Delisted Charlie Constable [drafted by Gold Coast at pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

OP originally by the Ziebull;

no doubt he will be discussed next year again

Last edited by a moderator:
no doubt he will be discussed next year again
Undoubtedly, though he was encouraged to seek options this year and didn't find anything. Think we wouldn’t ask for anything more than we did for Fogarty and he was basically given away.

Although maybe he takes this as the kick in the rear he needs. If he can improve the running he's a gun

Only reason they kept Constable over Fogarty was someone else wanted Fogarty while no one else wanted Constable.

We should thank Carlton for taking Fogarty as it freed up the list spot to keep Narkle.

Two years in a row the club have been lucky like that with Abbott going to St Kilda freeing up the spot for Henderson the year before.

He’s gone.
We made the wrong choice in keeping him over Lachie Fogarty but that’s all fine because Quinton Narkle is seeming alright.
Fogarty is average.

I honestly think he will easily get a club that will pick him up at the end of the year, last year not getting picked up is all understandable as no one knew what team numbers was going to be...

I never understood why Geelong drafted Constable.

They've seemed consistently disappointed in him since day one despite playing well in the vfl. They obviously just don't rate him.

I never understood why Geelong drafted Constable.

They've seemed consistently disappointed in him since day one despite playing well in the vfl. They obviously just don't rate him.
Made sense at the time. We were looking a ball winner short in the longer term given Guthrie was still looking like a wing half back, we hadn't traded in Cameron so Dangerfield was going to be the second forward, Selwood at his age could hit the wall any day.

Basically looked at a guy with some good natural talent and hideous combine numbers and thought we could probably get him match fit within 4 years. Was worth a shot, didn't work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or is CC a bit lazy/doesn't work hard enough ?

He seemed to be rated fairly high in his draft year before sliding to Geelong.
I think it's just ability to build a tank rather than individual application. I don't think he leaves much on the table

Would imagine he will look to go anywhere and someone will take him with a token late pick now that he is out of contract

Another 34 in the vfl averaging serious numbers

Not worth much if anything I agree. Would go for a pick we are not likely to use. Perhaps we can wrap him up with one of our seconds and angle for an upgrade from a side that needs a midfield accumulator.

Is it just me or is CC a bit lazy/doesn't work hard enough ?

He seemed to be rated fairly high in his draft year before sliding to Geelong.

He works incredibly hard and is a model citizen. He tested very poorly for endurance at the combine and after 4 years it hasnt improved much..he just lacks the running ability for a 75 rotations game.

Undoubtedly, though he was encouraged to seek options this year and didn't find anything. Think we wouldn’t ask for anything more than we did for Fogarty and he was basically given away.

Although maybe he takes this as the kick in the rear he needs. If he can improve the running he's a gun
Is it known why he wasn't getting any interest? Was it his price (or Geelong's)? Or just that other sides don't particularly rate him? There does seem to be some highly credentialed inside mids at a few sides who get perennially discussed as options, but other clubs don't pursue.

Is it known why he wasn't getting any interest? Was it his price (or Geelong's)? Or just that other sides don't particularly rate him? There does seem to be some highly credentialed inside mids at a few sides who get perennially discussed as options, but other clubs don't pursue.
Wouldn’t have been price on any count. My guess is recruiters just watched him playing in the 2s and made their own judgements. No where to hide if you play seconds every week for 3 seasons.

His credentials are based on a blistering first half that makes for great highlights and high quotable numbers so the media who genuinely don't have time to watch the game give a glowing report.

I think other clubs concur with our club's opinion on him.

44 and 42 in his last two matches, averaging 33 touches a game in the VFL this year. I don't see how Geelong can even fit him into their midfield for even 1 or 2 matches this year unless they get a horror stretch of injuries.

At the start of this season anybody would agreed that our midfield was overstacked with slow inside mids but it is easy to adjust the way you play and turn it into a advantage. When a guy has the ability to find the ball this often I don't think any concerns with endurance fitness matters. He'll probably end up at the Swans and win a Brownlow.

44 and 42 in his last two matches, averaging 33 touches a game in the VFL this year. I don't see how Geelong can even fit him into their midfield for even 1 or 2 matches this year unless they get a horror stretch of injuries.

We had a massive injury list against Collingwood including Dangerfield, Guthrie and Duncan out. If he was in their plans to play at all, he would have played then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back