2020/21 A-League Grand Final - Melbourne City V Sydney FC

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulation to Melbourne City winning there first Championship and there first double also taking out the Premiers Plate.

Well that's it for the season its been a some what roller coaster ride with Covid-19 Disruptions throughout but we got through it in the end as frustrating that it was at times. Thanks to all who contributed to the board throughout the season there's been some entertaining discussions and I hope you can all contribute during the off season and back next season.
A whole new era of A-league football will begin next season with the new TV rights deal. Hopefully a stepping stone for the league to get back on its feet and to the heights it used to attract.

Back home after the big game, now watching the replay (a must after a successful GF).

City we're just awesome. Sydney had no answers. The Socceroo absences seemed to hurt Sydney more playing Retre instead of Grant they were unable to counter attack for any sustained period other than the good 5 mins when they scored.

I'll be honest, my heart sank momentarily. But after the equaliser was smashed in after the gassing Cola run I was pretty certain it would be our night.

I can't say I saw a reckless challenge by Brattain during his city tenure, but 2 in 10 mins was insane. Only got himself to blame.

The pen just before the break pretty much shut the door. The whole "VAR wouldn't have overturned it" - I'm not so sure, he stood all over him. I think they'd have call Beath over for a look.

Tilio and Cola continued to run riot - the kids are alright and the Socceroos will be in good shape with these 2 in years to come.

Still at half time Corica would have told the team to hang in there and not concede and try and grab an equaliser in the last 15 mins - he'd get his wish.

As someone who has seen Heart drop soooo many points over the years, even City looking wobbly after dominating too - I wasn't worried at all in the closing moments. A credit to our world class ball movement - Sydney just couldn't muster a chance.

The deserved 3rd goal arrived and it was party time! Double winners and in an ominous way City have arrived.

Corica is an a grade tosser! In the presser he was blaming the ref for the loss for sending off Battan never mind he committed two horrible yellow card challengers in 10mins and for awarding City what was a fair penalty. No wonder the scum tag sticks on Sydney FC. How about being gracious in defeat for a change instead of always making excuses you whinging prick.

Corica is an a grade tosser! In the presser he was blaming the ref for the loss for sending off Battan never mind he committed two horrible yellow card challengers in 10mins and for awarding City what was a fair penalty. No wonder the scum tag sticks on Sydney FC. How about being gracious in defeat for a change instead of always making excuses you whinging prick.

I read that garbage - lacks class. I'll bet he had a similar response after the disallowed goal in is to the GF last year they benefited from

Remove this Banner Ad

Back