Player Watch Patrick Parnell - Contract Extension To End of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Really impressive today in the SANFL. Great skillset for the role. Feel very secure where he has the ball in hand. Couple of turnovers today not from poor execution but due to not having the chemistry with teammates to know where they like to position themselves in contests up the ground/leading patterns. High level talent.

What’s the odds on a debut this year?

It's certainly not 0%.

The likelihood is Parnell probably needs an injury to get a game, seeing Jones starting to settle and play good football in our defence. Though Hamill isn't exactly playing lights out football at the moment, so Parnell does have a door to kick down.

I'm starting to come around to a late debut. Got it all as a defender/outside midfielder, except height.

Looks like the type of guy we've drafted from a half back to use as a small forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the type of guy we've drafted from a half back to use as a small forward.
I'm not seeing that, to me Patty shapes very much like an attacking running back with the speed to break the lines with his run and carry and precise kicking we'd use to break up the oppo's defensive press through the corridor whenever possible.

I'm not seeing that, to me Patty shapes very much like an attacking running back with the speed to break the lines with his run and carry and precise kicking we'd use to break up the oppo's defensive press through the corridor whenever possible.
Based on what I've seen that would be ideal.

Pretty sure what I dropped off yesterday is about similar size to this kid but with a kick like that if he doesn't debut this year I think it's rough on him.

Of course, we are more likely to debut him in Ballarat v the dogs or else vs Melbourne and wonder why he wasn't BOG.

Pretty sure what I dropped off yesterday is about similar size to this kid but with a kick like that if he doesn't debut this year I think it's rough on him.

Of course, we are more likely to debut him in Ballarat v the dogs or else vs Melbourne and wonder why he wasn't BOG.
Why is it rough on him ??

He closes by saying “hopefully I’ll be here next year”.

Me too mate.

Has good decision making and clean skills. And He hasn’t done an AFL preseason yet!
Can't see why he wouldn't be - think it was Hamish saying we drafted him for the long term and he adds to the group of talented kids we're accumulating.

He closes by saying “hopefully I’ll be here next year”.

Me too mate.

Has good decision making and clean skills. And He hasn’t done an AFL preseason yet!
Adealaide should come out and say, if you keep that sort of output you’ll be here, give the kid some confidence and clear his mind to free him up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back