Grand Slam Wimbledon 2021 - CONGRATS ASH BARTY! 🥳🍺🎉🎾

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to go further back than her. Seles was the ringleader who started it and Ruzici was a willing accomplice. Should have been stopped then.
I think it was Seles that started that grunting trend, and then Sharapova came along. Though, at the start of Sharapova's career, she never used to grunt until later on. Too bad, WTA and coaches didnt stop the upcoming players to stop grunting.

Geez , it's like walking around on eggshells here.
Surely the fact that the Djoker has dominated this tournament and is about to equal the grand slams record is worthy of a cursory mention.

Except that's not what's happening in here.

You can tell most of you are part-time tennis fans ie. Only watch the slams (and prob not even all 4).

Surely the fact that the Djoker has dominated this tournament and is about to equal the grand slams record is worthy of a cursory mention.
Yeahnah. ;)
It's all about Ash today.:thumbsupv1:

Don’t think it is that annoying some here more the fact the complete disrespect of Federer here by complete halfwits with their lol’s and old man references and tall poppy syndrome style posts. People who have trouble tying their own shoelaces posting crap about one of the greatest sportsman to ever walk the planet. As for the other bloke good luck to him, great player and no doubt will break the record but Federer pisses on him for humility and character. Rather admire that than a narcissistic self gratifying prat.

I can't stand him (yet I do lol at his pompous celebrations :p)
That said we need to bow down to tennis' new overlord. Can he catch Serena's 23 or M.Court's 24 to become the true GOAT ?

200.gif
tenor.gif

The Federer fans tears are as delicious as the Wimbledon grass

giphy.gif

Don’t think it is that annoying some here more the fact the complete disrespect of Federer here by complete halfwits with their lol’s and old man references and tall poppy syndrome style posts. People who have trouble tying their own shoelaces posting crap about one of the greatest sportsman to ever walk the planet. As for the other bloke good luck to him, great player and no doubt will break the record but Federer pisses on him for humility and character. Rather admire that than a narcissistic self gratifying prat.
I'm just judging Djokervich on his game. Re his anti-vax crap, I totally agree he was being a w***er.
Besides that he's respectful always. His game has no weakness and he is an incredible athlete.

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is and where it started...
I think that incrediby menacing yell he does when he wins.. like he just slayed a foreign army does not help. Not a lot of humility shown in that. The covid partying did not help his cause either. Seems to have a lot of fans though. Good luck to him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is how you can tell the part time fans of tennis. No true tennis fan could say many negative things about Fed, sure they may not love him, but the respect would still be there.

This is how you can tell the part time fans of tennis. No true tennis fan could say many negative things about Fed, sure they may not love him, but the respect would still be there.

I do respect him. Actually have more of an issue with the crowds than Federer himself. The disgraceful scenes in the 2019 Wimbledon final are my main issue. I was so glad the crowd went home crying after that final. I respect Federer I just don’t love him like many people, and that’s okay we all have players we like. Similarly I don’t like many Australian players bar Barty and Kyrgios.

So if you look at it that way because Melbourne, Dogs or say Brisbane do what Richmond have done they are also pretenders ?

Seriously you have no clue.

You talk for the sake of talking.

Both those sides have been pretenders especially Brisbane! They couldn’t even reach the final last year when every advantage was given to them.

These new players might come on but until that time they aren’t more than a length behind the real chances.

Both those sides have been pretenders especially Brisbane! They couldn’t even reach the final last year when every advantage was given to them.

These new players might come on but until that time they aren’t more than a length behind the real chances.

Are you the full quid ? You suggested the other Semi Finalists were pretenders. The topic is Wimbledon this year the comparison I made is AFL this year. If you think Brisbane, Dogs or Melbourne are pretenders this year you need counselling. Anyway carry on. I get stupider by the day reading your posts elsewhere so I don't know why I responding to something you know nothing about. I think I have read one to many of your posts that finishes with your childish catch cry lol. Of course you sitting behind your keyboard calling professional athletes plonkers, chokers and mugs is hysterical right ? You must be quite the individual.

Really liked the second women's semi so happy for Pliskova to come through. I don't think Sablenka is a b#### in fact she is quite the opposite and is very well liked. The handshake didn't come off that great but I think she was really angry with herself but she has herself to blame and her game. If she could just redline it a bit and not go for broke all the time.

With Pliskova she has found a coach who works for her and having her husband around all the time is working. Her husband was so nervous for her.

Go aussie Matteo.

With the big three I just appreciate what each bring to the game and how each in their own way have changed tennis for the better. They each have their own personality. I don't really care that they make mistakes because they are human and we all make mistakes. What they believe in is their own business as I'm sure as we all do. I don't mind that Novak had the tournament last year he learnt from it. I don't really like his oncourt celebrations but then again I can't stand Rafa taking so long between points.

As someone over 50 I am enjoying seeing some of the new generation coming through but one of them has to win a slam soon. As much as I like watching Rublev he needs another dimension to his game. Mevedev needs to keep his emotions in check but he is transitioning to other surfaces as he made quarters on clay and grass. Tsisipas maybe he will be the surprise packet at US or even the Olympics. Time will tell.

Anyway lets just enjoy watching tennis and bag out those players nicely who annoy us.

The one player I couldn't handle was Sampras I only watched his matches against Rafter and sometimes Agassi. I didn't like his game and he really didn't show his personality but he might of been a great guy just reserved.

Am I allow to say Ailja has done very well for herself with her choice in Matteo. Nice looking couple. Ohh and she is a cougar.

Back