Autopsy Rd 16 Blues keep their season alive with 16 point win over Dockers

Who played well in Round 16 vs the Dockers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Slice it and dice it however you like that was a very good and important win for us last night.

You can see a bit of confidence and belief building and we really needed that looking at the game we have .facing us next week. Effort and intent was there again, can't ask for anything more at this stage.

The big thing for me was that we were able to take control of the game back after having lost the lead. It was huge, too many times in the past once that occurred we had no answers.

Loving watching the improvement in players such as Dow, Kennedy, Sos and the development of Stocker.

The good thing to see is that the coach and players appear to be tight and all happily working towards being better, that's all we can ask for.

We have a way to go still, but there's definitely a light at the end of the tunnel. It can turn
fairly quickly.

As a Teague basher, I have to say that this was not only a great team performance - but a great coaching performance. We not only took the heat out when required, but we got up and over the line when we had our backs against the wall. Something different in our gamestyle this week I reckon. More lowering the eyes i50, hitting up smaller blokes rather than bombing it to Harry in a 2v1 with Pearce who is the prototype defender you'd use to shut down Harry.

Whatever happens, I'll be okay with. However, Teague is definitely responding in a big way these past few weeks.

Think your being generous here Cas didnt go into the ruck until deep into the quarter well after we had arrested freos momentum and we where 7 points up .
Terrific effort to will ourselves back into the game after being dominated for a long period whilst Levi had no impact in the turnaround .

He was more than ordinary for all bar about the last 8 minutes of the last quarter .
Liability in the air and on the ground

Competed well for a few ruck contests and took 1 Levi special contested mark .
But shouldnt be retained off this performance and his struggles the whole year .
It was shameful when the Carlton supporters jeered him and gave Bronx cheers.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

As a Teague basher, I have to say that this was not only a great team performance - but a great coaching performance. We not only took the heat out when required, but we got up and over the line when we had our backs against the wall. Something different in our gamestyle this week I reckon. More lowering the eyes i50, hitting up smaller blokes rather than bombing it to Harry in a 2v1 with Pearce who is the prototype defender you'd use to shut down Harry.

Whatever happens, I'll be okay with. However, Teague is definitely responding in a big way these past few weeks.

I think that it's been a big learning curve and will continue to be so for the players and also the coach.

Think the biggest change to Dow's output, they, the club, are letting him hunt the footy, rather than trying to manufacture the perfect footballer
I said it earlier in this thread it seems the penny dropped after that incident with Pitto when he didn't go. I reckon something was discussed in the aftermath of that game and his mind has been reset. Either they gave him a bake or he said he isn't playing on instinct and they've reset him. Gone back to what made him a good u18 player.

The results are he is now hunting the ball, extracting balls he shouldn't even get near and when give half a chance speeds away from the contest.

Then lastly his improved skill is due to having the confidence to take an extra step to steady and make a good kick.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Last night was a continuation of the game style and positive play we showed against the crows. Both games have had down moments but even if we lost either game I am alot more happy with the way we are playing, the intent they are showing and the hunger they are playing with. I'll take effort over anything else and the last 2 weeks they have shown it.

The month or two prior to the crows game we were playing poor and uninspiring footy. We had 3 or 4 contributors each week and about 10-14 passengers each week. The last two games we have had 10+ really good contributors and only a couple of passengers (your always going to have a few poor players). Makes such a difference when we have more contributors, especially those we have been waiting so long to see contribute in a meaningful manor.

Just need to continue to play the way we are and for a bit longer each week and results will come. A upset against a top side like the cats or port would be great as well so continually showing up in the games we will be or close to favorites.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They smashed us in the clearances 45-20 (largely thanks to ruck dominance, and Mundys good work), had more I50's than us and more scoring shots.

Inaccuracy cost them.
The hawks midfield was rarely worse than any other team they played against during their dynasty but their setup was awfully happy to lose stoppages, they also conceded shots on goal but what they did with their setup is force difficult shots, long, wide etc.

If we take that path I don't really care. As long as its a noted part of the gameplan.

As a player, doc makes a good coach.

What an absolute shame it is for him that he lost those two years with his knee injuries. It's very difficult to come back from that for most players. He was at the peak of his career before then, All Australian half back. It's not looking great for him but he should be respected as a great Carlton person. He may just have a better future as a coach now.

Think the biggest change to Dow's output, they, the club, are letting him hunt the footy, rather than trying to manufacture the perfect footballer
I think he gets confused/ over thinks when they try to get him to defend.

His natural inclination is to hunt the ball but having to mind a man means he's in two minds. And the moment is gone.

What an absolute shame it is for him that he lost those two years with his knee injuries. It's very difficult to come back from that for most players. He was at the peak of his career before then, All Australian half back. It's not looking great for him but he should be respected as a great Carlton person. He may just have a better future as a coach now.
Agree was AA before that and I saw no reason for that form not to continue. It's a cruel game at times.

Will make number seventeen that much sweeter.

Very True. I wish he would stop those 2ft handballs to Cripps and back himself when breaking away from a pack.

Not Paddy specific but we do handball to a hot player at times across the ground. At times you got no choice but lifting eyes when hand balling for mine. Lowering and lifting .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As great as it is to see Kennedy and Dow in there are and playing well, we were annihilated in the clearances from dead ball situations or when we lost an aerial contest in the middle of the ground.

Changing our setup and structure in the midfield will take the rest of the year and preseason.

The second and third quarters were a total obliteration around the packs.

Spot on MEB

I understand the whole structure and playing your role, but for some, Dow and SPS, just let them loose
I reckon it’s the same thing with LOB. instinctive forward running winger. Teague let him run in 2019, why isn’t he doing the same now?

Back