No Oppo Supporters The Positivity Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He's had a complete turnaround. He's gone from being nearly universally criticised by the fans, delist material to now being loved by fans, playing every game and playing the best football he's played in his whole career. He's in career best form for mine.
One of his main weakness was picking up below the knees...the old fumble!
Essendon fans rated that as his biggest flaw when he came to us

Used to fumble regularly then but has got better at that side of his game each year
Has been so clean this year and his disposal has been great as well

Would only give him a one year contract tho...maybe he plays better knowing he has to perform
Well done Trav..

One of his main weakness was picking up below the knees...the old fumble!
Essendon fans rated that as his biggest flaw when he came to us

Used to fumble regularly then but has got better at that side of his game each year
Has been so clean this year and his disposal has been great as well

Would only give him a one year contract tho...maybe he plays better knowing he has to perform
Well done Trav..

I’d normally say he deserves 2 years but I think we’ve got a lot of young guys competing for the same spot and at the age 1 year is about right.
Feels harsh given his performance … but I’m with you.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's had a complete turnaround. He's gone from being nearly universally criticised by the fans, delist material to now being loved by fans, playing every game and playing the best football he's played in his whole career. He's in career best form for mine.

Maybe part of his improvement is due to the coaching group letting him play to his strengths. Run fast & long, create space, connect plays, precise passes.

He is actually a good leader, tutoring the whippersnappers during the game.

Trav is an interesting one because they say when you watch him train he has the best skills you'll ever see and never misses a target, but he doesn't replicate it on game day. He didn't utilise his pace enough and has seemed to find the confidence to do that, maybe we'll start to see these skills as he gains more confidence? or maybe not, but it's an exciting thought

Trav is an interesting one because they say when you watch him train he has the best skills you'll ever see and never misses a target, but he doesn't replicate it on game day. He didn't utilise his pace enough and has seemed to find the confidence to do that, maybe we'll start to see these skills as he gains more confidence? or maybe not, but it's an exciting thought
He has already had plenty of really good inside 50's/field kicks to that level so far this season IMO, people seem to just write it off because he was a whipping boy though.

Colyer has improved because he's started using his pace as a weapon. His acceleration is incredible. Have no idea why we haven't seen that until recently? Coaching? Confidence?

Trav had a year or so at the Bombers where he was really, really goo, then he copped a bad injury and kinda wasn't anymore if my memory serves.

I like what he's doing at the moment anyway

My life has been quite hard. And right now I have a very difficult passage to traverse, all because of one person's hellbent focus on causing destruction and unhappiness. Trying to come between me and a loved one, trying to ruin me. But that's not how the story goes, for I won't let it....

You see, us Freo fans - we're made of some mighty stuff, some undeniable force that keeps us going when all feels like it should be caving in. We don't ever quit because we want to believe, believe that one day we will know what it feels like to lift that cup and be crowned the Premiers.

And you see selfish, ungrateful fans saying burn their cups, return them to whence they came. Such loathsome attitudes.

I remember watching United win the treble in 1999, winning that year's hampions Lewague against Bayern Munich. I was a big footy/soccer fan back in those days, back in the UK - I knew nothing of AFL and the 'Aussie way' Everything about that day was perfect, from the way the sun felt on my back taking my dog for a walk to other things; synchronicity just played its part. I felt it, it was in the air. There's an energy force that you can't see, but you just know when it's "your time". So when they went down 1-0 early and it got to the last few minutes, I was dejected......it wasn't going to happen, all the signs were there but I'd been fooled. Then the magic happened and I was taught a very humble lesson.......when you know, you know. It happens because for whatever reason, it's destiny's way.

Well, many years on I'm tired and browbeaten and at times, very lost. But I never give up, I never give up on anything I believe in. And I believe that Freo will do this, one day...maybe in the not too distant future, I believe. It burns so bad I can almost taste it. Feel it in my bones. I would have jumped ship well before this year, trust. But I kept on that boat, because I know where it sails.

Do you understand how good it will feel jumping around wherever you will be, hugging complete strangers or loved ones; feeling a sense of euphoria unlike no other. Knowing that this club unlike those before it had to fight tooth and nail to conqueror all odds and rise to the summit. It will far surpass any of the times I watched United, in another life become champions of their sport. It's become such an integral part of who I am, an actual lifeforce.

I don't post on here much because I struggle. I struggle with a mental illness and feeling of isolation, of not fitting in....every single day. I have little family support and no friends here, no one 'in the flesh' friends, I mean. So it's hard, but it's not how I want things to be.

I am not here to blather my 'sob story' and seek attention through means of pity or otherwise. I am here to tell you that as long as I draw breath on this goddamn plane I'm gonna keep on believing, keep on fighting. I came to Australia in 2007, I came to be with someone who became my wife who has had everything hideous and heinous that life could possibly throw at her and has conquered and lived to tell the tale. I am immensely proud to be her husband, even though I don't always behave accordingly. I came not knowing who this Fremantle football club was, I knew nothing of AFL and that I would stumble into being a fan. I would never change any of that, I am Freo til I die as they say. They will fulfill their prophecy. I believe it with my all heart. I know it.....it's coming.

So remember this. When you want to throw in the towel, when you think you're done and "burn this club to the ground/fold the club" and whatever other charming diatribe you feel in anger whenever they lose, it's because deep down, you care, it's because deep down inside it burns in you too, the emotion....the thought of the ultimate victory - you want to believe and you will come back for more. You won't ever give in, and you will feel no emotion as great as in that moment when you know that despite the AFL's best intentions we reached that f***ing summit and planted our flag and yelled our victory yawp at the top of our voices!! We are going to do it. It hurts because '26 years of mediocrity' is just a frightened response to not knowing what it really feels like to have achieved the ultimate. And I know, footy; sports....they're not the most important things in life, there's more to life than sport. Well, maybe so...but many of us live vicariously through people who go out each week and combat for us, fight for us in our corner. These guys play an incredibly brutal and vicious, physical sport......we need to fight in their corner too with our impassioned cries and hunger. We need to find that harmony and balance together. DO YOU BELIEVE?!?! Maybe you don't, because you're scared. Well guess what, I've been scared too - and I've found many ways to hide myself away from life when I needed to. But this time it's different. This time I can feel it again. I know the signs. I know what's coming...

So strap yourselves in, it's going to be a bumpy ride......but it's coming, I can promise you. And it will blow your tiny minds. One for the ages when they declare the Fremantle football club Premiers for the first time in their history........what a feeling.

Start believing ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said something like "I can make all your dreams come true"

And she said "How so?"

And then I had 'technical' difficulties.
We have some hot chicks in the footy media supporting us. Kath Loughnan, Neroli Meadows and Abbey Gelmi (who is rumoured to be dating Richmonds Kane Lambert) are all Freo fans 😍

We have some hot chicks in the footy media supporting us. Kath Loughnan, Neroli Meadows and Abbey Gelmi (who is rumoured to be dating Richmonds Kane Lambert) are all Freo fans 😍
grady wolf or whatever her name is the model/journo is freo too

My life has been quite hard. And right now I have a very difficult passage to traverse, all because of one person's hellbent focus on causing destruction and unhappiness. Trying to come between me and a loved one, trying to ruin me. But that's not how the story goes, for I won't let it....

You see, us Freo fans - we're made of some mighty stuff, some undeniable force that keeps us going when all feels like it should be caving in. We don't ever quit because we want to believe, believe that one day we will know what it feels like to lift that cup and be crowned the Premiers.

And you see selfish, ungrateful fans saying burn their cups, return them to whence they came. Such loathsome attitudes.

I remember watching United win the treble in 1999, winning that year's hampions Lewague against Bayern Munich. I was a big footy/soccer fan back in those days, back in the UK - I knew nothing of AFL and the 'Aussie way' Everything about that day was perfect, from the way the sun felt on my back taking my dog for a walk to other things; synchronicity just played its part. I felt it, it was in the air. There's an energy force that you can't see, but you just know when it's "your time". So when they went down 1-0 early and it got to the last few minutes, I was dejected......it wasn't going to happen, all the signs were there but I'd been fooled. Then the magic happened and I was taught a very humble lesson.......when you know, you know. It happens because for whatever reason, it's destiny's way.

Well, many years on I'm tired and browbeaten and at times, very lost. But I never give up, I never give up on anything I believe in. And I believe that Freo will do this, one day...maybe in the not too distant future, I believe. It burns so bad I can almost taste it. Feel it in my bones. I would have jumped ship well before this year, trust. But I kept on that boat, because I know where it sails.

Do you understand how good it will feel jumping around wherever you will be, hugging complete strangers or loved ones; feeling a sense of euphoria unlike no other. Knowing that this club unlike those before it had to fight tooth and nail to conqueror all odds and rise to the summit. It will far surpass any of the times I watched United, in another life become champions of their sport. It's become such an integral part of who I am, an actual lifeforce.

I don't post on here much because I struggle. I struggle with a mental illness and feeling of isolation, of not fitting in....every single day. I have little family support and no friends here, no one 'in the flesh' friends, I mean. So it's hard, but it's not how I want things to be.

I am not here to blather my 'sob story' and seek attention through means of pity or otherwise. I am here to tell you that as long as I draw breath on this goddamn plane I'm gonna keep on believing, keep on fighting. I came to Australia in 2007, I came to be with someone who became my wife who has had everything hideous and heinous that life could possibly throw at her and has conquered and lived to tell the tale. I am immensely proud to be her husband, even though I don't always behave accordingly. I came not knowing who this Fremantle football club was, I knew nothing of AFL and that I would stumble into being a fan. I would never change any of that, I am Freo til I die as they say. They will fulfill their prophecy. I believe it with my all heart. I know it.....it's coming.

So remember this. When you want to throw in the towel, when you think you're done and "burn this club to the ground/fold the club" and whatever other charming diatribe you feel in anger whenever they lose, it's because deep down, you care, it's because deep down inside it burns in you too, the emotion....the thought of the ultimate victory - you want to believe and you will come back for more. You won't ever give in, and you will feel no emotion as great as in that moment when you know that despite the AFL's best intentions we reached that f***ing summit and planted our flag and yelled our victory yawp at the top of our voices!! We are going to do it. It hurts because '26 years of mediocrity' is just a frightened response to not knowing what it really feels like to have achieved the ultimate. And I know, footy; sports....they're not the most important things in life, there's more to life than sport. Well, maybe so...but many of us live vicariously through people who go out each week and combat for us, fight for us in our corner. These guys play an incredibly brutal and vicious, physical sport......we need to fight in their corner too with our impassioned cries and hunger. We need to find that harmony and balance together. DO YOU BELIEVE?!?! Maybe you don't, because you're scared. Well guess what, I've been scared too - and I've found many ways to hide myself away from life when I needed to. But this time it's different. This time I can feel it again. I know the signs. I know what's coming...

So strap yourselves in, it's going to be a bumpy ride......but it's coming, I can promise you. And it will blow your tiny minds. One for the ages when they declare the Fremantle football club Premiers for the first time in their history........what a feeling.

Start believing ;)

I genuinely love this post. I hope things improve on the personal situation mate but you're 100% right. Even if we've all become jaded and bitter, this is what we're all here for.

Cracking stuff :thumbsu:

One hundred points scored fpr the first time in two seasons. Seeing triple digits on the scoreboard in the points for column feels weird man...

Also our far flung Tassie faithful finally get to celebrate a win and hear the song at the ground in Launy. The only other Freo win at Launceston was not officially declared a win for us until a day after the game (sirengate).

Hopefully hearing the team song doesn't drive our Tasweigan fellow travellers away.

Pearcey gets a win in his home state

From today's date this is what's going to happen:

- Fyfe won't need surgery until after the season, he will play fine.
- Darcy and Logue back in no time.
- A number of selection changes are forced this weekend adding new flair and unpredictability to the team, and we beat Gold Coast in a close one.
- Mid-season break with finals still a discussion point and well-earned recovery time and refocus for the club.
- Alex Pearce rejoins the starting 22 and doesn't break down. He gets back to to career best by the end of the year.
- Our defence starts holding together with Hayden Young returning, improvements from Duman/Watson/Conca. Because A. Pearce is back in form, the loss of Cox isn't as devastating.
- Some new debutants in Joel Western and Luke Valente see immediate potential at the highest level, injecting some belief into the side.
- Brayshaw , Cerra and Serong start dominating the midfield.
- Treacy finally belongs in the starting 22, in addition Taberner and Lobb help support a new functioning forward line where key talls do their job.
- Banfield and Switowski create pressure for forward positions.
- Our injury crisis is over for the year, we have a number of players out for the season but this does not cripple the side.
- We scrape into the 8 and set ourselves up for a massive 2022.
- We draft awesomely for next year.

All of this is in the realms of possibility.

Drink my Kool Aid people.

It's coming true people. Remember I wrote this after the Bulldogs loss and the 4 key injuries we suffered in that game.

YOU ALL SAID I WAS NUTS.

It's coming true people. Remember I wrote this after the Bulldogs loss and the 4 key injuries we suffered in that game.

YOU ALL SAID I WAS NUTS.

Not bad. Other than that Duncan, Watson & Conca are all at Peel & we haven’t seen Valente. And Walker is the one that came in & stayed not Western.
The rest is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok this isn’t very Freo so I hope I don’t put the mockers on us but I’m feeling reasonably positive about our run home .

yeh nah , not going to say any more .
just feeling positive. 🤞

Fun fact I only found out recently - Gelmi is Herb Elliot's granddaughter.

Some good genes for FS if she ends up having any kids with a footy player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back