Game Day Eagles v Dogs @ Optus Stadium 3:20 AEST - Rd 15 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all of the angst about our vulnerabilities at selection, Bevo clearly identified their vulnerabilities and picked a team to outrun them and come over the top late. Too good Bevo.

Brereton just reeled off a stat that our collective GPS covered 8 kilometres more than them over the match. That is insane.

Special mention to English who worked so hard back and forward and worked their biggest asset into the ground.

Even my wife says Lingy hates the dogs. He never has a good thing to say.

It was all day. Eagles need to do this or that. If we were the Cats (thank God we‘re not) he would’ve ignored our opponents and would spend the afternoon creaming his jeans. Instead we had to put up with his trademark brand of bulltish.

Anyway, that last quarter… 👌

Last edited:
I mean from a defensive point of view. Look what Tom Stewart did last week, Hurn could easily do the same if Hannan doesn’t play accountable footy again this week
i don't think Stewart was on Hannan last week to be fair. its a whole defensive job with most teams these days instead of one on one.
i think we should debut JUH to replace him to show him what it is like in a step up to the seniors is all about. He will either think geeze its a bigger jump up then i thought, or walk past bevo and quip, told ya i was good.

I started the week thinking we were good things but the longer the week has gone on the more I think you'll be too good even with our ins. Just a heads up though: if we do win, nothing to be worried about. Missing two of your best mids, playing after a week in quarantine (which is bullshit if I must add, I can't stand the fact that our state gov is doing this sh*t still, and that the AFL is allowing it and that Carlton will have to spend the week in quarantine too when they play freo next week) and that if we meet again this season in finals, the game will be played in Melbourne as you'd be the home team, which will be a completely different game to Sunday. All I ask is no injuries to either side, and for a good game.
Too good for us. Should have won by 80. Ended our season tonight. In a way, thank you. Was too preoccupied worrying about finishing top 4. Now I can temper my expectations and hopefully scrape into the top 8. Good luck for the rest of the season, you and Melbourne are a cut above the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back