Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Reckon he'll be traded at the end of the year.
Yeah because our depth of potentially A grade players is so high. The only ones on the list with Stack's talent are Balta and Bolton. Bit thin to go dumping players, especially when they have done nothing wrong since they came back other than a BOG and a tummy tap on the weekend.

Yeah because our depth of potentially A grade players is so high. The only ones on the list with Stack's talent are Balta and Bolton. Bit thin to go dumping players, especially when they have done nothing wrong since they came back other than a BOG and a tummy tap on the weekend.
Who says it will be our choice?
His Mrs is from Freo along with all of his family
Wouldn’t be shocked if he wants to go back to WA
I don’t think it would be the right thing for him personally but it’s his decision to make

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
I don’t think it would be the right thing for him personally but it’s his decision to make
If he wants to go that is different, but who knows anything about that.
His mrs might enjoy herself in Vic, she is what 20 years old. We know nothing about that.
What's the point, he should be playing this week that is all that matters.
We will get nothing for him in a trade, Richmond will be bending over to keep him whether as a player or as trade bait after h wins the Brownlow next year.
Maybe.

That would be pretty dirty if he were to leave us after everything we have done for him

I’d be filthy personally, he’s got so much potential and I want him to reach that at tigerland

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
If Stacky makes it...

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Oct 7, 2001
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Heart, Furies
Not talking about his potential.

I just don't think the fit is what we're after.

...but thanks for putting words in my mouth :)

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Not talking about his potential.

I just don't think the fit is what we're after.

...but thanks for putting words in my mouth :)
Well you did say that you think he will be traded, so it is not exactly unambiguous.
I think football clubs have to make people fit in, they come from all walks of life, especially at Richmond who haven't exactly gone down the draft private school road. For all the Stacks, Pickett's etc, there are the Houli's, Astbury, Lamberts etc who set great examples but also calming measured types. We have won GF's on the back of being individual yet united. I hope you are wrong on this one, but time will tell I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
If he wants to go that is different, but who knows anything about that.
His mrs might enjoy herself in Vic, she is what 20 years old. We know nothing about that.
She must be insane enjoying vic under this clown.
1625619293221.png

May 7, 2009
melbourne, australia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Shrewsbury FC
Just play him ffs
Second best talent behind shai. Do people forget how good this kid was in his first year. He’s a gun if he’s head on straight
Hope it's not backwards.
That'd be funny him running backwards to contests.
I think we all know why he hasn't been getting a game
He should be, but is being taught a lesson.
Hope this week his lesson is over and he comes in. If not this week I reckon he will * off. We will get pick 1hundred.
Let's get real and play a bloke who makes us better

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Hope it's not backwards.
That'd be funny him running backwards to contests.
I think we all know why he hasn't been getting a game
He should be, but is being taught a lesson.
Hope this week his lesson is over and he comes in. If not this week I reckon he will fu** off. We will get pick 1hundred.
Let's get real and play a bloke who makes us better
Taught a lesson.
You reckon 3 weeks in jail is not enough, you think the club has imposed a non selection policy on him.
He missed the pre-season. He came back in reasonable shape, but nothing like having a preseason.
He didn't get here until March.
Have you watched the VFL. He was playing underdone out of the goal square in his first two weeks, was named in the guts before Covid and missed 3 or 4 weeks. Went to half back and played well 2 weeks ago but not quite fit enough, hence Ross got a gig. Last week he looked up to scratch fitness wise and was just about BOG.
That had nothing to do with being taught a lesson, he just wasn't ready. He may be this week, but for full AFL fitness he may still need another.

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
Looking back to 2019, Stack was a revelation. His form was based off the back of hard work, a timely reality check and his career on the line.

2021, Stack is entering the later part of the season with form built off the back of hard work, a timely reality check and his career on the line.

If Stack is given a chance, he will embrace it. 🤞

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
He inspired key wins in '19 with his xfactor exactly what we need atm

That he definitely did. Lets hope he can do the same this year, not just for our sake, but his own too.

Stacks immaturity & bad decision making makes it hard for me to buy into his talent as realistically the sample size we have of it is relatively small, around 15 games. In those 15 games he really showed himself to be a individual talent who can do certain things on field that others can't. Jack Higgins first year with us was actually very similar to this, he was doing exciting things on the field every week & charming the supporters & the wider AFL world along the way. Both players however were not able to maintain that same level of X factor or charm & have became somewhat unlikeable shadows of their first seasons. Syd's 2020 was really average - there were minimal highlights or performances & although his 2021 form in the VFL has been building, it's been a slow ride and not really demanded a promotion on own merit - its still relied heavily on injuries & form slumps to others.

It will be great if he can prove to be the game breaker he was in 2019 - not only do we need one onfield desperately, but we could really do with a "good news" as well. We just need some positivity any which way we can atm

May 7, 2009
melbourne, australia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Shrewsbury FC
Taught a lesson.
You reckon 3 weeks in jail is not enough, you think the club has imposed a non selection policy on him.
He missed the pre-season. He came back in reasonable shape, but nothing like having a preseason.
He didn't get here until March.
Have you watched the VFL. He was playing underdone out of the goal square in his first two weeks, was named in the guts before Covid and missed 3 or 4 weeks. Went to half back and played well 2 weeks ago but not quite fit enough, hence Ross got a gig. Last week he looked up to scratch fitness wise and was just about BOG.
That had nothing to do with being taught a lesson, he just wasn't ready. He may be this week, but for full AFL fitness he may still need another.
I've been to 2 vfl matches. Sandringham and Casey.
He was underdone but still looked a class above.
He is being taught a lesson by the club. He's being made to earn his spot back more than needed which I understand.
He is well and truly fit enough to play.

We all know He went to jail As it was very well documented. Thanks for pointing that out like none of us knew. Appreciate it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back