Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A great achievement despite being 18th on the ladder but playing in many ways like a side between 12th to 16th on the ladder.
What would be in the best interest of the club is do is publish the numbers per catogory and work on the proviso to up the members in certain categories for next season.
EG:Reserve seat ticket holders I’m sick of other clubs supporters sitting in our areas.
Need to be pushing 50k in the membership race with hopefully about %25 increase in reserve seat ticket holders maybe we can do what the USA are doing with Corvid off supporters Krishby cream donuts or joints what ever you prefer to get reserve seat ticket holders.

travelli

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will probably win our first wooden spoon in nearly 50 years, yet we break our membership record. Quite an amazing feat.

Suggests there are a lot of supporters out there who see blue skies ahead, with a (potentially) successful squad forming and a club well lead by an intelligent, articulate coach, his staff and a progressive administration team.

Seriously, you'd have to be a bit of a dickhead not to like the direction we are heading. :)
It's astonishing.

Can you imagine another club bottoming out like this and yet getting their highest membership ever??

There could be no higher confirmation that the fans are on board with the direction.

Thanks!
But is there anyone on here who isn’t signed up? ;)
Shouldn’t be allowed to post on here, or at least some threads, if you’re not.
They may not have through financial reasons, I’m just hoping we build on it next year

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nice result - great work. But I'd love to see the membership dollar income. Is that published for each club?

I certainly think there’s some window dressing on this. But it’s still a great result in the financial climate we find ourselves in and our ladder position/prospects of winning.

I certainly think there’s some window dressing on this. But it’s still a great result in the financial climate we find ourselves in and our ladder position/prospects of winning.
It’s great propaganda but they should release full membership numbers along with retention stats

You can say what you like about 3 game memberships or whatever.

From where we have come from in 2007 to be on the verge of being shunted off to the Gold Coast to now having virtually no debt, a fully renovated Arden Street and to finally be bottoming out when we weren't able to financially for so long this is an amazing achievement.

We are heading completely in the right direction and it honestly brings a tear to the eye how proud we all should feel that we have got here.

Well all that are members anyway.

now we just need to boost attendance at games. We're currently worst average by a big margin compared to other teams.
This is a problem, we get the same 15-20k turn up, and the rest are opposition supporters. Even for the bigger games, I don't really see more of our supporters in attendance, it's just more opposition fans.

We might have 45k members but I think a lot of us have multiple memberships for our pets.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So we can put the whole "woke agenda" is costing us members line to bed.
The club greases the wheels by engaging local and state government, thats why we are firmly entrenched in the inner city precinct and our counterparts have moved to dingley and the airport

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sensational result - no question. Great base to build on for 2022. I'm curious how membership dollars stack up club by club averaged to membership numbers. Some of the huge numbers for example - what is paid on average?

Back