2nds Port Adelaide vs Norwood - Round 14 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

"There's no reason to give THEM extra attention"

Yeah you've said enough and made your point.

We are not giving up our ******* jumper man it's 2 games.
By them I meant NAIDOC - The National Aborigines and Islanders Day Observance Committee not the whole aboriginal community and race.

By them I meant NAIDOC - The National Aborigines and Islanders Day Observance Committee not the whole aboriginal community and race.

NAIDOC Week celebrates the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. It's a week that's celebrated by "all Australians" and is a great opportunity to learn more about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.

If the club wants to extend their support by wearing the indigenous jumper that they're selling for an extra week so what. Stop sooking about nothing. It's something to be proud of

NAIDOC Week celebrates the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. It's a week that's celebrated by "all Australians" and is a great opportunity to learn more about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.

If the club wants to extend their support by wearing the indigenous jumper that they're selling for an extra week so what. Stop sooking about nothing. It's something to be proud of
What's to be proud of? Why do you need to show pride because we do good stuff with the indigenous community? We showed our respects last week. Do next week we wear another jumper to celebrate something else and be proud of that?

What's to be proud of? Why do you need to show pride because we do good stuff with the indigenous community? We showed our respects last week. Do next week we wear another jumper to celebrate something else and be proud of that?
I guess they figured that we aren't going to win premierships so we had better double down on the 2nd part of our "mission".

"Lucky we added that one in hey Kochie!".

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it's more of case of it being our home game. Mickey O'Brien did the Welcome to Country before the match.

One of my favourite players in the mid 80s, quick, strong overhead and a thumping kick.

Hate to bring up the past, but having a virtual reserves side since 2014, has it really helped the AFL side?
It's a positive they are together but since 2014 the restrictions on recruitment have become farcical and young AFL players are playing along side amateur league players in a side where you can't get dropped no matter how badly you play.
I think playing with a club side who were actually trying to win games would be extremely beneficial in a young players development.
Just think the magpies games are nothing more than training sessions at the moment

Hate to bring up the past, but having a virtual reserves side since 2014, has it really helped the AFL side?
It's a positive they are together but since 2014 the restrictions on recruitment have become farcical and young AFL players are playing along side amateur league players in a side where you can't get dropped no matter how badly you play.
I think playing with a club side who were actually trying to win games would be extremely beneficial in a young players development.
Just think the magpies games are nothing more than training sessions at the moment

As much as I hate the restrictions and rules I wouldn't go back. The contempt our players were treated with on the whole was infuriating.

Because of turnover and recruiting and injury, it's such a cyclical team. But we have played in 3 grand finals and those would have been great learning experiences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I hate the restrictions and rules I wouldn't go back. The contempt our players were treated with on the whole was infuriating.

Because of turnover and recruiting and injury, it's such a cyclical team. But we have played in 3 grand finals and those would have been great learning experiences.

Oh yeah we can't go back to that stupid model of our players being spread across the sanfl clubs. We have to either go to the VFL or break the rules with the sanfl, take matters head on with the sanfl, and recruit contracted players that will aid/compliment our young draftees and not the reverse as it is now. However we'll do neither and watch another 10 years pass on by with this rotten deal that does our club and its developing players no favours.

Without the indigenous community we wouldn't be as successful as we are ... its a week of honoring that and it ends tomorrow.
I'm proud to support a club that recognises that heritage more than most. If you're not than so be it , write a letter to kochie or move with the times.
There's a shitload more to be upset about with this club at the moment than that.

Last edited:
Without the indigenous community we wouldn't be as successful as we are ... its a week of honoring that and it ends tomorrow.
I'm proud to support a club that recognises that heritage more than most. If you're not than so be it , write a letter to kochie or move with the times.
There's a shitload more to be upset about with this club at the moment than that.

You want people to move with the times, I'd prefer Port return to being ruthless on and off the field and hopefully have some real success - yes there is a shitload to be upset about with the club at the moment and maybe (just maybe) they have forgotten some of their core values just to be nice and make people feel warm and fuzzy.

You want people to move with the times, I'd prefer Port return to being ruthless on and off the field and hopefully have some real success - yes there is a shitload to be upset about with the club at the moment and maybe (just maybe) they have forgotten some of their core values just to be nice and make people feel warm and fuzzy.
Nah s**t take
You can do both quite easily.
We're not in a bushleage despite the bogan coaching us.

I reckon if the club set a parameter on the design of the Indigenous jumper needing to still look like the jumper we wear, I guess being the v jumper (although I'd love us to bae it on the PB and get passed through the AFL), then we may have avoided the situation of plagiarism. Of all the Indigenous jumpers, this one I am most disappointed with because it is simply a wall painting slapped on material with a story that is not linked with the club. Wearing it at one home game in the sanfl and one in the afl is ok.

Yes it certainly doesn’t feel beneficial at the moment

Our game plan at AFL level is so heavily reliant on Dixon and Wines being dominant that is just doesn't translate at all to a SANFL side where Appleton and Lord have to shoulder those roles. Everything we do is hard, slow and contested. Our goals are excruciating and the whole experience is torture. With the way we play football we are destined for failure at SANFL level unless we have a host of A listers playing. I think there is an argument that in our current state we are the worst team in that competition, which to be honest is quite embarrassing when you have players like Hartlett, Hayes, Bonner, Ladhams, Goldsack etc. playing.

On another note, I liked McEntee's game today. Tackles stuck for the most part and has genuine, explosive pace. Looked better up and around the ball, somewhat defeating the purpose of drafting him as a forward. The missing link for him is composure and polish. If he had any semblance of forward craft he would playing next week and I would have real faith that he could be an AFL player. With his current skillset its hard to see him being relevant as a sub 180 cm centre square midfielder.

Our game plan at AFL level is so heavily reliant on Dixon and Wines being dominant that is just doesn't translate at all to a SANFL side where Appleton and Lord have to shoulder those roles. Everything we do is hard, slow and contested. Our goals are excruciating and the whole experience is torture. With the way we play football we are destined for failure at SANFL level unless we have a host of A listers playing. I think there is an argument that in our current state we are the worst team in that competition, which to be honest is quite embarrassing when you have players like Hartlett, Hayes, Bonner, Ladhams, Goldsack etc. playing.

On another note, I liked McEntee's game today. Tackles stuck for the most part and has genuine, explosive pace. Looked better up and around the ball, somewhat defeating the purpose of drafting him as a forward. The missing link for him is composure and polish. If he had any semblance of forward craft he would playing next week and I would have real faith that he could be an AFL player. With his current skillset its hard to see him being relevant as a sub 180 cm centre square midfielder.
Agree , thought McEntee looked promising today although I dont now what role he is being groomed for.

Firstly, the Magpies have played in 3 GFs since the change. 2 of which we lost by less than a goal. They're trying to win. Hinkley has said on record they want a winning environment down there and are selecting to make the Magpies as strong as possible.

Secondly, I left that game thinking completely different. I left it thinking it highlighted just how important having a really strong and winning Magpies team is to the Powers list development. At the start of the year we were lauding our depth. Now we're sitting here questioning what is in the tank! Several players seem to be going backwards at a crazy pace. Woodcock and Bonner in particular. And suddenly you'd have to say there's a lot of question marks over the kids on our list and whether they can ever make it. As soon as that support has dissipated around them, they are exposed and losing confidence.

he’s a Jonas replacement most likely.

Garner? afltables lists him at 183cm/83kg, so that swap seems a bit unlikely. or was that some sort of Hinkleymidget joke? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back