Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Hi all
In my research I came across some never-before-seen colour footage of Hawthorn vs Collingwood, Rd 21 1973 - Peter Hudson's comeback.
I've uploaded it to YouTube.
(btw, if anyone have any old vhs reels, or old audio cassettes of footy shows/broadcasts that were recorded off the radio, don't throw them out!, I'm happy to get them digitised and upload them. Just DM me. Easy as.)

As well I have found Rd 10 1973, Haw vs Coll at Glenferrie Oval.

Cheers
Rhett Bartlett
RFC Historian

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi all
In my research I came across some never-before-seen colour footage of Hawthorn vs Collingwood, Rd 21 1973 - Peter Hudson's comeback.
I've uploaded it to YouTube.
(btw, if anyone have any old vhs reels, or old audio cassettes of footy shows/broadcasts that were recorded off the radio, don't throw them out!, I'm happy to get them digitised and upload them. Just DM me. Easy as.)

As well I have found Rd 10 1973, Haw vs Coll at Glenferrie Oval.

Cheers
Rhett Bartlett
RFC Historian

langers1971 this might interest you

G'day Hawks crew!

Not sure if this is the general media thread, but I head up production on Dyl and Friends, and thought this might be of interest; Clarko is featuring on this week's ep, which is dropping via YouTube Premiere now.

Cheers!

Last edited:

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey guys, hopefully this is the right thread to post this in.

I've put together a 13-minute highlight compilation from Shaun Burgoyne's 35 finals spanning his 2 decade career so I thought I'd share it with you guys (his Hawthorn highlights begin at the 6 minute mark of the video). As you know I usually focus on season specific highlights (and yes I'm sorry for not getting around to finish Will Day's video like I promised... I plan to merge his 2020 and 2021 season highlights after this season is over) so this was good fun to put together. Absolutely brilliant player with great finals moments and performances all the way throughout his career.

Enjoy!

If you haven't already subscribed here's my channel link, it'd be greatly appreciated: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlfLRnEgIdb_bnsm9YtURw

lyger

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2010
Source
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey guys, hopefully this is the right thread to post this in.

I've put together a 13-minute highlight compilation from Shaun Burgoyne's 35 finals spanning his 2 decade career so I thought I'd share it with you guys (his Hawthorn highlights begin at the 6 minute mark of the video). As you know I usually focus on season specific highlights (and yes I'm sorry for not getting around to finish Will Day's video like I promised... I plan to merge his 2020 and 2021 season highlights after this season is over) so this was good fun to put together. Absolutely brilliant player with great finals moments and performances all the way throughout his career.

Enjoy!

If you haven't already subscribed here's my channel link, it'd be greatly appreciated: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlfLRnEgIdb_bnsm9YtURw

Thanks so much, that was a great viewing. Brought back a lot of fond memories, and reminded me what a good player he was at Port.

A true champion.

It would be most awesome if we can somehow make the eight this year and add some more footage to the compilation!

badgrill

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Finally got around to this... Mark Williams. Loved Willo - he was one of the few that made that 2002-2006 period watchable.

Man, I miss this guy.
Forgotten how brilliant he was in the air, of course he was known for his goalkicking accuracy and second (and third) efforts.

Brilliant memories, thanks Stemline

Gaborone

Team Captain
Mar 1, 2007
North Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwich City FC
So Jeff, let me unpack your comprehensive statement:

‘Alistair approached his direct report and Head of football Rob McCartney and suggested that what had occurred at Collingwood, maybe the time had arrived when we at Hawthorn should consider the club’s position’

So, Alistair’s coaching position was being destabilised

Kennett wanted Mitchell as coach

Clarkson recognised that what was happening was another Collingwood Malthouse/Buckley situation (and look how that has ended!) and did not want to be blind-sided.

Kennett took the opportunity to shaft Alistair, the best coach in the AFL, whilst at the same time holding him to a contract so that no one else could recruit him.

OK, it is done. Unfortunately, Sam Mitchell, someone I respect and admire, has been compromised in this shoddy process.

In the same vein that Jeff Kennett has said that players and coaches should move on, he and the Board should resign, now. If not there should be a vote of no confidence and Kennett should be tipped from Hawthorn in the same way that the Victorian public tipped him out of being Premier, the arrogant pr..ck!

Last edited:

badgrill

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So Jeff, let me unpack your comprehensive statement:

‘Alistair approached his direct report and Head of football Rob McCartney and suggested that what had occurred at Collingwood, maybe the time had arrived when we at Hawthorn should consider the club’s position’

So, Alistair’s coaching position was being destabilised

Kennett wanted Mitchell as coach

Clarkson recognised that what was happening was another Collingwood Malthouse/Buckley situation (and look how that has ended!) and did not want to be blind-sided.

Kennett took the opportunity to shaft Alistair, the best coach in the AFL, whilst at the same time holding him to a contract so that no one else could recruit him.

OK, it is done. Unfortunately, Sam Mitchell, someone I respect and admire, has been compromised in this shoddy process.

In the same vein that Jeff Kennett has said that players and coaches should move on, he and the Board should resign, now. If not there should be a vote of no confidence and Kennett should be tipped from Hawthorn in the same way that the Victorian public tipped him out of being Premier, the arrogant pr..ck!
Where's yer video, mate?

stemline

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2001
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Some more lockdown viewing -

Campbell Brown's hits and memories

Last edited:
Back