Game Day Round 15 Discussion - MND Challenge Round - Play On

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the weekend , thought my side was going reasonably well .....all MIDS & DEF scored above expectations

But as has been the story of my season ....really stuffed my (C) choices up .....3 weeks in a row now, after having Bont with the (C) all week
But after the failure of Neale, I decided to play "safe" and take the Gawn option over my preferred choice .....actually wouldn't have mattered ....if I went Bont, he would have scored 98 and Gawn 150 ....such is my luck

2,308 for the week .....slid a massive 700 spots

Capt choice .....and this cluster **** of a FWD line ....that I thought more teams would have a similar setup ????
And not forgetting Cripps and Docherty train wrecks

1624839756637.png

Truly bizarre how I managed a 300 under par score with a combination of the same players as everyone else in the Top5k. I did push my luck by starting Treacy on-field this week instead of upgrading Impey right away. Cripps on-field over of Mr once in a lifetime 100% d/e & 0 clangers Heppell was clearly a mistake costing a further 55 points and Gawn C over Macrae a further 35, but even if I had done all those things differently I still would have ended up with a rubbish sub-2250 score. It's bad enough having an awful round when nearly everyone else is also having one, but when it's in the highest scoring round of the year...

You’ll bounce back mate
Team is still strong and with trades up your sleeve
Many like me are tredding on thin ice
Only takes an injury or two and you’ll rise again
Happens to us all

You sounded like a newbie who didnt see this coming.
You never see this coming. You just get entered, dry by the SC Gods through no fault of your own.
Yeah you left a few points on the table but not enough to save you from a sore rear entrance.

I particularly liked how they didnt do it though injury or anti KOTD or something.
They literally made you endure the entire round without a chance at par score :eggplant:

My Projected Score was 330 points higher than what I ended up with. :$

I expect to be f'ed by Cripps and Doch by now and a 34 from Treacy was due after pulling SP scores out of his arse in the last 2 games and CCJ was never going to score high in the rain and another putrid score from Heeney shouldn't have come as too much of a surprise to most but it's copping crap scores from 3 of my most reliable scorers Lloyd, Stewart & Hall which really stings. I was 0/10 tonnes on Saturday arvo so knew pretty early on that the round was going to be a write off even if I traded Impey > Punchy on Sunday arvo which would have allowed me to leave Treacy's 34 points on the bench but figured an extra 50 points wouldn't make much difference as the damage was already done early in the round and I'd end up with a player I don't want and not enough cash to do the trades I do want to do this week. Sometimes you just got to prep your anoos and take it like a man and like it. :rainbow:

Last edited:

I expect to be f'ed by Cripps and Doch by now and a 34 from Treacy was due after pulling SP scores out of his arse in the last 2 games and CCJ was never going to score high in the rain and another putrid score from Heeney shouldn't have come as too much of a surprise to most but it's copping crap scores from 3 of my most reliable scorers Lloyd, Stewart & Hall which really stings. I was 0/10 tonnes on Saturday arvo so knew pretty early on that the round was going to be a write off even if I traded Impey > Punchy on Sunday arvo which would have allowed me to leave Treacy's 34 points on the bench but figured an extra 50 points wouldn't make much difference as the damage was already done early in the round and I'd end up with a player I don't want and not enough cash to do the trades I do want to do this week. Sometimes you just got to prep your anoos and take it like a man and like it. :rainbow:
Yep. I just prepare for the worst and hope for the best and if all else fails Roughie some campaigners in and out a few times to make yourself feel better.

I had Doc, Hall and CCJ scores on field just my gun midfield and backs who held my round together.

Yeh but I already had one of those horror (300 under par) rounds in Rd7 when I scored 1900 when everyone else scored 2200+. I'm amazed I'm even ranked as high as I am having given up 600+ points in 2 of 14 rounds.

We'll 2 bad rounds is better than 15 average ones like me obviously...🤔

Just think how high you'd be ranked if you didn't start that useless prick Cripps aswell!

Cats being forced to play a home game at…home! Those bastards at the AFL can’t possibly do this surely.
They dont usually play the big Melbourne clubs down there so thought it got moved because of covid or something. Its all good though. Youll win all your games there as usual and then choke the finals at the G :)

They dont usually play the big Melbourne clubs down there so thought it got moved because of covid or something. Its all good though. Youll win all your games there as usual and then choke the finals at the G :)
Are you really a Melbourne supporter slinging mud? Dees my second fav team coz in general their fans don’t do as you do (My Dee mates anyway). Suppose we’ve all got our special few.

Are you really a Melbourne supporter slinging mud? Dees my second fav team coz in general their fans don’t do as you do (My Dee mates anyway). Suppose we’ve all got our special few.
Its called banter mate didnt think you'd take it to heart. Some supporters are so sensitive but what can ya do?

Welcome to my world of SC.
I think my projected was ~250 point higher than what I've ended up.

Essentially the same sub performance as your team, but we are only ~11K different in overall rank :'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to my world of SC.
I think my projected was ~250 point higher than what I've ended up.

Essentially the same sub performance as your team, but we are only ~11K different in overall rank :'(

Lowest score out of all the teams in the Top2k and 15th lowest score in the Top10k here. Even the ghostship teams outscored me. :$

Last edited:
We'll 2 bad rounds is better than 15 average ones like me obviously...🤔

Just think how high you'd be ranked if you didn't start that useless prick Cripps aswell!

Every year that I've played I've got at least 2-3 starting premo's wrong. I used to sideways them out when I first started playing but that would nearly always end up biting me on the arse later in the year when I'd run out of trades early and fade badly during SC finals. Then the last few years I've held my dud premo's all year, didn't run out of trades early and finished with pretty decent ranks...but not great ranks due to carrying said duds. It doesn't help matters when you don't nail all your Rd1 rookie selections and you end up using 3-4 early trades on rookie corrections which just means you have fewer trades to sideways/upgrade under performing premo's because there's never enough cash gen. I really need to nail those rookies picks one of these years and the rest will hopefully sort itself out.

Its called banter mate didnt think you'd take it to heart. Some supporters are so sensitive but what can ya do?

It's Bay13 style hang s**t on clubs & supporters of clubs you hate type of "banter" that has nothing to do with SC and has no business on the SC board.

Every year that I've played I've got at least 2-3 starting premo's wrong. I used to sideways them out when I first started playing but that would nearly always end up biting me on the arse later in the year when I'd run out of trades early and fade badly during SC finals. Then the last few years I've held my dud premo's all year, didn't run out of trades early and finished with pretty decent ranks...but not great ranks due to carrying said duds. It doesn't help matters when you don't nail all your Rd1 rookie selections and you end up using 3-4 early trades on rookie corrections which just means you have fewer trades to sideways/upgrade under performing premo's because there's never enough cash gen. I really need to nail those rookies picks one of these years and the rest will hopefully sort itself out.

I'm paying the price for starting Duggan and Degoey. Those 3 or 4 trades would be really handy right now. Just stupid picks. Definitely play it safer next year.

I can understand holding Cripps. I'd have thought he'd would have improved his output as the season went but just hasn't really happened.

I'm paying the price for starting Duggan and Degoey. Those 3 or 4 trades would be really handy right now. Just stupid picks. Definitely play it safer next year.

I can understand holding Cripps. I'd have thought he'd would have improved his output as the season went but just hasn't really happened.

I checked the SC scores late in the 2nd 1/4 and Cripps had only 1 CP at that time while Brissy reject Ben Keays had a game high 13 CPs says it all really. If he's not winning/dominating the contested ball he just can't score well enough. His best has been too few and far between this year. The goal in the clip was good but he doesn't do that enough.

It's Bay13 style hang sh*t on clubs & supporters of clubs you hate type of "banter" that has nothing to do with SC and has no business on the SC board.
So....'you'll win every game down there but choke the finals as usual at the G' with a smiley face after is just absolutely hanging s**t on a club I "hate"? Wow this woke generation is crazy soft. Im new to the forum mate and was posting in there all wknd so continued there.

I checked the SC scores late in the 2nd 1/4 and Cripps had only 1 CP at that time while Brissy reject Ben Keays had a game high 13 CPs says it all really. If he's not winning/dominating the contested ball he just can't score well enough. His best has been too few and far between this year. The goal in the clip was good but he doesn't do that enough.

Hey man stop trashing opposition players. That's unacceptable!

I am hoping the season is postponed on 2 fronts

We get more trades and it allows Port to get all of their players back from the injury list

Just keep your head down and focus.
No women or booze for the next 2 months.

I;ve put 10,000 fake interwebs bitcoinz things on you to win it all.

So....'you'll win every game down there but choke the finals as usual at the G' with a smiley face after is just absolutely hanging sh*t on a club I "hate"? Wow this woke generation is crazy soft. Im new to the forum mate and was posting in there all wknd so continued there.

lol I'm the opposite of "woke", kid.

That bolded comment is s**t bay13 style trolling that has nothing to do with SC. You're clearly someone alias account. What happened, was your priimary account banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back