Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry haha. I still have high hopes for him.

Absolutely no need to apologise! You saw something you liked in his game and it could still be there. I was more surprised others were so willing to buy in without having seen anything from him themselves.

Last edited:
Absolutely no need to apologise! You saw something you liked in his game and it could still be there. I was mire surprised others were so willing to buy in without having seen anything from him themselves.
Plenty to like, but at 19, stll has lots of development left.

His leg speed isn't rapid so will get exposed at times but with ball in hand he has the ability and intent to open up play and hit the score board. Will take time but good signs early .

His leg speed isn't rapid so will get exposed at times but with ball in hand he has the ability and intent to open up play and hit the score board. Will take time but good signs early .

That is Probably why 1 of his ? marks at Draft time was his Defensive Game as he just does not have the Leg Speed to Apply Ton's of Pressure

Sorry haha. I still have high hopes for him.

I'm still optimistic. Has shown some really positive traits. Just too inconsistent in their delivery.

Bianco is the best midfielder Collingwood has drafted since Sidebottom in 2008.

Off limited viewing, I'd give that mantle from our recent draftees to McInnes. He just needs to get on the park. Beyond that, it becomes a bit subjective but I'd have thought JDG currently deserves that mantle, slightly ahead of Josh Daicos. Not too sure Bianco is even currently ahead of Poulter or either of the Browns.

Last edited:

I'm still on the fence. Certainly has some positive traits. Potentially a Mark Murphy type mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People so concerned about his leg speed.

How does he match up with Pendles/Sidey in terms of speed? Both never been renown for leg speed but disposal has always been top shelf

People so concerned about his leg speed.

How does he match up with Pendles/Sidey in terms of speed? Both never been renown for leg speed but disposal has always been top shelf

By eye about the same. Both Pendles and Sidey though have an elite trait to compensate for the lack of pace on top of that top shelf disposal. Pendles his spacial awareness and Steele his running capacity.

Does Bianco have that standout elite trait?
Not for mine or he’d have been drafted well before he got to our pick or it may take time for it to develop (think Lyons), but that still shouldn’t preclude him from having a long and successful career. It might just be more in the Maynard mould (in terms of quality) rather than a B&F/ AA level career.

Edit: I’m not concerned by the lack of pace. My approach to it is like the clubs you acknowledge it and work on other areas of his game.

Last edited:
By eye about the same. Both Pendles and Sidey though have an elite trait to compensate for the lack of pace on top of that top shelf disposal. Pendles his spacial awareness and Steele his running capacity.

Does Bianco have that standout elite trait?
Not for mine or he’d have been drafted well before he got to our pick or it may take time for it to develop (think Lyons), but that still shouldn’t preclude him from having a long and successful career. It might just be more in the Maynard mould (in terms of quality) rather than a B&F/ AA level career.

Edit: I’m not concerned by the lack of pace. My approach to it is like the clubs you acknowledge it and work on other areas of his game.

His kicking and decision-making by foot, at least by Collingwood standards, is trending towards elite.

And to be fair, Maynard was in the AA squad in 2020 and desperately unlucky to make the team, IMO. If Bianco becomes a player of his quality, Collingwood would be doing backflips.

Off limited viewing, I'd give that mantle from our recent draftees to McInnes. He just needs to get on the park. Beyond that, it becomes a bit subjective but I'd have thought JDG currently deserves that mantle, slightly ahead of Josh Daicos. Not too sure Bianco is even currently ahead of Poulter or either of the Browns.
How can you put Reef ahead of Trent, when one has played a handful of AFL games and the other hasn't?

I'm all for optimism, but this is an outrageous call.

How can you put Reef ahead of Trent, when one has played a handful of AFL games and the other hasn't?

I'm all for optimism, but this is an outrageous call.
You’re not coming from a position of strength when identifying outrageous calls.

You’re not coming from a position of strength when identifying outrageous calls.
At least I have made calls based on exposed form.

- Bianco, Poulter, McCreery will make the grade
- Henry, Mcrae, Lynch wont
- Reef's an unknown.

So far, only Lynch has come close to proving that wrong... and he got dropped the next week

You've just put Reef to the top of that list and the bloke hasnt even stepped foot into an AFL game. Not saying he cant, but theres no form.

At least I have made calls based on exposed form.

- Bianco, Poulter, McCreery will make the grade
- Henry, Mcrae, Lynch wont
- Reef's an unknown.

So far, only Lynch has come close to proving that wrong... and he got dropped the next week

You've just put Reef to the top of that list and the bloke hasnt even stepped foot into an AFL game. Not saying he cant, but theres no form.
When you make a call on a player in their first year you are wasting everyone’s time.
To put a line through Henry and McCrae is silly, and appears to be little more than grandstanding on your part.

When you make a call on a player in their first year you are wasting everyone’s time.
To put a line through Henry and McCrae is silly, and appears to be little more than grandstanding on your part.
When you make a call on a player who has not yet played an AFL game, yet alone a game for the club, you're wasting everyone's time.

See how it works both ways...

When you make a call on a player who has not yet played an AFL game, yet alone a game for the club, you're wasting everyone's time.

See how it works both ways...
Certainly can. So why do either?

Certainly can. So why do either?
Ask yourself?

I'm comfortable to defend my position as exposed form doesn't bode well for any of the blokes who I have said wont make it, throw Rantall into that list too. There's tangible evidence that I can point to for each of the players & I'm more than happy to be proved wrong.

All you can point to is what I'm presuming as some VFL form, which is wildly different and as you said, all for a bloke that cant get on the park...

Ask yourself?

I'm comfortable to defend my position as exposed form doesn't bode well for any of the blokes who I have said wont make it, throw Rantall into that list too. There's tangible evidence that I can point to for each of the players & I'm more than happy to be proved wrong.

All you can point to is what I'm presuming as some VFL form, which is wildly different and as you said, all for a bloke that cant get on the park...
I reckon you’re just trying to appear like you know something. But hey, have fun with it.

And I reckon you're a coward who can't defend their position - But hey, its all fun and games
I don’t really have a position on Bianco, at least not definitive. Like most supporters, I love his background of being a tragic like us. His size and pace concern me, but that is offset by his disposal.
Am I willing to say he will be a star? No.
Am I will to say he will be a 200 game player? No.
Am I willing to say he will be a five year player? No.
Am I will to say he will be better than McCrae, Rantall et al. - No.
Am I pleased by his season to date? Yes.
Do I have hope for the future? Yes.

Like I said, putting a line through young players, or proclaiming them as the next Sam Mitchell is foolish, and just comes off as grandstanding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back