC, ABC and NY Times.

The question of who I trust is a hard one, as I find without exception the comparison of reading source reports referred to in articles and the article itself has variances. The extent of those variances helps understand the bias on particular topics or the quality of reporting full stop.
The ABC is commercial free and reports the news.

The ABC is commercial free and reports the news.

so it should have no concerns if a legal framework and associated consequences were implemented

it should also have no concerns if the board of the ABC started reviewing content

so it should have no concerns if a legal framework and associated consequences were implemented

it should also have no concerns if the board of the ABC started reviewing content
If you're talking about the Qanon story, it passed every legal and ethical hurdle months ago.
ABC management, that was appointed by Morrison, then tried to delay and retract some of it for no reason.
That's called interference of free journalism.
I think you're believing some of the BS from the Liberal party media.
If your PM and his wife go on holidays with a couple who were reported to the police for promoting extreme views from a discredited cult, that is called newsworthy.

If you're talking about the Qanon story, it passed every legal and ethical hurdle months ago.
ABC management, that was appointed by Morrison, then tried to delay and retract some of it for no reason.
That's called interference of free journalism.
I think you're believing some of the BS from the Liberal party media.
If your PM and his wife go on holidays with a couple who were reported to the police for promoting extreme views from a discredited cult, that is called newsworthy.

I think you’ve just shown your stripes

This is about the preservation of media and thus democracy. Where you are limited in thinking to politics.

I'm not sure what point you're making.
What's your issue with the abc?

poor quality journalism that engages in misleading and deceptive conduct

we deserve better and the ABC should be reformed or wound up

That tells you about how bad your party or policies are needing to further rig the media. Let me guess so called centrist Micheal West should replace our media.

Hate to break it to you it gets forgotten because its not important to them end of story. No amount of rigging will change that. People knew about labor climate policies and renewable energy push. Don't worry about that but it did fu** all because hate to break it to you but its not important to them end of story.

For example if you report that Aus is building more oil plants or cutting down a forest for mine guess what it will get outrage and forgotten about. Even if you rig it.

The fact you are going after center left mainstream outlets is very evil and scummy. Playing the umpire not the player is a dog move. But that's why political nerds are scum

But if you want to play that game then we can play it. That's why I suggest ABC news shouldn't be tax funded and defunded.

In fact given sky news has great reputation in UK. I suggest replace Sky news Aus with ABC. There is no legalisation written that tax funded media has to be ABC. It can be sky news Aus. That's an argument that can be made. ABC ratings are also really bad so a straight swap will do wonders.
I get it you don’t like tax dollars supporting the abc. I don’t like my tax dollars supporting the Great Barrier Reef foundation. Guess what we both have to choke on our respective s**t sandwiches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back