Farmer privilege

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Farmers always want bloody exemptions. Keep all the profits during good years but then demand tax payer handouts during the drought years.

they want exemptions from climate mitigation. They are a major source of the problem. But constantly get left out of the picture due to their strong lobbying efforts.

now they want exemptions from fortTess Australia.

here’s an idea. If we have to suffer through fortress Australia then You do too. You are not exempt from the rest of us. You do not deserve special privilege.

maybe you could start paying proper wages to your workers as other industries do rather then importing cheap overseas labour. some of the workers they use are almost treated like slaves. Australians want jobs. You just don’t want to pay them. That’s the cause of your mental illness. Your unwillingness to pay workers what they deserve.

it’s time for a mass clean out of the farming industry. Get rid of all the inefficient farms. Maybe this could be one positive of Covid.

Farmers always want bloody exemptions. Keep all the profits during good years but then demand tax payer handouts during the drought years.

they want exemptions from climate mitigation. They are a major source of the problem. But constantly get left out of the picture due to their strong lobbying efforts.

here’s an idea. If we have to suffer through fortress Australia then You do too. You are not exempt from the rest of us. You do not deserve special privilege.

maybe you could start paying proper wages to your workers as other industries do rather then importing cheap overseas labour. some of the workers they use are almost treated like slaves. Australians want jobs. You just don’t want to pay them. That’s the cause of your mental illness. Your unwillingness to pay workers what they deserve.

it’s time for a mass clean out of the farming industry. Get rid of all the inefficient farms. Maybe this could be one positive of Covid.

Not saying that the industry is exempt from criticism. But I will respond to the bolded point. I would say that a large majority of farmers don't want exemption from climate mitigation, some may be apathetic towards it but many if not most are all for addressing climate change. Most if not all of the industry bodies recognise the inevitable impacts of climate change and as such are setting pretty strong emissions reduction targets such as MLA wanting to be carbon neutral by 2030, and the NFF wanting to have net zero emissions by 2050.

Those wanting exemptions from climate mitigation or net zero targets are the Nationals such as Michael McCormack.

Not saying that the industry is exempt from criticism. But I will respond to the bolded point. I would say that a large majority of farmers don't want exemption from climate mitigation, some may be apathetic towards it but many if not most are all for addressing climate change. Most if not all of the industry bodies recognise the inevitable impacts of climate change and as such are setting pretty strong emissions reduction targets such as MLA wanting to be carbon neutral by 2030, and the NFF wanting to have net zero emissions by 2050.

Those wanting exemptions from climate mitigation or net zero targets are the Nationals such as Michael McCormack.
10 years ago this certainly wasn’t the case. But if things have changed that’s one positive. Although as you say it certainly hasnt changed with nationals who represent farming communities. So what’s going on there?

10 years ago this certainly wasn’t the case. But if things have changed that’s one positive. Although as you say it certainly hasnt changed with nationals who represent farming communities. So what’s going on there?

Well I was quite surprised by this article that came out last week

Not sure why they've seemingly moved away from representing farmers

famers will make a fortune out of climate change

they will be the biggest beneficiaries of carbon sequestration credits
The greenough solar plant case in point!!

The farmer there had done sfa to ameliorate rising salt levels and got kissed on the dick by a fairy when he got to leasr a whole bunch of land that was white with salt and only useful for growing salt resistant weeds was picked out and is now leased for xxx years for the solar plant.

In the construction stage i dont think i ever saw this guy without s stupid big grin on his face.

The greenough solar plant case in point!!

The farmer there had done sfa to ameliorate rising salt levels and got kissed on the dick by a fairy when he got to leasr a whole bunch of land that was white with salt and only useful for growing salt resistant weeds was picked out and is now leased for xxx years for the solar plant.

In the construction stage i dont think i ever saw this guy without s stupid big grin on his face.

sadly a case of being paid for environmental damage

I feel we should aim higher

Potentially putting the ground to viable use?

I was referring to clearing land and placing solar panels over it

We should be looking to increase the carbon levels in the soil

FMG has just made a huge play pegging canarvon to exmouth. I'm keen to understand what this is all about but my punt is Green.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was referring to clearing land and placing solar panels over it

We should be looking to increase the carbon levels in the soil

FMG has just made a huge play pegging canarvon to exmouth. I'm keen to understand what this is all about but my punt is Green.

I was referring to the Greenough solar farm.

They want to pay people in food and housing ..

Plenty of overseas markets prepared to pay dollars .... must be something about being hungry.
See farming in Sri Lanka or the Netherlands - privilege ?

Food security is very important imho. More so pandemics and world events.

However industries like hospitality, farming not wanting to pay people in money is a bit rough

However industries like hospitality, farming not wanting to pay people in money is a bit rough
No it's not. Not for Australia anyway. Vested interests keep peddling that line but it's bs. ABARES should know...

No its not. we produce far too much food.

health services and shelter in this country is more important and we are lacking in both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back