Trent Cotchin…. Again

Remove this Banner Ad

His hand went to the football you "play the victim" handbagfans who are now trying to justify Selwood's fine for eye gouging a player by naturally going after a THREE PREMIERSHIP CAPTAIN COTCHIN!!

Cats and Hocking,handbag rules for handbag clubs!!

No (reasonable) Geelong supporter should be saying that selwood isn't a bit of a prick on field but let's not try to pretend that cotchin isn't one as well...

The difference is, people love Selwood for being tough and uncompromising yet Cotchin is treated like he is a sociopath

No (reasonable) Geelong supporter should be saying that selwood isn't a bit of a prick on field but let's not try to pretend that cotchin isn't one as well...
Selwood does dirty stuff, Cotchin is just plain hard at the ball. They're entirely different types of player. I'm more than happy with everything Cotchin does.

Clearly strikes the St Kilda player with a right hand.
Bout time that the MRO punishes this cheap sniping behaviour of Trent’s as he has a reputation for doing this

I know you don't like Cotchin or Richmond but that actions never going to be a report or looked at.

I know you don't like Cotchin or Richmond but that actions never going to be a report or looked at.
Cotchin knows the loopholes.

Ever noticed how he also regularly beats down on the opposition player who was not awarded the free kick? He does it consistently, knowing that it's only 50 if you do it to the guy who was actually awarded the free. If you do it to the poor unsuspecting bloke who just happens to be holding the ball after thr whistle blows - it's a free hit. Cotchin does this on a weekly basis.

He's one of the few guys in the game that genuinely tries to hurt the opposition.

Cotchin knows the loopholes.

Ever noticed how he also regularly beats down on the opposition player who was not awarded the free kick? He does it consistently, knowing that it's only 50 if you do it to the guy who was actually awarded the free. If you do it to the poor unsuspecting bloke who just happens to be holding the ball after thr whistle blows - it's a free hit. Cotchin does this on a weekly basis.

He's one of the few guys in the game that genuinely tries to hurt the opposition.
Yeh I won't deny that, he has manic attack on the ball and man, sometimes to the point of actions that are frowned upon, he's become a battering ram in recent years by any means necessary.

It's actually destroyed his body, physically he looks cooked.

It looks like he is trying to dislodge the ball with a firm swinging arm.

Plenty of tackles like this.

If there isn't a contact with the head it's not going to amount to anything at all
It's what he does after the stomach punch that worries me. Looks like rape.

Fancy this thread being started by a Geelong supporter.
Nothing there to even look at. Did the saints player get up holding his ribs?

A little tit for tat with the latest umbrage of Selwoods latest weak acts.

Poor attempt.

Yeh I won't deny that, he has manic attack on the ball and man, sometimes to the point of actions that are frowned upon, he's become a battering ram in recent years by any means necessary.

It's actually destroyed his body, physically he looks cooked.
I think most would say Cotchins attack on the man is much harder than the ball. Certainly knows how to avoid putting himself in a vulnerable position. Selwood on the other hand goes places Cotchin wouldn't go near.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most would say Cotchins attack on the man is much harder than the ball. Certainly knows how to avoid putting himself in a vulnerable position. Selwood on the other hand goes places Cotchin wouldn't go near.
Nah you've just lost credibility in my eyes. Cotch will hit the man hard and yep sometimes illegally or on the edge of the rules but will throw himself at anything (ball or man) and never takes a backwards step. He will attack the ball equally hard.

Last edited:
re: bolded… are you talking about the eyes of opposition players?
Selwood has certainly developed a nastier streak as he got older and not as capable as he was 5 or 6 years ago but he's been an incredibly courageous footballer over his career. Cotchin doesn't come close in that regard.

Selwood has certainly developed a nastier streak as he got older and not as capable as he was 5 or 6 years ago but he's been an incredibly courageous footballer over his career. Cotchin doesn't come close in that regard.
Not doubting you there, with regards to courage. But the gap between Selwood and Cotchin would only be 1% of the gap between Cotchin and yourself/myself. I’m pretty happy with Cotchin not being stupid courageous but being able to lead his team to three flags. Having done that I think it’s fair to say his done his job as well as anyone.

Their attack on the ball in the heat of games stands out more but I get where you're coming from

Remove this Banner Ad

Back