No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure. St Kilda maybe?

Midway through the nine-game losing streak, Cook approached Hocking with an unusual proposal. Uncle Ben’s, the parent company of cat food label Whiskas at the time, would provide a financial incentive for the club if a Cats player was willing to change his name to “Whiskas” for one game. Hocking agreed to the offer and changed his name by deed-poll to "Whiskas" for one week. He announced this on The Footy Show.[citation needed] The incident was met with mixed reaction in the football world.[3] When asked about his publicity stunt, Hocking commented:

I see it as a great thing for the footy club and Whiskas. It is just a light-hearted thing and from a commercial point of view to help get the club out of strife.[5]
The AFL refused to acknowledge Hocking's name change and continued to use his original name on team lists. The League's reasoning was that the name change, although temporary, threatened to bring the game into disrepute.[5] Geelong ended up losing the upcoming match against Richmond, and Hocking was off the field injured by three-quarter time,[3] but the financial incentive, which has to date not been publicly disclosed, went some way to helping the club's financial situation.

I must have missed something. What did Dermie say?

Said the rules and umps are out of control, confusing to watch and SHocking is out of his depth coz Gil has given him the keys to the entire game when there should be more people working on all the stuff he works on

Said the rules and umps are out of control, confusing to watch and SHocking is out of his depth coz Gil has given him the keys to the entire game when there should be more people working on all the stuff he works on
Bravo, Dermott. Nice to know that not everyone in the media is a moronic, sycophantic yes man to the AFL.

It just underlines how appallingly run the league is. Especially in the one area that should just be left alone: the game.

Midway through the nine-game losing streak, Cook approached Hocking with an unusual proposal. Uncle Ben’s, the parent company of cat food label Whiskas at the time, would provide a financial incentive for the club if a Cats player was willing to change his name to “Whiskas” for one game. Hocking agreed to the offer and changed his name by deed-poll to "Whiskas" for one week. He announced this on The Footy Show.[citation needed] The incident was met with mixed reaction in the football world.[3] When asked about his publicity stunt, Hocking commented:

The AFL refused to acknowledge Hocking's name change and continued to use his original name on team lists. The League's reasoning was that the name change, although temporary, threatened to bring the game into disrepute.[5] Geelong ended up losing the upcoming match against Richmond, and Hocking was off the field injured by three-quarter time,[3] but the financial incentive, which has to date not been publicly disclosed, went some way to helping the club's financial situation.

I stand corrected. Funnily enough, I remembered Hocking's ridiculous name change, but completely forgot that it was against us.

I must have missed something. What did Dermie say?
Called out hocking and the rule changes, saying they make the game unwatchable, vale dermie

One of the refs in the Euros has been suspended from refereeing anymore matches in the tournament after a he made a s**t penalty decision.

When an ump gets a horrible game costing decision wrong multiple times a season or is just a really s**t umpire (deboy) the AFL does * all and fines any coach or player that speaks up.

Amateur organisation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the refs in the Euros has been suspended from refereeing anymore matches in the tournament after a he made a sh*t penalty decision.

When an ump gets a horrible game costing decision wrong multiple times a season or is just a really sh*t umpire (deboy) the AFL does fu** all and fines any coach or player that speaks up.

Amateur organisation.
Totally Amatuer , but I would go further, betting and match fixing

There's plenty that still don't get pinged for the over the head throwball. The Dogs, Cats, Godeees and Lions all do it.

And I don't mind a lopsided free kick count, just so long as it's accurate. An even count doesn't equate to correct decisions.
To me it's not the free kicks that we concede - if that's our style of footy and it's won us three flags then so be it. My issue is with the free kicks that we don't get awarded. That is, for the most part, disparate of our game style but dependent on our opponents. And what we're seeing is that our opponents consistently concede less free kicks when playing Richmond than they do against their usual game average. Meteoric Rise did a great post about it a week or two back and used the actual data to hit the nail on the head.

Correction to the tweet, one plays for Geelol
To be honest, we don't want the Geelong players rubbed out this week - we need them at their best to take care of the Bombers. We're a bigger probability of losing our spot in the Top 8 than we are of aspiring to be in the Top 4.

One of the refs in the Euros has been suspended from refereeing anymore matches in the tournament after a he made a sh*t penalty decision.

When an ump gets a horrible game costing decision wrong multiple times a season or is just a really sh*t umpire (deboy) the AFL does fu** all and fines any coach or player that speaks up.

Amateur organisation.
That’s coz the umps are following the narrative which we all know is Richmond have won too many. But also that Melbourne desperately need to win one.

Did you see the reaming Essendon copped last week. Funny as * because we hate them but there’s a narrative of what needs to happen.

That’s coz the umps are following the narrative which we all know is Richmond have won too many. But also that Melbourne desperately need to win one.

Did you see the reaming Essendon copped last week. Funny as fu** because we hate them but there’s a narrative of what needs to happen.
Match Fixing

To me it's not the free kicks that we concede - if that's our style of footy and it's won us three flags then so be it. My issue is with the free kicks that we don't get awarded. That is, for the most part, disparate of our game style but dependent on our opponents. And what we're seeing is that our opponents consistently concede less free kicks when playing Richmond than they do against their usual game average. Meteoric Rise did a great post about it a week or two back and used the actual data to hit the nail on the head.

To be honest, we don't want the Geelong players rubbed out this week - we need them at their best to take care of the Bombers. We're a bigger probability of losing our spot in the Top 8 than we are of aspiring to be in the Top 4.

there is an aggenda, the head of umpires quit citing interference from the GM of Football, umpires are supposed to be impartial and nuetral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back