Rumour Caro on tim watson skeletons in his closet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like a lot of ‘I’ll go 50/50 on a rape charge if she can prove it!’ Going on in here.
I’m just glad that these high profile women can be subjected to such slander, let alone the daughters, sisters and mothers without a profile who are similarly subjected..
It’s refreshing to hear such innuendo spoken about in such contempt and irreverence; bigotry and innuendo. Classy mutha *a’s.

The faceless keyboard warriors who belch bile and enjoy the sort of psychological degradation that befell James Hird

Please, your saint James bought most of the degradation on himself. The man prolonged it at every opportunity he got. How many times did he take things to court? Both times he was laughed out.

A massive ego and a non-existant connection with reality were Hird's problems.

Please, your saint James bought most of the degradation on himself. The man prolonged it at every opportunity he got. How many times did he take things to court? Both times he was laughed out.

Well done on completely missing the point

Not that I care too much for her or her opinions, and I know it doesn’t suit the standard narrative here, but there’s nothing to suggest she evades throwing the Tigers under the bus. Caro just won’t let the Rioli/Bolton incident go weeks after it became a non-story despite there being no traction to her prods. She slaughtered Tom Lynch last year after a series a really minor onfield indiscretions, and went as hard as Karen Cornes in the other Tiger hub things ... all the way back to crucifying Royce Vardy over his drink-driving charge 20-odd years ago.

She certainly doesn’t spare Richmond with her muckraking despite the former family connection with the club. If anything, it prompts her to go harder.

Oh this is quite amusing

Whoosh…

Hird is no saint in my eyes snd yes, he made mistakes (of which he owned up to from very early on, but hey, the media chose not to highlight that funnily enough).
It was a high profile story that the media chose to inflame constantly for clicks and coins at the expense of a man’s mental health. The media demonised the man for years and whether you blame him for the saga or not that is what happened.

Ultimately, misogyny, mental health, homosexuality, race, cross-dressing stigmas etc etc is still poorly considered by the larger football community and we, as a nation have a long way to go to actually grow up.

Oh this is quite amusing
Which part exactly?

I could also throw in her personal campaign against Brad Ottens in 2001 at Richmond when he got nicked for drink driving. Yet in 2008 she was quiet when he did the same thing while at Geelong. She wanted him and Vardy both sacked from the club for jeopardising Richmond's TAC sponsorship at the time.

Whoosh…

Hird is no saint in my eyes snd yes, he made mistakes (of which he owned up to from very early on, but hey, the media chose not to highlight that funnily enough).
It was a high profile story that the media chose to inflame constantly for clicks and coins at the expense of a man’s mental health. The media demonised the man for years and whether you blame him for the saga or not that is what happened.

Ultimately, misogyny, mental health, homosexuality, race, cross-dressing stigmas etc etc is still poorly considered by the larger football community and we, as a nation have a long way to go to actually grow up.
Hird did own up, but then went to court and said he was told/made to say what he did, so he didn't own up at all.

Hird did own up, but then went to court and said he was told/made to say what he did, so he didn't own up at all.
It’s not about owning up to anything. * me!

He maintains his innocence for the accusations against him but he apologised early on for mistakes made and putting the club and the AFL in the position it was in. He has every right to maintain his and his players’ innocence. The narrative from the media continued to rant on however, about his unwillingness to apologise which was horseshit.

There is no contradiction in his position if he maintains his innocence while at the same time apologising for running a supplements program that was poorly overseen. Remember, he has never been found guilty of any illegal doping but he was suspended under the catch-all of bringing the game into disrepute which is essentially what he was apologising for and taking responsibility for in the first place.

But the media wasn’t satisfied with that and wanted blood.

I’m not here to justify Hird’s role in all that s**t. I’m here to say that he is an example of the way a person can be hounded into the ground simply because the public want blood and the media knew that it could feed that to generate interest which is exactly what most of the juvenile football fans begged for. And look where that ended up - damn near destroying a man psychologically.

It’s not about owning up to anything. fu** me!

He maintains his innocence for the accusations against him but he apologised early on for mistakes made and putting the club and the AFL in the position it was in. He has every right to maintain his and his players’ innocence. The narrative from the media continued to rant on however, about his unwillingness to apologise which was horseshit.

There is no contradiction in his position if he maintains his innocence while at the same time apologising for running a supplements program that was poorly overseen. Remember, he has never been found guilty of any illegal doping but he was suspended under the catch-all of bringing the game into disrepute which is essentially what he was apologising for and taking responsibility for in the first place.

But the media wasn’t satisfied with that and wanted blood.

I’m not here to justify Hird’s role in all that sh*t. I’m here to say that he is an example of the way a person can be hounded into the ground simply because the public want blood and the media knew that it could feed that to generate interest which is exactly what most of the juvenile football fans begged for. And look where that ended up - damn near destroying a man psychologically.
You said he "owned up"

Fu** me!

He said in court he was forced to "own up"

So don't start back peddling, he didn't own up to s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyrics:
He's reading sport on the news
White man white teeth in a suit
He's got that style
And then alone in his house
He wants to take baby out
Give us a smile
Boy if you touch her again
I'll tell your wife and your kids
About that time
Cos this is not ninety-three
You lost your spot on the team
You're out of line
I've worked too hard for this chance to not be biting the hand
That feeds the hate
So have a chat to your friends 'cause it's our words that will keep
Our daughters safe
Your personality traits don't count if you put your dick
In someone's face
And no it's never too late, we sat there silently while
You kept your job and your place and your six-figure wage
Oh, are you scared of me, old man?
Or are you scared of what I'll do?
You grabbed me with an open hand
The world is grabbing back at you

Also the album is called "Beware of the Dogs".

It could refer to any 1993 premiership winning player with a wife and kids who now moonlights as a sports newsreader, not just Tim Watson.

You said he "owned up"

Fu** me!

He said in court he was forced to "own up"

So don't start back peddling, he didn't own up to sh*t.
Don’t twist my words. He owned up to his mistakes. You’re referring to owning up to accusations of doping in court. Sure, I used the words ‘owned up’ but in a different context. There’s no back peddling. What I am saying is consistent but you continue to bait with the same bullshit narrative that has driven this whole media mess.

Don’t twist my words. He owned up to his mistakes. You’re referring to owning up to accusations of doping in court. Sure, I used the words ‘owned up’ but in a different context. There’s no back peddling. What I am saying is consistent but you continue to bait with the same bullshit narrative that has driven this whole media mess.
Not sure you'll find too much empathy in Tim Watson's closet either.

Ok mate, you said owned up early on, we all saw him "owning up" early on, later, in court, under oath, he said he was forced to say that, so keep denying all you like, but he didn't own up at all.
So tell me again how I'm twisting your words.

Ok mate, you said owned up early on, we all saw him "owning up" early on, later, in court, under oath, he said he was forced to say that, so keep denying all you like, but he didn't own up at all.
So tell me again how I'm twisting your words.
Im not referring to the initial media conference.
At any rate this is a detour from the issue that I am here for which is the malignant media fed by Neanderthals baying for blood and lapping up rumour of which I figure you are one.

Im not referring to the initial media conference.
At any rate this is a detour from the issue that I am here for which is the malignant media fed by Neanderthals baying for blood of which I figure you are one.

That bold bit just told me you give up.

Next time don't make statements that aren't true, then you won't need to abuse people when they call you out.

And i think how you are using that term and the convo we just had, describes you more than me.

Next time don't make statements that aren't true, then you won't need to abuse people when they call you out.

And i think how you are using that term and the convo we just had, describes you more than me.
You’ve totally avoided discussing the point I came here for but instead chose to target Hird. Which I think says more about you to be frank.

Well done LL, in 12 months you'll get your badge for having the same argument every day on this forum for 10 years straight.

It's an amazing effort, seriously, sit back for 5 mins and think "where did that 10 years go" then look at your history and praise yourself for spending so much time on one topic.

Well done LL, in 12 months you'll get your badge for having the same argument every day on this forum for 10 years straight.

It's an amazing effort, seriously, sit back for 5 mins and think "where did that 10 years go" then look at your history and praise yourself for spending so much time on one topic.
And here you are also DD

I would call that a hypocrite, wouldn't you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back