2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

and when he did throw the boomerang, saying at the time “mummy will be pleased”, he brought down the Flying Doctor!!

Last edited:
True. There is also the "black face" line.

The doctor is wise, though. He is the one who reveals the true issue: the boomerang never came back because it had never been thrown. The fellow was afraid to actually lose it!
It was a parody of aboriginal people and their culture.
In and of itself that ‘could’ be considered a bit of fun.

However, when you add it to the genocide amd the eugenics, it’s ******* s**t mate.

Just look at what is going on in Canada atm, we had the same s**t here. Now imagine a song mocking the same people being played at the footy.

It’s literally adding insult to injury in a round about reconciliation.

Last edited:

Me too
Oh boy
1961 Australia was a lot different place. Still had the white Australia policy and a PM who thought he was a British Subject to the day he died.

I'd like to see us trade for a Casboult type or someone similar next year. Break glass in case of emergency if Dixon goes down, and in the meantime it can only help Lord's development having an actual AFL key forward down there with him to learn the ropes from.

Wylie Buzza

Central had this tall player in defence, name is Leek Alleer. 19 yo, played 5 senior games. I wonder if he's in our nga. Man could he fly for a mark.
Leek is a very good player, if he’s the same one I know.
Great attitude too. Will play anywhere and run himself into the ground for the team.

Who do we have? South, West, Eagles?
Norwood they have our old west coast zone WWT have our old metro zone, South and West.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they get another crack at him this yr?

I'm not sure how it works, but I would assume if you've overlooked him in his draft then he's fair game

Central had this tall player in defence, name is Leek Alleer. 19 yo, played 5 senior games. I wonder if he's in our nga. Man could he fly for a mark.
Amazed he is not on a list somewhere. Amazing vertical leap, solid marker, go-go-gadget arms, good burst of speed, and a good kick on him. I reckon he will get picked up by a club next year.

Reminds me of someone :think:

What sort of half wit would pick a song from 1961?
Archie Roach, Kev Carmody, Dan Sultan Jessica Mauboy there are dozens of well known indigenous artists.
Typical backward stuck in the past SANFL incompetence.

It was a parody of aboriginal people and their culture.
In and of itself that ‘could’ be considered a bit of fun.

However, when you add it to the genocide amd the eugenics, it’s ******* sh*t mate.

Just look at what is going on in Canada atm, we had the same sh*t here. Now imagine a song mocking the same people being played at the footy.

It’s literally adding insult to injury in a round about reconciliation.
That's why I asked about hidden meanings. On the surface, I couldn't see much. Context matters.

Caricatures Aboriginal people as being stupid
I don't see it. The lyrics are about fear, taking risks, and entering adulthood.

It's the story of a man afraid of doing a task that would include him into his community. He must take a "leap of faith," but he can't. It's also about what may happen to someone because he refuses to follow the social customs of his community.

Those aren't Aboriginal issues. They happen to anyone anytime. For instance, someone who doesn't quit an awful job or don't want to have kids; or someone who's not accepted because he is different.

If Aboriginals are stupid because of that, then we all are.

I'm not sure how it works, but I would assume if you've overlooked him in his draft then he's fair game
You have to sign up a player, give him some benefits, get it all approved by the AFL to have any rights at the draft and it all has to happen before the player is 18. IIRC he is 19 so if he hasnt signed up to anything, he is fair game for any club.

I don't see it. The lyrics are about fear, taking risks, and entering adulthood.

It's the story of a man afraid of doing a task that would include him into his community. He must take a "leap of faith," but he can't. It's also about what may happen to someone because he refuses to follow the social customs of his community.

Those aren't Aboriginal issues. They happen to anyone anytime. For instance, someone who doesn't quit an awful job or don't want to have kids; or someone who's not accepted because he is different.

If Aboriginals are stupid because of that, then we all are.

Australian society long characterised them this way whilst killing, enslaving and kidnapping them.
The song isn’t a stand alone bit of fun, you realise this, why carry on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back