eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
4D2D6325-E99E-44E7-ACB4-CFC83CCE8E19.jpeg
388211D8-179A-4A9F-A7DB-D8CF12493BA0.jpeg
Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Last edited:

I know it's Ed's thread but, PMBangers, if there is to be videos on the Draft Central YouTube feed, will you be part of it and be part of the same round table discussion which Ed, P4L and Michael Alvaro were part of last year?

Apologies if I'm getting too ahead of myself.

I know it's Ed's thread but, PMBangers, if there is to be videos on the Draft Central YouTube feed, will you be part of it and be part of the same round table discussion which Ed, P4L and Michael Alvaro were part of last year?

Apologies if I'm getting too ahead of myself.
No clue, I don't have a face for TV so my media work with DC might be exclusively audio, I've been the voice behind most of the Allies girls interviews on the channel though

No clue, I don't have a face for TV so my media work with DC might be exclusively audio, I've been the voice behind most of the Allies girls interviews on the channel though

I didn't know that was your voice.

So I've known what your voice is like before I knew your forename all this time.

Unless I'm mistaking you for the one who've done NAB League/TAC Cup girls' interviews.

I didn't know that was your voice.

So I've known what your voice is like before I knew your forename all this time.

Unless I'm mistaking you for the one who've done NAB League/TAC Cup girls' interviews.
I did Western, Eastern, Northern and Calder in those preseason videos, but I'm not sure you can hear my voice there

either way doesn't matter, eDPS is sick of me in his thread =P

Didn’t get to watch any full games yesterday but managed to see some parts of Calder/Geelong GWV/Oakleigh TAS/Sandy and Dand/East

Goater was a standout for me in the short parts I saw, played half back and looked very good with his skills and agility. He has been huge the last few weeks and his athletic profile and size will make him very hard to pass up in that first round. Taylor didn’t do a lot from what i saw but his stats say otherwise.

Hobbs was the standout for me in the other game as he hits his straps at a good time, just a workhorse around the ground and will be a high volume accumulator at the next level. Molan and Ballantyne very good on the wings and Gibcus showed plenty of speed and leap at CHB. Not many caught my eye for Oakleigh but Dib offered plenty of spark through the middle.

Saw more of the Sandy/Tassie game than any other. Callaghan would have been my BOG but all of their star players played well.

A very strong return for Chesser who is another workhorse through the midfield and just oozes composure and class, Sinn was great in the middle aswell with his kicking better than it was in the early rounds, got caught a few times taking the game on but gee he looks exciting when he takes it on.

Howes, Windhager and Benton very good aswell with all of them showing great signs, can see Benton has took the Metro snub as a kick in the butt to get him motivated to improve. Nankervis had some great plays and even went to half back in the last quarter and showed plenty, good return for Brooks aswell with great pressure inside 50 and good skills by foot he should start to ramp up as the year goes on.

Caught the 2nd half of the Dandy/Eastern game live and was a great atmosphere in Frankston on a Sat night. Judson Clarke elusive as ever, McDonald won plenty in the midfield and Josiah Kyle was dangerous as ever kicking a beautiful snap goal in the last quarter. For Eastern Soligo was a tough customer through the middle as usual and Preston’s skills where at a very high level.

Didn’t get to watch any full games yesterday but managed to see some parts of Calder/Geelong GWV/Oakleigh TAS/Sandy and Dand/East

Goater was a standout for me in the short parts I saw, played half back and looked very good with his skills and agility. He has been huge the last few weeks and his athletic profile and size will make him very hard to pass up in that first round. Taylor didn’t do a lot from what i saw but his stats say otherwise.

Hobbs was the standout for me in the other game as he hits his straps at a good time, just a workhorse around the ground and will be a high volume accumulator at the next level. Molan and Ballantyne very good on the wings and Gibcus showed plenty of speed and leap at CHB. Not many caught my eye for Oakleigh but Dib offered plenty of spark through the middle.

Saw more of the Sandy/Tassie game than any other. Callaghan would have been my BOG but all of their star players played well.

A very strong return for Chesser who is another workhorse through the midfield and just oozes composure and class, Sinn was great in the middle aswell with his kicking better than it was in the early rounds, got caught a few times taking the game on but gee he looks exciting when he takes it on.

Howes, Windhager and Benton very good aswell with all of them showing great signs, can see Benton has took the Metro snub as a kick in the butt to get him motivated to improve. Nankervis had some great plays and even went to half back in the last quarter and showed plenty, good return for Brooks aswell with great pressure inside 50 and good skills by foot he should start to ramp up as the year goes on.

Caught the 2nd half of the Dandy/Eastern game live and was a great atmosphere in Frankston on a Sat night. Judson Clarke elusive as ever, McDonald won plenty in the midfield and Josiah Kyle was dangerous as ever kicking a beautiful snap goal in the last quarter. For Eastern Soligo was a tough customer through the middle as usual and Preston’s skills where at a very high level.
I liked Sam Tucker's game for the Chargers as well.
Draftable?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't have McDonald in your top 25? What are his main weaknesses keeping him out of the first round?
He is there abouts along with another 15 or so players, not as damaging with his disposal as other midfielders and although he had good athleticism it doesn’t really translate into his game. A team wanting midfield depth though would be looking very closely at him, good balance of inside and outside

eDPS are there any electric small forwards looking likely in the first two rounds?
Electric you could say Judson Clarke although it’s his agility that sticks out more than straight line pace. Cooper Murley is quick but isn’t a pure small forward and more a forward/mid, Paul Curtis has some tricks as a small forward aswell but again more agility than straight line pace.

A lot of the really quick players this year have been playing mostly down back.

Electric you could say Judson Clarke although it’s his agility that sticks out more than straight line pace. Cooper Murley is quick but isn’t a pure small forward and more a forward/mid, Paul Curtis has some tricks as a small forward aswell but again more agility than straight line pace.

A lot of the really quick players this year have been playing mostly down back.
We've got Brockman in reserve, but I would like us to have another classy small coming through. This draft doesn't seem to have many.

When can we hope for another Final Suren pod Ed?

If you had any particular questions for the podcast, I believe theres one coming soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back