Game Day Port v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely. Damning that Fritsch and Pickett took those marks against taller opponents though.

Oh, I'm not making any excuses. We are awful and play the most unsustainable, chaotic brand of football of all the non bottom teams.
But terrible umpiring needs to be called out.

Drew’s shown sfa like most of the others.
You arent watching him close enough. He gets a lot of hard inside balls out to runners. Great hands in close

Melbourne look up to the task tonight, playing with much more energy. Marshall needs to be dropped, Georgiades would want to show something in this second half too or I'd be sending him back also. Some weak efforts all over the ground.
Butters maybe back too early, hasn't quite had an impact.
Bergman, Drew, Boak all been good (Boak htb brain-fade aside)
SPP running around like a headless chook

Carn. The sh*t thrown at him tonight has been ridiculous. You think he’s to blame for this loss?

You think he’s even in the top 15 culprits?

How many marks has the rest of our team taken inside 50?

I’m going to call out the anti-Marshall crusaders when they make their stupid comments

I called it… as soon as we looked to be playing so bad I said well here will come the Marshall haters to crack Into him and I was right.

Dude it was a joke.

But really he's **** on a bull atm.

Disappointing but not surprising. Honestly, can we develop some kind of system of moving the ball against good teams that doesn't involve bombing it forward? Why aren't players running hard to defend? Why aren't they running hard to provide options when we have the ball? How many more players will we churn through before we realise the common denominator is the coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SPP on the ball has no awareness. Love his pressure but he just sprints at the stoppage blindly for the all or nothing play. He needs some serious lessons in regards to body work etc. at the stoppage.

See ball. Get ball. Oh s**t.

This is winnable if an easier avenue to goal can be sorted but that's where you know it's unlikely to change.
If our coaches made some changes and some useful advice and a kick up the bum to the players but I doubt they have it in them. Haven’t seen much of Butters. I guess we were pinning too much hope on him being the difference.

I agree. But this is how we play every week and our forwards do nothing to demand we do any different. That whole quarter or forwards played behind their opponents and still failed to out mark their opponents. How about a lead? How about some spread? Get some seperation maybe?..... Nah

100% they don't work hard enough, they need to make 5 or 6 leads not just stand behind their opponent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back