How is Eddie Betts remembered?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rasha

2017🏆 2019🏆 2020🏆
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
They're neither contending nor are they rebuilding as it currently stands.
They're in no mans land and the club needs to bite the bullet and regenerate the list starting this off season.

Not sure if it’s time for a rebuild but something has gone wrong. 2018 was a famous premiership victory despite missing a key trio in Gaff, Naitanui and Sheppard on Grand Final day. They have been added offsetting the retirement of LeCras and absence of Rioli from a talent POV. Further, they’ve got Tim Kelly on board and Rotham and Oscar Allen have emerged as really good young players. I know injuries, older players declining a bit and hub life have hurt them a bit but it still feels like a hell of a drop off.

They seem to be big sooks. Every club had to hub last year and besides the Eagles there was minimal complaining. They only started winning when they got back home.

Today they played like a mentally fragile team that couldn't deal with inconvenience of playing in Geelong.

Like I posted on WC board, the following players should be traded or delisted if nothing offered: McGovern, Gaff, Sheed, Redden, Cole, Sheppard, Nelson

Also Hurn and Kennedy to retire then next year a much younger and faster team to suit the current game.

Trade nic nat to gold coast. He will get the flag he deserves before he retires and boost our ruck stocks, coach our midfield and can be an AFL ambassador up here to help grow the sport, and the eagles can get some high draft picks. Win win all around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I posted on WC board, the following players should be traded or delisted if nothing offered: McGovern, Gaff, Sheed, Redden, Cole, Sheppard, Nelson

Also Hurn and Kennedy to retire then next year a much younger and faster team to suit the current game.
You seriously want McGovern gone? Blokes a gun

Stupid thread.

Looking at their current situation and draw.... Provided they keep their percentage at around 110%, they should win 3 more games, next week vs North, the derby and either crows in Adelaide or Saints at home.

that means 12 wins and 10 losses and that would mean 7th or 8th.

They're neither contending nor are they rebuilding as it currently stands.
They're in no mans land and the club needs to bite the bullet and regenerate the list starting this off season.
I think that depends how you define "rebuild". I definitely expect WC to pivot towards youth and prioritise the draft but I doubt there will be any drastic clean-out.

I don't think they need a rebuild just yet. None of their players are cooked.

Need to move some assistant coaches on and do a reset.
Agreed. I think the game plan and the systems are more a concern than the personnel, although there are some question marks in that area as well. That said, I'd happily add a more contested, defensive-minded midfielder for a second-rounder.

Not sure if it’s time for a rebuild but something has gone wrong. 2018 was a famous premiership victory despite missing a key trio in Gaff, Naitanui and Sheppard on Grand Final day. They have been added offsetting the retirement of LeCras and absence of Rioli from a talent POV. Further, they’ve got Tim Kelly on board and Rotham and Oscar Allen have emerged as really good young players. I know injuries, older players declining a bit and hub life have hurt them a bit but it still feels like a hell of a drop off.
Flaky AF and there's no plan B. They struggle to win ground balls and rely too heavily on moving the ball with kick-mark uncontested possession. If that doesn't work, they struggle to win the ball back because they don't have a high-pressure game and don't really tackle. They rely on the opposition turning it over. This has worked when our kick-mark game has been sharp and we've been able to score efficiently. But I think it's done its dash. They need to add further strings to the bow and become more adaptable, and that probably starts by drilling the midfield differently.

Once is an anomaly, but twice is stuff of reviews and coaches sacked, they might have a very active trade week this year?
Doubt it. If someone uncontracted wants to leave (Duggan? Brander?) then obviously that gets done but I doubt there will be massive turnover initiated by the club.

Unless the sides below us improve drastically, chance we might have this to look forward to in finals (if we get there)

Week 1:
6v7 Sydney v WCE at SCG

Week 2:
2/3v6/7 Geelong v WCE at GMHBA

:'(
We'll have to improve dramatically to even make the 8 let alone get through to week 2.

I think we're on track for a first week exit at very best.

Come October (or right now) start making big calls

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back