Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why Bianco is getting such a negative review here looks very promising and nails clutch shots when it matters. Such high standards on here nowadays and writing of blokes that missed a whole year of footy last year this place is going nuts.

I think most are still bullish. Only a few rare people have somehow found enough evidence to write him off. Most astute judges would probably be more forgiving. People probably would have written off Dane Swan too. Football has a way of making premature calls look diabolically dumb. We may see this happen with a few of our young players.

At least I have made calls based on exposed form.

- Bianco, Poulter, McCreery will make the grade
- Henry, Mcrae, Lynch wont
- Reef's an unknown.

So far, only Lynch has come close to proving that wrong... and he got dropped the next week

You've just put Reef to the top of that list and the bloke hasnt even stepped foot into an AFL game. Not saying he cant, but theres no form.

This says much more about you than it ever could about Jmac! I mean making calls on 18yo’s after less than 10 matches against senior bodies after a COVID year in Vic must make you some type of football savant…

This says much more about you than it ever could about Jmac! I mean making calls on 18yo’s after less than 10 matches against senior bodies after a COVID year in Vic must make you some type of football savant…
I think it's fair enough to make a call of sorts on 18 year olds, or untried players, such as Wilson, Keane and Tohil. The way i look at it is purely based on my opinion of their ability and their potential. If you get that part right, the rest is up to the player to try to achieve that potential. So when i say I love the look of Macrae, McInness, Henry, Ginnivan, Rantall and Tohil it just means from exposed VFL form, I think they have a high ceiling and have the potential to make the grade. Bianco belongs in that group, but i wouldnt single him out as superior to that group because he played a couple of good games. Games in winning teams where he wasnt put under undue pressure. He seems no better than the guys i mentioned so i rank him simply as potentially good.

I think it's fair enough to make a call of sorts on 18 year olds, or untried players, such as Wilson, Keane and Tohil. The way i look at it is purely based on my opinion of their ability and their potential. If you get that part right, the rest is up to the player to try to achieve that potential. So when i say I love the look of Macrae, McInness, Henry, Ginnivan, Rantall and Tohil it just means from exposed VFL form, I think they have a high ceiling and have the potential to make the grade. Bianco belongs in that group, but i wouldnt single him out as superior to that group because he played a couple of good games. Games in winning teams where he wasnt put under undue pressure. He seems no better than the guys i mentioned so i rank him simply as potentially good.

Anyone prepared to make any type of long term call on guys that have as little exposure as our national draft group of 2020 has NFI.

Last edited:
In grammar and semantics, modality refers to linguistic devices that indicate the degree to which an observation is possible, probable, likely, certain, permitted, or prohibited. In English, these notions are commonly (though not exclusively) expressed by modal auxiliaries, such as can, might, should, and will
Yes, I know.

Anyone prepared to make any type of long term call on guys that have as little exposure as our national draft group of 2020 has NFI.
Well that's what recruiters do when they pick players on draft night. Make a call. It really isnt that hard to make a call on players' potential. I dont think the Pies can afford to keep all its younger players next year. Will need to delist a couple at least, and from what I've seen, i believe it is likely to be Wilson and Chugg. I'm making a call that all the other players deserve more time. NFI perhaps. Will see in time.

Well that's what recruiters do when they pick players on draft night. Make a call. It really isnt that hard to make a call on players' potential. I dont think the Pies can afford to keep all its younger players next year. Will need to delist a couple at least, and from what I've seen, i believe it is likely to be Wilson and Chugg. I'm making a call that all the other players deserve more time. NFI perhaps. Will see in time.
nope, don't see why we would have to delist any of them. Just need 3 list spots for the draft. We have 1 already. Cox/Tohil/Maybe Wilson/Lynch may get offers elsewhere.

Off limited viewing, I'd give that mantle from our recent draftees to McInnes. He just needs to get on the park. Beyond that, it becomes a bit subjective but I'd have thought JDG currently deserves that mantle, slightly ahead of Josh Daicos. Not too sure Bianco is even currently ahead of Poulter or either of the Browns.
I haven't seen McInnes to comment. Fair comment re JDG, but he’s bloody taken his sweet ass time getting there. Daicos is another solid one.

From what I’ve seen so far, Bianco is head and shoulders above the rest of the ones you mentioned. Brown x2 and Poulter may become great, but Bianco has shown he is going to be next level with some of his midfield traits.

I haven't seen McInnes to comment. Fair comment re JDG, but he’s bloody taken his sweet ass time getting there. Daicos is another solid one.

From what I’ve seen so far, Bianco is head and shoulders above the rest of the ones you mentioned. Brown x2 and Poulter may become great, but Bianco has shown he is going to be next level with some of his midfield traits.

I would not go that far and say Bianco is a Guaranteed Gun quite yet

I don’t really have a position on Bianco, at least not definitive. Like most supporters, I love his background of being a tragic like us. His size and pace concern me, but that is offset by his disposal.
Am I willing to say he will be a star? No.
Am I will to say he will be a 200 game player? No.
Am I willing to say he will be a five year player? No.
Am I will to say he will be better than McCrae, Rantall et al. - No.
Am I pleased by his season to date? Yes.
Do I have hope for the future? Yes.

Like I said, putting a line through young players, or proclaiming them as the next Sam Mitchell is foolish, and just comes off as grandstanding.
I’m willing to say he’ll be a star 200 gamer. (injuries permitting)

He is one of the more exciting Collingwood draftees I’ve seen in a long time.

I would not go that far and say Bianco is a Guaranteed Gun quite yet
I’ve seen enough, TD. I rate Poulter and McCreery but I’m not as sold on them as much as I am on Bianco.

PS: I rate Poulter and McCreery highly.

PSS: I think it’s become evident how big a rap I’ve got on Bianco.

I’ve seen enough, TD. I rate Poulter and McCreery but I’m not as sold on them as much as I am on Bianco.

PS: I rate Poulter and McCreery highly.

PSS: I think it’s become evident how big a rap I’ve got on Bianco.

That is Fine you Rate Him Very Highly.

I rate Bianco Highly but I don't quite get the IT Factor I have with Poulter that I not quite get with Bianco.

That is just my Thoughts and how I Feel and It's far from a Certainty

nope, don't see why we would have to delist any of them. Just need 3 list spots for the draft. We have 1 already. Cox/Tohil/Maybe Wilson/Lynch may get offers elsewhere.
If possible, trading Cox would be a bonus for us. Dont think there will be any interest in Wilson, but if there is, trade and if not delist. Would like to hold onto Tohil and Lynch. I will be disappointed if Tohil is not on the senior list next year. And Chugg would need to show a bit in the coming VFL to retain his spot. I do think this year we need to turnover the list a bit and sometimes you have to drop a younger player to bring in someone who may be better suited for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If possible, trading Cox would be a bonus for us. Dont think there will be any interest in Wilson, but if there is, trade and if not delist. Would like to hold onto Tohil and Lynch. I will be disappointed if Tohil is not on the senior list next year. And Chugg would need to show a bit in the coming VFL to retain his spot. I do think this year we need to turnover the list a bit and sometimes you have to drop a younger player to bring in someone who may be better suited for us.
I think he has shown enough for another year. Playing in a tough and competitive position in this team, at 19, has plenty of development left.

I think if a club comes along that will offer Lynch more opportunity at senior level, he would be silly not to take it. He clearly knows he is good enough now to go against some of the better opposition.

So Tohil who has been on the list for 3 years yet not debuted deserves another contract but a kid thats had limited footy development in the last year doesn't? That doesn't make any sense.
We talk about pace, and he has it. I think he deserves another contract, and on a rookie list, its not costing much at all.

I think he has shown enough for another year. Playing in a tough and competitive position in this team, at 19, has plenty of development left.

I think if a club comes along that will offer Lynch more opportunity at senior level, he would be silly not to take it. He clearly knows he is good enough now to go against some of the better opposition.

So Tohil who has been on the list for 3 years yet not debuted deserves another contract but a kid thats had limited footy development in the last year doesn't? That doesn't make any sense.
We talk about pace, and he has it. I think he deserves another contract, and on a rookie list, its not costing much at all.
Yeah... Chugg is a tough call... Could keep him if they think he will develop. Maybe I haven't seen enough of Chugg to make the right call. But I see more upside in Tohil. If we don't offer Tohil a senior spot he will get offers elsewhere. I think now is the perfect time to give Tohil a game as CHB or intercept defender.

Like to keep Lynch as backup for Grundy. Lynch is a nice tap ruckman and still young enough to serve an apprenticeship to Grundy next year.

Like to keep Lynch as backup for Grundy. Lynch is a nice tap ruckman and still young enough to serve an apprenticeship to Grundy next year.
I'd like to keep him too. But in the end, it'll be up to him if he is willing to wait until grundy gets injured, otherwise he will have to work on his forward craft so he can play forward to get more games.

Recruiters have experience and knowledge and are paid for their success, you have zero specialized knowledge making a call with no skin in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really like what I’m seeing in Bianco, especially given the hiccup of last year. He has some innate footballing qualities that can’t be taught. Gets in the right places, steps up and takes shots on goal, doesn’t waste his possessions. He may not display all this every week, but he will over time. For a guy with only a handful of games, it’s hard not to be excited. His history of captaining the Chargers to a flag is handy too.

The only knock you could have on Bianco is his height and lack of pace.

Clean hands
Proficient on both feet
Good in traffic
Runs to the right spots
Solid set shot
Can kick the ball 50+

Barring injury I'll eat my hat if he doesn't play 150+

The only knock you could have on Bianco is his height and lack of pace.

Clean hands
Proficient on both feet
Good in traffic
Runs to the right spots
Solid set shot
Can kick the ball 50+

Barring injury I'll eat my hat if he doesn't play 150+

His height is not a weakness for a mid. 188cm (6’2) is a good height (same height as DeGoey, and Kennedy from Syd). By comparison, ball winners Merrett and Parish are like 179-180cm.

His height is not a weakness for a mid. 188cm (6’2) is a good height (same height as DeGoey, and Kennedy from Syd). By comparison, ball winners Merrett and Parish are like 179-180cm.
I think the 188cm height listing is wrong. I think he's 180cm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back