Not open for further replies.

Sammoll

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne City FC, Southampton FC

Will be interesting to refer back to this at the end of the week and see how close to 25,000 the crowd is. Hopefully after what happened last week people are less inclined to a redeem a ticket they never intend on using.

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
Damn I was gonna go. Looks like they did not increase the capacity

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Damn I was gonna go. Looks like they did not increase the capacity
Yep, there’s no reason why capacity wasn’t increased this week. The murmuring last week was we‘d expect to go higher this week.

I get the feeling the lack of genuine blockbuster status of any of these matches has meant authorities (AFL/MCC) haven’t been campaigning hard for an increase and thus the medical / political bodies haven’t bothered to act on minimal pressure.

Cant help but think if the Geelong V Essendon game was scheduled for the MCG it would’ve been lifted with external pressure on authorities to further relax given no further community transmission.

It should’ve gone to at least 50,000 this week. Doesn’t make any sense given the stabilisation of the outbreak. Needlessly overly conservative medical bureaucrats results in further financial hits to clubs and inability for fans to attend. That’s the world we live in unfortunately.

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Yep, there’s no reason why capacity wasn’t increased this week. The murmuring last week was we‘d expect to go higher this week.

I get the feeling the lack of genuine blockbuster status of any of these matches has meant authorities (AFL/MCC) haven’t been campaigning hard for an increase and thus the medical / political bodies haven’t bothered to act on minimal pressure.

Cant help but think if the Geelong V Essendon game was scheduled for the MCG it would’ve been lifted with external pressure on authorities to further relax given no further community transmission.

It should’ve gone to 50,000 this week. Doesn’t make any sense. That’s the world we live in unfortunately.
yep <20,000 for Essendon Geelong isn't ideal and Collingwood St Kilda would've got more than 25k as evident by it getting sold out.

magic_johnson!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
London
AFL Club
Geelong
B563712F-5116-4D52-8F6E-FD351C5BAD00.jpeg
Pretty good from the social media team

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Looks like a horrible crowd tonight
<5k

Wonder if Richmond members had access?

The Tilt

All Australian
Oct 12, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
The references you refer to are not included as part of the total number. Furthermore Carlton, Essendon and Collingwood are the only 3 clubs that have been number 1,2 and 3 for the longest sustained period. This surprised me as I thought West Coast and Richmond would be up there for all their success they had eg finals grand finals etc...

Can I suggest someone start a separate "big 4 d!ck swinging" thread? The general crowds and ratings thread is getting a little clogged up.

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Why? NONE of the matches have had anywhere 25,000 so far and less than 10,000 last night at Marvel for a match that Richmond was supposed to win easily!
Melbourne Essendon would've had more last week

This week
Geelong Essendon would be full if allowed and Collingwood St Kilda has sold out twice

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Does that 25K limit include most of if not all of the corporate seating?

Dogs North has sold out on level 1 and 2 and is about to sell out on level 3 but I bet come Sunday we don’t get over 18,000.

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
The Suns would’ve drawn more than this at Metricon ;)

First time in our history we’ve been able to say that about a game vs a Melbourne club 😂

Lol no you wouldn't thats factually wrong!!! Last night you literally had 50-100 people there!!!
When teams play you guys at Metricon they get a few thousand of their own supporters, which helps bump up your already low attendances.

Your Metricon games this year!

6K V North (Saturday)
11K V blues (Saturday)
9K V Swans (Saturday)
9K V Saints (Saturday)
12K V Lions (Saturday)
7K V Power (Saturday)

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Lol no you wouldn't thats factually wrong!!! Last night you literally had 50-100 people there!!!
When teams play you guys at Metricon they get a few thousand of their own supporters, which helps bump up your already low attendances.

Your Metricon games this year!

6K V North (Saturday)
11K V blues (Saturday)
9K V Swans (Saturday)
9K V Saints (Saturday)
12K V Lions (Saturday)
7K V Power (Saturday)

Gold Coast's drawing power at home has nothing to do with how many supporters they get to a Thursday night game interstate when borders are shut.

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Why? NONE of the matches have had anywhere 25,000 so far and less than 10,000 last night at Marvel for a match that Richmond was supposed to win easily!
Another Zero dsy today. If they don’t increase it to 75% next week with perhaps a 50,000 limit at the MCG it’s a disgrace. There’s no logical reason to not move on crowds in Victoria next week other than overly cautious bureaucrats who don’t have a sense of reality and understanding of what people are going through.

It’s about time the AFL and it’s stakeholders start to influence next weeks outcomes rather than being told what to do and being complicit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back