Analysis Father Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure but I imagine we get a summary on Monday. Boristown weren't you watching? If so, how did Raak go?

Had a good first half and provided some nice drive off half back. Faded a bit in the second half, but a pretty solid game overall. Was given kick out duties for a lot of the game and used it well mostly.

From AFL.COM

THE RACE to be this year's No.1 draft pick has a new contender.

Nick Daicos and Jason Horne have been standout prospects in the class of 2021 for some time, with Daicos dominating the NAB League season and Horne impressing at senior level for South Adelaide for the past 12 months.

But the emergence of Western Bulldogs father-son prospect Sam Darcy in recent months has seen him grow into a genuine No.1 pick contender, with his six-goal haul in Vic Metro's under-19s trial match against Vic Country on Sunday further underlining his credentials.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the AFL sticks to the same bid matching rules as last year which allowed us to use an unlimited number of picks to accrue the points to match a bid.

We were very lucky with the list reductions that came as a result of the covid impacted season.

If it wasn't for them we would have really struggled just to match the bids on Jamarra and Darcy let alone add Treloar.

Sounds like Darcy is a good prospect. If we can get two A-Grade ruck forwards up and going at the same time in the future that will provide a real point of difference.

How is his athleticism? Could he play defence at the top level?

Sounds like Darcy is a good prospect. If we can get two A-Grade ruck forwards up and going at the same time in the future that will provide a real point of difference.

He can play both ends of the ground

Athleticism is excellent. Kicked one goal in the second quarter yesterday where he picked it up on the half volley turned his opponent inside out and snapped for goal.

It is totally in the AFL's scope to ban us from selecting a f/s in the future.

They make rules up on the run. Look at their trade ban on Sydney.

I reckon it will happen. Especially if Matthew Croft's son is any good.

It is totally in the AFL's scope to ban us from selecting a f/s in the future.

They make rules up on the run. Look at their trade ban on Sydney.

I reckon it will happen. Especially if Matthew Croft's son is any good.
I don’t think they can touch f/s. There would be an uproar.

Maybe the only thing I could see changing is that you don’t get a discount on points? I think that should happen anyway.

I don’t think they can touch f/s. There would be an uproar.

Maybe the only thing I could see changing is that you don’t get a discount on points? I think that should happen anyway.
Depends if the big Melbourne clubs have any upcoming f/s. If they don't and we do, I can see them whinging to Gil.

Two mobile "utilities" in English and Sam Darcy will be revolutionary moving forward.

Basically we could have English as the number 1 ruck/forward half utility

Then have Darcy as the second ruck/back half utility.

Jamarra will in time replace Bruce as the second tall to support Naughton.

At the start of the year we had 4 big fellas in Stef Martin, English, Naughton and Bruce.
In a couple of years time imagine Darcy (to replace Martin), English, Naughton and Jamarra (to replace Bruce)

Sam Darcy is THE worst f/s prospect I've ever seen. Why us, or any other club for that matter, would take more than a cursory glance at footage of him, or waste any time in analysing his draft prospects, is beyond me.

Rarely kicks on his left (our preferred criteria for players in recent years), marking so-so, has insta and twitter accounts in fake names to hide the fact that he is dating the daughters/wives/mistresses of seven former VFL/AFL wild boys simultaneously, and really only plays footy as a bit of a lark as his potential acting career looms on the horizon.

Don't get your hopes up everyone, one of the more guaranteed busts in world sport is looming. :smirk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back