A-Leagues Men and Women 2021/22 Off Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone know the end date to aleague commercial deals? Thought it was June 30.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Veart and aloisi have re-signed at the reds until 22/23 (one year extensions)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't clubs realise that every time they make a completely stupid and unrealistic attempt to sign a world superstar, they embarrass themselves and the league by reminding them of what the league isn't?

I love the A-League for what it is - but if you start focussing on what it isn't (ie. one of the top 100 leagues that Messi would play in, and a salary cap league with a bloody low cap at that), you'll give up on it pretty quickly.

Let's embrace the A-League or what it is. If you get a whisper that Del Piero or Honda or Ono or Villa (lol) becomes might be interested in a lifestyle move, then quietly pursue it - this was the case in all those moves, it was never some ******* screaming "WE'RE GOING TO SIGN DEL PIERO" and then making it happen. (We knew about the ADP and Villa moves before they were announced, but they were pretty well advanced.)

But every time an Adelaide United tries to get a self-promoting article in the local rag (and thus on TWG & Fox Sports in most cases) about how they're pursuing Messi they embarrass themselves, the league, us as fans, and everyone who is involved in the game.

Clubs desperately need to stop this bullshit.

Show me Messi or Modric or someone else at the twilight of their career an I'll change my mind.

In the meantime, stop whoring out your team and the game to try and get a slight PR boost that you don't need a week after a GF that you weren't a part of.

Don't clubs realise that every time they make a completely stupid and unrealistic attempt to sign a world superstar, they embarrass themselves and the league by reminding them of what the league isn't?

I love the A-League for what it is - but if you start focussing on what it isn't (ie. one of the top 100 leagues that Messi would play in, and a salary cap league with a bloody low cap at that), you'll give up on it pretty quickly.

Let's embrace the A-League or what it is. If you get a whisper that Del Piero or Honda or Ono or Villa (lol) becomes might be interested in a lifestyle move, then quietly pursue it - this was the case in all those moves, it was never some ******* screaming "WE'RE GOING TO SIGN DEL PIERO" and then making it happen. (We knew about the ADP and Villa moves before they were announced, but they were pretty well advanced.)

But every time an Adelaide United tries to get a self-promoting article in the local rag (and thus on TWG & Fox Sports in most cases) about how they're pursuing Messi they embarrass themselves, the league, us as fans, and everyone who is involved in the game.

Clubs desperately need to stop this bullshit.

Show me Messi or Modric or someone else at the twilight of their career an I'll change my mind.

In the meantime, stop whoring out your team and the game to try and get a slight PR boost that you don't need a week after a GF that you weren't a part of.

What’s wrong with aiming high? Doesn’t embarrass anyone.

No issue with it.

Reads like a really poor tourism ad. It's a confusing troll?

And if you're going to pull these stunts you need to make to them really good (but also obvious it's a joke), this looks pretty sad

The aleague aren't the only clubs to do it. Multiple clubs across Multiple leagues do it. There is atleast one every year. They aren't aiming for him, and its just a bit of fun, why wouldn't you want Messi.

The aleague aren't the only clubs to do it. Multiple clubs across Multiple leagues do it. There is atleast one every year. They aren't aiming for him, and its just a bit of fun, why wouldn't you want Messi.
I would like to * Margot Robbie but I sure as hell aint writing an open letter to her in the knowledge it wont happen.

Reads like a really poor tourism ad. It's a confusing troll?

And if you're going to pull these stunts you need to make to them really good (but also obvious it's a joke), this looks pretty sad

embarrassing really, even if it is just in jest.

It would be great for Melbourne city to have its own digs, will help a lot in gaining a local fan base

‘Sorry Team11 can’t promise you a stadium in Dandenong you’ll just have to forget about an A-League bid and just pack up and die.’ Nekmint some rich oil football group comes along ‘sure yeah we’ll love to build you a stadium take our $$$’

‘Sorry Team11 can’t promise you a stadium in Dandenong you’ll just have to forget about an A-League bid and just pack up and die.’ Nekmint some rich oil football group comes along ‘sure yeah we’ll love to build you a stadium take our $$$’
Seems a little strange. The academy makes sense but a purpose built stadium for 15 games a year seems unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back