News 2021 Trade/Free Agent News and reported targets Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is not to discuss current Hawthorn players and whether they’re tradeable, who they're linked to or what you think they’re worth.

This thread is about our Trade targets at other clubs that are linked to us via media(not facebook pages).

Reminder, we are also not thinking up trade hypotheticals of how you would get it done in here, or asking what these players we are linked to are worth.

Wonder if the same 3 way negotiation will go on for Jack Billings when he jumps from the sinking Saints ship. AFL need to tighten up this system. No FA compensation should effect the top 10 at least or maybe the entire first round. Its not fair on the rest of the cellar dwellers being knocked done multiple positions in the draft.
If they allowed contracted players to be traded, there would be absolutely no need for compensation. The compo is a massive distortion which destroys the draft. Last year’s draft was an embarrassment.

Ha, I hate the bombers also mate. And look their current position was not one they wanted, it was pure dumb luck and not good management.

But... Let's be real here. The AFL didn't make Carlton give up pick 8 for a half back flanker. And... the AFL didn't force the Lions to give up band 1 compo for Daniher... Dodoro had a blinder.

Even more, they got a 20 year old mid that GWS offered five years too, for pick 29 and some pick swaps.. because they threatened to walk him to pre-season.

Crazy trade period for the pricks... I honestly hope, if a Cerra is a chance, we are pricks also this trade period... threatening pre-season draft. Sadly Mitchell isn't a free agent to get us band one.
AFL gifted them on the Daniher compo.. it was massive, a top 10 pick for a bloke that had barely played in 2.5 years..

AFL gifted them on the Daniher compo.. it was massive, a top 10 pick for a bloke that had barely played in 2.5 years..

I disagree. The Lions are paying Joe Daniher 2.5 million over three years. That's over 833k per year on average and makes Joe one of the top 20/25 highest paid players in the game.

I get that it's not transparent, but that type of contract has always been Band 1.

Last edited:
I was all in when it became known Hill was returning to Melbourne because of his girlfriend‘s want to come home, but I think it’s clear Hill is only in it for the money now

That’s what happens when a youngish player, who already has climbed the mountain, moves clubs (cough Shai Bolton cough)

Shaun Burgoyne disagrees. How old was he in the Port flag?

Not sure if this is the place for it but let’s say ....
It wasn’t.

Two pages of arguments about a player thats never coming to Hawthorn, now deleted.

This is why we can’t have nice things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back